A high moisture level isn’t a good thing whether it is in your walls, masonry or wood. In walls, moisture can lead to the growth of molds which can result in allergic reactions and health issues. While in masonry it can compromise good results.
For this, you need to invest in the best wood moisture meters to detect the level of moisture in surfaces for you to take appropriate actions. While you can reduce the moisture in your home through natural means, you cannot get an accurate level of moisture in walls, floors, or even ceiling.
However, wood moisture meters are designed for this purpose and most of them are accurate to eliminate the guesswork. These kits are ergonomically designed, making them compact and lightweight for ease of use.
Finding the right wood moisture meter can be a difficult task, especially if you are shopping online. Not only are you likely to land on the wrong product but also you are likely to take longer to find the right tool.
Therefore, you need to be fully aware of the features that make up the best wood moisture kits such as being accurate, easy to use, easy to read, and also durable to last several uses.
Even so, we have included the following top 10 best wood moisture meter reviews to give you an insight into the best products at the market right now for you to pick from. Have a look.
- 10. Wagner Meters Orion 910 Wood Moisture Meter Kit
- 9. Lignomat Mini-Ligno E/D Moisture Meter
- 8. General Tools Digital Moisture Meter, MMD4E
- 7. Tavool Wood Moisture Meter
- 6. Stihl Wood Digital Moisture Meter
- 5. Calculated Industries AccuMASTER XT Moisture Meter
- 4. Dr.meter Digital Wood Moisture Meter
- 3. Dr.meter Upgraded Wood Moisture Meter, Pinless
- 2. Delmhorst Digital Wood Moisture Meter, J-2000
- 1. Amprobe Moisture Meter, MT-10
10. Wagner Meters Orion 910 Wood Moisture Meter Kit
Get accurate wood moisture measurement every time when you have the Wagner Meters Orion 910 Wood Moisture Meter Kit. It comes with an individually paired on-demand calibrator to allow you to calibrate your meter easily and anytime for the ultimate accuracy.
This wood moisture meter features a non-damaging pinless sensor to deliver optimum durability and reliable performance. Plus it is backed by a 7-year warranty so you can buy with confidence. This wood moisture meter kit is made up of an IntelliSense technology to give it a more rugged design to sustain even the toughest jobs.
Thus, it is virtually unaffected by the temperature of the wood or the environment for dependable performance. Better yet, this kit comes in various styles to enable you to choose from based on your needs and budget.
- This kit has the perfect combination of quality, versatility, and accuracy
- It is sturdy enough to withstand even the toughest jobs
- Comes with an ABS plastic carrying case
- Can be used to measure some non-solid wood products
9. Lignomat Mini-Ligno E/D Moisture Meter
The Lignomat Mini-Ligno E/D Moisture Meter is user-friendly as all you need to do is press the pins into the wood and the meter turns on automatically to provide a reading. It has a wide moisture range of 6 to 45 for optimum versatility.
Hence, this kit can be used by professional furniture makers, hardwood floor installers, as well as construction-grade lumber. It comes with two pins including 3/16″ and 7/16″ pins to enable you to take deeper core readings.
There is a wrist strap and pouch included to facilitate easy storage and portability. This wood moisture meter is made from high-impact plastic to ensure it is sturdy enough to endure the rigors of everyday use. Moreover, it is covered by a 2-year warranty to reassure you that you are buying a legit product.
- There is a green cap that serves as a handle for easy probe insertion
- The longer pins stored inside the meter helps to measure thicker materials
- This tool is lightweight and easy to use
- Comes with a 9v battery to get you started
8. General Tools Digital Moisture Meter, MMD4E
Determine the moisture content of wood and other building materials by yourself using the General Tools Digital Moisture Meter, MMD4E. It enables you to check whether the area is wet or has long since dried to help you prevent the occurrence of mold.
This moisture meter is equipped with stainless steel pins that you need to insert into the surface of what you are measuring for you to get a read-out. It has a measurement range of 5 to 50% for wood and 1.5 to 33% for building materials, giving you ultimate versatility.
This moisture meter has low, medium, and high moisture tones colored, red, yellow, and green to show visual alerts. It is powered by a 9V battery to deliver long-lasting and reliable performance. Besides, this kit boasts an auto power off and low battery indicator for peerless convenience.
- The protective cap doubles as a calibration checker
- This meter has a large LCD display for easy reading
- There is a hold function to enable you to freeze a reading
- This machine is easy to use and works accurately
7. Tavool Wood Moisture Meter
Get quick and accurate wood moisture reading every single time with the Tavool Wood Moisture Meter. It is engineered with 2 high precision pins which penetrate into test surfaces for you to know the moisture level in them.
Also, it gives you an estimate of the potential for moisture growth throughout your home, enabling you to live in a healthy environment. This moisture meter tool features 8 calibration scales to allow you to find out the moisture content of many different wood types.
As a result, it is a great tool for inspectors, manufacturers, lumbers suppliers, and other professionals who deal with wood products. This unit is versatile enough so you can use it to measure moisture content in wood and building materials. What’s more, it is made from high-quality materials including stainless steel pins for extra strength and durability.
- This tool is lightweight and easy to carry
- It has a large LED display for easy reading
- There is a hold function to let you freeze readings
- It is ergonomic with rubber side grips for optimum comfort
6. Stihl Wood Digital Moisture Meter
Whether you want to ensure that the firewood is ready to burn or just need to know the moisture content in wood, the Stihl Wood Digital Moisture Meter is just what you need. It has a measuring range of 6 to 42% to give you the versatility to measure various surfaces.
