For business organizations that need to keep track of inventory, the best wireless barcode scanner is an essential tool worth investing in. These days, barcode scanners come in compact and lightweight options that make them easier and convenient to use than the traditional models.
They are compatible with several operating systems and editing software to give you optimum versatility. The best part is that these barcode scanners are applicable in numerous organizations to suit people in various lines of businesses. Finding the ideal wireless barcode scanner is, however, very complicated since there are several units to choose from. We have, therefore, compiled the following top 10 best reviews in 2020 to make your search as simple as possible.
1. Esky USB Automatic Barcode Scanner
Made of shock-resistant ABS plastic, the Esky USB Automatic Barcode Scanner is reliable to deliver long service life. It is designed to support over twenty different keyboard country layouts to give you various options to capture data for quick organization. This barcode scanner is compatible with Mac, Linux, and Windows to be used with software editing tools for optimum versatility. It is lightweight and convenient so you can take it anywhere to use in supermarkets, book stores, pharmacies, bakeries, and fashion stores.
This scanner boasts an easy grip handle with an ergonomic design to ensure it fits comfortably in your hand for the ease of use. Moreover, it has the fastest scanning speed and large memory capacity to give you unrivaled performance.
- This scanner is easy to install and to use
- It saves you time and money
- Works well in classroom situations
- The steps listed in the instructions are not detailed enough to understand
2. TaoTronics Barcode Scanner
Featuring an auto-sensing technology, the TaoTronics Barcode Scanner lets you scan automatically once a barcode is presented in front of the scanner. It is built from a high-quality ABS plastic that has undergone through 1.5M drop test to deliver exceptional durability that can stand the test of time. This scanner features an ergonomic handle with a flex barcode stand to ensure the ease of use. It is compatible with a wide variety of operating systems and software including Linux, Windows, Mac, Excel, Word, and QuickBooks among others.
This model is created for plug-and-play to ensure you can use it straightway with no software required. Additionally, it is easy to install since it comes with a manual for the same.
- This scanner comes with an iron to make it stand more steadily
- It is accurate and super-fast at sensing and uploading barcodes
- This unit can be used in different fields including express logistics and billing charges among others
- This model cannot read barcode from the screen
3. Inateck Wireless Barcode Scanner
Equipped with two connection modes, the Inateck Wireless Barcode Scanner allows you to use a USB or 2.4GHz wireless connection. It has an internal memory of 256 KB to accommodate more than 2600 data strings. This scanner is powered by a built-in 1800mAh Li-Ion battery with a standby mode of a half a year plus if fully charged.
It boasts very low energy consumption to deliver continuous scanning for more than one week. This unit is chargeable via any USB 2.0 port to give you a convenient charging option. It boasts a robust construction design that makes it sturdy enough to survive it if falls from a height of 1.5m. Besides, there is a sound and LED indication of power to ensure optimum performance.
- This scanner is easy to program
- It scans all barcodes including UPS, USPS, FedEx, and Amazon ASIN labels
- The included manual is very easy to read and to follow
- May come with minor defects; however, this can be replaced
4. TaoTronics Wireless Handheld Barcode Scanner
Scan and upload barcodes instantly to your device using the TaoTronics Wireless Handheld Barcode Scanner. It is paired to the receiver by default to enable you to plug the receiver to any USB port in your PC to begin scanning immediately. This scanner has a dual design that makes it usable both wired or wireless according to your needs.
It can cover a wireless transmission distance of up to 164 feet. And when you are using it outside the coverage area, you can opt for a wired connection. This scanner is compatible with a majority of operating systems including Mac, Windows, and Linux to allow you to use it with excel, word, and QuickBooks software among others.
- This scanner has a comfortable design for handheld operation
- It is lightweight for easy setup and portability
- There is plenty of room to save up to 1000 codes
- This scanner may require two trigger pulls to wake it up, otherwise, it works fine
5. NADAMOO Wireless Barcode Scanner
Designed with a long distance wireless transmission technology, the NADAMOO Wireless Barcode Scanner can deliver up to 400m transmission in the open air and 100m transmission indoor. It comes with a mini USB receiver which you will only need to plug and play like a virtual keyboard input; no drivers required.
This unit boasts two scanning modes that allow you to press the trigger for scanning or turn to the automatic mode for quick scanning without the need to press any button. It has a large internal memory to enable you to store up to 100,000 barcodes in offline mode. Thus, you can scan and store barcode when far from the receiver then update the data to your device when you enter the wireless transmission range.
- The scanner is compatible with most operating systems
- It has a long transmission range
- Seems solid and sturdy enough to endure regular use
- Not suitable for reading barcode from silver foil paper that reflects light
6. TEEMI Upgraded 2 in 1 Barcode Scanner
Compatible with Bluetooth wireless connection and USB connection, the TEEMI Upgraded 2 in 1 Barcode Scanner lets you scan work wired or wireless depending on your preference. It supports Microsoft Windows, Google Android 4.0 above, and Mac operating systems so it can work with your phone, PC, or tablet. This barcode scanner can extend the maximum transfer distance from 32 feet to 196 feet to give you optimum performance. It has two scanning modes; one that requires you to press the trigger and the other is automatic to free your hands.
