Spark plug wires are referred to by different names. Some people know them as high tension cables or high tension leads, while others know them as spark plug cables. These sets of wires are engineered to connect an ignition coil, magneto or distributor to each other of the spark plugs in an internal combustion engine. They help suppress the radio frequency interference as well as increasing torque and horsepower. However, it is important to go for the best spark plug wire set and not just any brand. This is because premium quality spark plug wire sets are durable and resistant to corrosion.
They also have several features that make them extremely easy to use. In general, high-quality spark plug wire sets are worth considering. But do you have any idea of where to get one? Well, read our reviews for more information.
- 1. NGK (8041) HE82 Spark Plug Wire Set Review
- 2. Taylor Cable 64628 Blue 8mm Spark Plug Wire Set Review
- 3. NGK (8691) FX58 Spark Plug Wire Set Review
- 4. MSD 32819 8.5mm Spark Plug Wire Set Review
- 5. ACDelco Spark Plug Wire Set Review (9748RR)
- 6. HINSON Motorsports Red Truck/SUV Spark Plug Wire Set Review (1999-2014)
- 7. uxcell Car Spark Plug Wires Review (Set of 8)
- 8. A-Team Performance 8.0mm Spark Plug Wires Review
- 9. AIP Electronics DRAGON FIRE Spark Wires Set Review
- 10. Bosch Spark Plug Wire Set Review (09001)
1. NGK (8041) HE82 Spark Plug Wire Set ReviewGet it now on Amazon.com
There is a reason why the NGK (8041) HE82 Spark Plug Wire Set is loved by many. Well, one of these reasons is that the spark plug wire set is quality and offers ultimate reliability. It is equipped with highly functional features that enhance its performance. In addition, wires in this set are custom manufactured for your vehicle. They are constructed with unmatched quality cabling and have original equipment identical connections. Besides, the ferrite magnetic core wire of this set does not increase resistance with age like traditional carbon core wires. They, therefore, help in the delivery of more power to the spark.
- Varying wire lengths: They ensure that more energy is delivered.
- Superior quality cabling: They make the set a top performer.
- EPDM rubber outer jacket: It is heat resistant up to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Taylor Cable 64628 Blue 8mm Spark Plug Wire Set ReviewGet it now on Amazon.com
The Taylor Cable 64628 Blue 8mm Spark Plug Wire Set has innumerable benefits. First, it increases horsepower and torque. Second, it suppresses the interference of radio frequency. This spark plug wire set also provides optimum voltage. It is one of the best performing spark plug wire sets that you should have at all times. Although it works as advertised, the spark plug wire set is affordably priced to make sure you have no financial problem buying it. Wires in this set vary in length, meaning you will be able to use them for different purposes. Taylor Cable knows what you like; hence, you will not regret buying this product.
- Oil-resistant insulation: It helps extend the life of wires in the set.
- Long length: Wires are 8mm in length.
- Double spring locks: They enhance the performance of the wires.
3. NGK (8691) FX58 Spark Plug Wire Set ReviewGet it now on Amazon.com
When you ask experts about the performance of the NGK (8691) FX58 Spark Plug Wire Set, they will tell you that people prefer to buy this spark wire set because it is quality and offers ultimate reliability. The set also boasts exceptional durability, and it is the best buy for anyone who values consistent performance. It is specially designed for superior conductivity and noise suppression. Moreover, the set does its job well and you will really love it for this. Each wire in this set is fitted with a positive locking terminal end that is made of corrosion-resistant stainless steel. These wires are made to exceed expectations, and that’s exactly what they do.
- Color-coded design: Makes it easy to install the set.
- Durable material: It enhances the general strength of the wire.
- High quality EPDM: It works with silicone coverings to resist oil, heat, and chemical damages.
4. MSD 32819 8.5mm Spark Plug Wire Set ReviewGet it now on Amazon.com
The MSD 32819 8.5mm Spark Plug Wire Set is one item you should not miss. It is made from the inside out. Therefore, expect it to give you everything you have ever wanted. It offers amazingly low resistance without electronic interference to make sure you are not inconvenienced at all. The set has around 40 – 50 ohms resistance in a single 12” length of super conductor wire. That is extremely low, especially for helically wound wire. The low resistance enables this set to lose less spark energy, making sure that more reaches the plug. You will definitely love the performance of this wire set.
- Dual crimp tabs: They grip outer jacket and wire conductor separately.
- Durable outer sleeve: It is a proprietary compound for resistance to high heat/abrasion.
- Ferro-magnetic impregnated core: It creates an effective EMI choke.