Hence, this tool is perfect for firewood which needs a moisture level of less than 20% to burn efficiently. This moisture meter comes with batteries to enable you to use it straight out of the package upon arrival.
And there is a manual included to guide you on use, maintenance, and reading among others. Moreover, this tool is made from genuine materials to ensure extra durability and reliability.
- This machine has an LCD screen that is easy to read
- It fits nicely in the hand for added comfort during use
- It is easy to use and delivers accurate results
- The machine is lightweight and compact for easy portability
5. Calculated Industries AccuMASTER XT Moisture Meter
Find hidden leaks in walls and other surfaces using the Calculated Industries AccuMASTER XT Moisture Meter. It can measure moisture in wood, concrete and many more to help you prevent the growth of mold and damages to your home.
This unit is equipped with super-sharp pins which you need to stick into the wood to see the moisture content. It has a measurement range of (5-11%) for low, (12-15%) for medium and (16-50%) for high.
The moisture levels are indicated by icons and audio alerts, eliminating the guesswork in the entire process. This moisture meter is powered by a 9v battery to deliver long-lasting and dependable performance. Furthermore, it has an auto shut off feature to help you save power in case you forget to turn off the device.
- The hand-friendly body makes this tool comfortable to hold
- It has a large backlight display for easy reading
- The moisture meter looks solid and sturdy
- It has a hold key to help you freeze the readings
4. Dr.meter Digital Wood Moisture Meter
Ensure you are using good, dry wood for all your projects to avoid splits, cracks, and warping when you have the Dr.meter Digital Wood Moisture Meter. It has a measuring range of 5 to 40% and an accuracy of 1% to enable you to know the exact status of your building materials.
This moisture meter is versatile to enable you to use it to know moisture content on flooring, drywall, and other materials. It comes with spare pins to ensure a broken pin does not slow down your working process.
In fact, the included pins are sturdy to deliver reliable and long-lasting performance. This moisture meter is powered by a 9 battery that you will get on purchase for peerless convenience. Also, it has an auto shut off function that goes off after 10 minutes of inactivity to help you save on power.
- The large LCD screen allows for easy reading
- Ergonomic design promotes comfort for ultimate control
- This tool is lightweight and compact for easy use and portability
- It comes already calibrated so you don’t need to calibrate it
3. Dr.meter Upgraded Wood Moisture Meter, Pinless
Now you don’t have to make holes into furniture, walls, and other valuable objects just to get their moisture content thanks to the Dr.meter Upgraded Wood Moisture Meter, Pinless. It is designed to use HF electromagnetic waves so you can measure wood moisture content without making a mess.
This unit has wide compatibility to enable you to test different kinds of wood for moisture. It has a high-precision design to ensure you get the exact reading every single time. This moisture meter has a measurement range of 4 to 40% with an accuracy of (1% Rh + 0.5) for optimal results.
It has a temperature compensation feature to keep the object to be tested at the same temperature within 5 minutes to help you get more accurate results. Furthermore, this tool is designed to alert you for temperature calibration, zero calibration, and ATC overrunning so that you are always informed.
- This equipment has an auto-off function to save you power
- It has a large LCD screen to provide clear readings
- There is a manual included for ease of use
- Comes with a carrying bag for easy storage and portability
2. Delmhorst Digital Wood Moisture Meter, J-2000
Check lumber and hardwood for building and work to ensure they are in a good state using the Delmhorst Digital Wood Moisture Meter, J-2000. It is capable of correcting up to 48 wood species, meaning it is an extremely versatile and accurate wood moisture meter.
It is for this reason that this meter is popular among woodworkers, cabinet makers craftspeople, and has a measuring range of 6 to 40% to cover a variety of conditions. This model has the ability to adjust changes in temperature to make it easy for you to take readings in extreme heat situations or in room temperature environments.
It works quickly to warn you of the moisture levels, minimizing defects such as cracks, shrinkage, and splits in your project. Moreover, this meter averages up to 99 accumulated readings to give you a bigger picture of your current job.
- This unit has a large LCD screen that shows clear and accurate readings
- It has a built-in handle for you to keep it at your fingertips
- This item delivers superior results in a few minutes
- Comes with a durable carrying case for easy portability
Related: Best Garage Shelving Unit
1. Amprobe Moisture Meter, MT-10
Versatile and reliable, the Amprobe Moisture Meter, MT-10 is designed to help you determine the moisture content of lumber, paper, concrete, sheetrock, and plaster among others. Thus, it makes a great tool for indoor air quality applications that detect moisture in walls, ceilings, and floors.
This meter can measure wood and paper moisture from 8 to 60%, building materials from 0.3 to 2.0%, and temperatures from 0 to 40 degrees C. It is powered by a 9v battery that is already installed into the machine for utmost convenience.
This unit complies with the European directives and relevant Australian standards to boost your confidence in buying. There is a low-battery indicator to alert you if the battery is running out. Plus, this tool boasts an auto-off function to help you preserve power when the device is inactive.
- The LED lights provide quick and accurate moisture indication
- This machine has a backlight screen for easy reading in poorly-lit conditions
- It has an ergonomic design for the ease of use
Finding moisture is definitely the first step in early mold prevention measures. While there are so many ways of doing this, nothing beats the precision of the best wood moisture meters. Plus, these meters are versatile to help you detect moisture levels on a variety of surfaces. That is why you need to go through the above compilation to discover your most preferred wood moisture meter.