Makeup brushes need regular cleaning. Dirt, dust, oils, bacteria, and makeup itself accumulate on them. Such may cause skin irritations, acne, clogged pores, and acne. For this reason, it is crucial to clean your brushes.
Considering a makeup brush is used on an extensive part of the face, it requires thorough cleaning. What you need is a makeup brush cleaner. It fosters hygiene, restores brush luster and increases its life.
There are many brands on the market. The easiest way to arrive at the best makeup brush cleaner is through reading reviews. From them, you can identify items worth your money.
Well, here is a review of the best brush cleaners to keep in mind when shopping.
1. Luxe Makeup Brush CleanerCheck price on Amazon
Luxe presents users with three adjustable speeds meaning it suits a variety of brushes. It is fast and very easy to operate. Simply dip and dunk then spin for rinsing and drying.
Recharge the cleaner using its charging station and use it wherever you are. This increases convenience. You will love the high-standard materials used in making Luxe. They guarantee long-lasting use.
- Offers instantaneous cleaning
- Highly adjustable
- Easy to operate
- Comes with a USB charging station
- It is durable
- Free 140ml of Luxe cleaning solution
2. Cinema Secrets CleanerCheck price on Amazon
If you love a vanilla fragrance, it is what Cinema Secrets will leave your makeup brush smelling like. The cleaner cleans and sanitizes both natural and synthetic brushes, spatulas and palettes.
It is efficient at removing oils, bacteria and adhesive makeup components. There are two ways of using the Cinema cleaner. The first one employs capillary action, which cleans and conditions your brushes.
You need to pour the cleaning solution, dip your brush in it, and lastly wipe. The second way is to spray and wipe especially when in a hurry.
- Leaves behind a pleasant scent
- It is non-carcinogenic
- It is environment-friendly
- Rinse-less cleaning
3. Milimi Brush CleanerCheck price on Amazon
As one of the best makeup brush cleaners, Milimi offers two speeds for different brush sizes. It is a powerful device designed to clean thoroughly and dry brushes quickly. The non-slip handle increases comfort and safety of the cleaner.
Milimi’s cleaning bowl is made from safe materials that are non-toxic, wear resistant, odorless, eco-friendly and waterproof. Cleaning entails pouring soap and water into the bowl, dipping your brush, and spinning to clean and dry.
- Electric makeup brush cleaner
- Energy saving
- Extended motor life
- Portable, durable and convenient
- Runs on AAA batteries bought separately
- 8 collar sizes suit diverse brushes
4. Beautyblender CleanserCheck price on Amazon
Are you searching for a travel-size makeup brush cleanser? Beautyblender is here for you. It does a perfect job cleaning dirt, oil, and product.
It comes with a textured silicone pad for bouncing the cleanser or swirling brushes on it. If you use Beautyblender makeup kits, this cleanser would be perfect for them. Remember to dry the pad to prevent mold.
- Quick and effective
- Deep cleaning mechanism
- 1oz solid quantity
- Free of sulfate, paraben, and phthalate
5. YaFex Makeup Brush Cleaner
The best makeup brush cleaner does not ruin bristles. YaFex is such a cleaner. Its 13,000rotations a minute speed ensures quick and thorough brush cleaning.
Its eight rubber collars accommodate most brush sizes. The collars are flexible to ensure a snug fit. This brand uses a plastic bowl that is splash proof keeping you away from spills.
- Automated functionality
- Versatile to clean many brush sizes and types
- Designed from eco-friendly, durable material
- Gentle on bristles
- Premium material
- Easy to handle
- Uses 2 AAA batteries
6. Aesthetica Brush CleanerCheck price on Amazon
Aesthetica is a brush shampoo suitable for brushes, sponge, and applicator. It breaks down dirt and conditions makeup brushes. This product is powerful but gentle on synthetic and natural brushes.
The shampoo contains safe ingredients, thus it is not harsh on your skin or the environment. A tube will last between four and six months on regular use.
- Available in a 6oz capacity
- 100% vegan and gluten-free
- Prolongs the life of makeup tools
- User-friendly tube design
7. Selene Makeup Brush CleanerCheck price on Amazon
If you are an enthusiast of natural makeup tools, Selene brand is worth considering. It takes 30seconds only to clean one makeup brush. Are you tired of cleaners that send your brushes flying in the air because of a poor fit?
This item will not disappoint, as it features eight different collars to hold a wide range of brushes. You will need warm water and your favorite antibacterial soap for cleaning.
- Natural product with a compact design
- 8 collars for diverse brushes
- Fast and simple to use
- Washes and dries brushes
- Portable, convenient and versatile
8. Japonesque Brush Cleanser-SolidCheck price on Amazon
Japonesque is another gentle, natural, brush cleaner product. It is a goat’s milk cleansing balm. Being on the list of best makeup brush cleaner, this item uses a solid formula.
It has a fresh scent and is travel-friendly; therefore, it will take up little space in your makeup bag. It dissolves dirt quickly to cleanse and condition bristles for healthy use.
- Sold in a 2oz quantity
- 100% natural
- Instant cleaning
- Mess-free use
- Requires little effort to clean brushes
9. Dream Beauty Box Makeup Brush CleanerCheck price on Amazon
One of the quickest ways to clean makeup brushes is using sponge pads. Dream Beauty offers such products. The dry sponge uses no water, soap, detergent or chemical.
Therefore, with Dream Beauty, there is no vocabulary as drying time. It reduces cleaning time making it appropriate for busy users.
There is a mat with different textures for deep brush cleaning. However, you will need a cleaning solution when using it.
- Provides various pad colors
- Saves space due to the compact design
- Waterless operation
- Pink heart-shaped mat
10. EcoTools Makeup Brush ShampooCheck price on Amazon
EcoTools is the best makeup brush cleaner for several reasons. It is soft, gentle and restores sponges and brushes to their smooth nature.
Its plant-based ingredients make it skin friendly. Packaging uses tree-free paper. About cleaning, use lukewarm water on bristles before adding shampoo on them.
Rub them between your fingers, rinse, and then lay the brush flat to dry not standing upright.
- Easy use and long-lasting
- Free of perfume, paraben, petroleum, and phthalates
- Hypoallergenic and water-based
- Handles made from bamboo
- Manufactured from recycled aluminum and plastic
From the above review about best makeup brush cleaners, you now have an idea of what to buy. All the products are high quality, easy to use, fast and efficient. Your brushes deserve cleaning every 2-4weeks, and even daily if you have the time.