5. ACDelco Spark Plug Wire Set Review (9748RR)Get it now on Amazon.com
Made with high-temperature silicone insulators and strength-enhancing fiberglass, the ACDelco Spark Plug Wire Set (9748RR) promises to give you the results you have been looking for at the right time. It is made by a genuine and honest manufacturer who goes an extra mile to offer parts for GM, Toyota, Chrysler, Nissan, Honda, and Ford vehicles. The manufacturer has also designed this set to match the function, fit, and form of new vehicles. The set is high quality and you will not think twice using it in your vehicle. It is made with ultimate flexibility, and this enables it to work in different environments.
- Functional insulator: It employs high dielectric materials.
- Coil retainer: It prevents micro-arcing and fretting.
- Terminal design: It assists installation with outstanding corrosion resistance.
6. HINSON Motorsports Red Truck/SUV Spark Plug Wire Set Review (1999-2014)Get it now on Amazon.com
While the price of the HINSON Motorsports Red Truck/SUV Spark Plug Wire Set (1999-2014) is a little raised, it is worth it. First, the manufacturer has backed the spark plug wire set with a 100-percent guarantee to make sure that you only use what you are satisfied and happy with. Second, the plug wire set works with both First Generation Chevy Truck/SUV (1999-2006) and Second Generation Chevy Truck/SUV (2007-2014). It fits 6.2L, 6.0L, 5.3L, and 4.8L. This means you will have an easier task installing wires from this set in your vehicle. Do not settle for cheaply made spark wire sets even if they are decently priced.
- Terminals: They are made of stainless steel, so they can last longer.
- Spark plug boots: They are high-temperature gray to give you the performance you need.
- Extended length wire: It is traditionally used on truck application.
7. uxcell Car Spark Plug Wires Review (Set of 8)Get it now on Amazon.com
uxcell Car Spark Plug Wires (Set of 8) are made to meet the standards set by OE. And this means you will use it without doubting its performance knowing that it is a quality product that has passed through several tests. The set has pre-cut wires to exact length with reinforcing member for added terminal and strength retention. Additionally, it is compatible with several vehicles that include Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 (2002 – 2005), Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 LS/LT/Z66/Z71 2006, Chevrolet Silverado (1999 – 2005), among others. The total wire length of this set is 12.1 inches, which is long enough to give you outstanding results.
- Heat-resistant insulation: It ensures the safety of electric connection.
- Conducive silicone layer: It ensures high temperature performance.
- Fiberglass braid: They promote maximum strength.
8. A-Team Performance 8.0mm Spark Plug Wires ReviewGet it now on Amazon.com
A-Team Performance is one of the manufacturers that do not lie to customers. Their aim is to make sure that you get the best product ever. Well, those intentions have not changed in these spark plug wires. Made to please the customer, these wires are sturdy and ready to deliver. They come in a set of 6 to make sure you have enough of them to realize the best results ever. Each of the 6 wires is well made; hence, do not expect the set to be a letdown. It has great quality wires that deliver consistent performance much to the delight of the customer.
- 1-year warranty: Protects against parts and labor.
- Straight Boot: It is for spark plug.
- Black 90-degree Boot: It is for HEI distributor.
9. AIP Electronics DRAGON FIRE Spark Wires Set ReviewGet it now on Amazon.com
Although all spark wire sets can get the job done, it is advisable to go for a quality brand like the AIP Electronics DRAGON FIRE Spark Wires Set. Made for 2005 – 2008 GM and Chevy, this spark plug wire set promises to be a great addition to your vehicle. It is durable like other premium quality wire sets and has just enough features. Additionally, the wire length in this set is 4.125 inches long per wire. Therefore, expect little to zero inconveniences. AIP Electronics knows that you love quality products, and that’s why they are proud to bring you this set of wires.
- 8 plug wires: The set has a total of 8 spark plug wires for optimum convenience.
- Copolymer compound: It enables the spark plug wire set to eliminate voltage leaks.
- Black boots in terminals: They ensure maximum delivery by protecting the conductor from engine heat.
10. Bosch Spark Plug Wire Set Review (09001)Get it now on Amazon.com
Getting a spark plug wire set that guarantees peerless performance is the wisest move you will ever make. Luckily, one of those high quality spark plug wire sets is right in front of you. The Bosch Spark Plug Wire Set (09001), as it is known, has all the necessary components that give it the desired result. It is a spark plug wire set that should not miss from your vehicle. Despite its incredible performance, this spark plug wire set is highly affordable. And we love it because its price is not exaggerated yet it is one of the best when it comes to performance.
- No hassle lifetime guarantee: It allows you to return the product should you be unhappy with it.
- EPDM inner insulation: It stops voltage leaks that tend to rob power.
- OEM style connectors: They exceed OEM standards by making sure that wires are tightly crimped to the connectors.
Whether you have a new car or an old one, a spark plug wire set will help you a lot. These units are affordable, and, therefore, they are loved by many people. Most of them also fit many different vehicle models, making them much more convenient for vehicle owners. Choose one that has impressed you from the list above.