Also, there are two working modes; the instant upload mode and inventory mode to ensure the scanner automatically saves the scanned data when out of range and transmit when it reconnects.
- This model is simple to connect and to use
- It allows you to save up to 500 UPC barcodes
- Reads the supported code very reliably
- It has lots of functions and features at a good price
- Sometimes it may seem stuck; however, replacing the USB cable does the trick
7. TaoTronics Bluetooth Wireless Barcode
Being Bluetooth-enabled, the TaoTronics Bluetooth Wireless Barcode accurately scans and transmits data to the wireless receiver up to 30 feet away. It is easy to set up and to use as all you need to do is connect and start scanning.
This scanner is compatible with Windows, Android, Mac, and iOS so it can work with your computer, tablet, or smartphone. And it can scan a wide range of barcodes including UPC/EAN, Full ASCII Code 39, Codabar, and ISBN, among others. Plus, this model has a large capacity internal storage to accommodate up to 4000 barcodes so you can upload the data to your device when need be.
- This scanner gives you the freedom to scan anywhere
- It has an ergonomic design to ensure you can use without tiring
- This model is durably made to withstand daily abuse
- It is capable of handling irregular barcodes
- Even though the online manual cannot be scanned, this scanner is worth the money
8. TEEMI Wireless Laser Barcode Scanner
Integrated with 1800mAh Li-ion battery, this TEEMI Wireless Laser Barcode Scanner can scan continuously for more than one week. It is chargeable by any USB port 2.0 to give you a convenient way to charge from any USB-enabled devices. This scanner has a versatile design to allow for use in warehouses, shops, libraries, and hospitals among others. At the same time, it is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux to read barcodes and upload instantly to excel, word, or even Novell.
This scanner is designed for automatic scanning to ensure hands-free operation without the need to press the trigger. Moreover, it boasts 2-in-1 craftsmanship to enable you to use it wired or wireless according to your preferences.
- This scanner supports FedEx, UPS, DHL, and USPS
- It provides fast and accurate scanning every time
- This unit is much easier to set up than other scanners in the same class
- May come with few manufacturers flaws but this can be replaced
9. NADAMOO 2-in-1 Wireless Barcode Scanner
Designed with plug-and-play in mind, the NADAMOO 2-in-1 Wireless Barcode Scanner is very easy to use as it does not require you to install any software or app. It has a 2-in-1connection design to allow for wireless connection with 2.4G or wired using the included USB cable. This barcode scanner has a transmission distance of 100 feet with obstacles.
On the other hand, it can reach a transmission distance of up to 328 feet without obstacles. It boasts two scanning modes including key trigger mode or automatic mode to provide hands-free scanning. Also, there are two upload modes, one for instant and the other for collecting to upload later.
- This scanner captures data fast and accurately
- It is ready for use straight out of the box
- Allows for compatibility with the most popular operating systems
- This unit has no Bluetooth function, but it is good for the price
10. NADAMOO Wireless Barcode Scanner with USB Cradle
With two upload modes; instant and storage mode, the NADAMOO Wireless Barcode Scanner with USB Cradle allows you to scan data instantly or store to upload later. It has a large internal storage memory to accommodate a maximum of 10,000 barcodes in offline mode. This scanner is constructed for plug-and-play to ensure it is ready for use straight out of the box with no drivers needed. It comes with a utility USB cradle that can be used both as a receiver and charging base.
This model has a wireless transmission distance of up to 400m in an open area and 100m indoors. Better yet, it has a powerful multi-function design to support 3 types of pairing modes including one-to-one, one-to-many, and many-to-one.
- This barcode scanner is cost-effective and reliable
- It has a manual with advanced figurations and options
- This model read codes easily and quickly
- It charges comfortably at the base
- Rubber cover at bottom of gun falls off; however, this does not compromise the performance
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Wireless Barcode Scanners
Finding the best barcode scanner can be time-consuming and very difficult, that is why we bring you the following factors to guide you through, have a look.
Since you are going to use your barcode scanner with other applications and databases, it is prudent to consider how it is going to connect to these systems. Luckily, in this article, we have included gadgets that are compatible with various operating systems and editing software. Besides, some of them are Bluetooth-enabled to offer optimum versatility.
When shopping for the best wireless barcode scanner, you need to look for bargain options. Do not go for cheaper options because most of the time they are not too good. In this compilation, we have reviewed top-quality products at pocket-friendly prices. Therefore, even if you are on a budget rest assured you can find the right one.
Wireless barcodes come in various designs to suit various work environments. If you are going to require a barcode scanner to carry to the field, you need an item that is lightweight and portable. At the same time, it should be well-built to sustain the harsh elements you might meet outdoors. Otherwise, if you need a scanner to use at the table top on a daily basis, portability is not so much of an issue.
The best wireless barcode scanner has numerous benefits that you can only discover when you try out one. We have reviewed and researched the best products in the industry to bring you top-standard products. Therefore, make sure you take a thorough read through the above reviews to discover the right scanner for all your needs.