The best way to care for and lengthen the lifespan of you shag carpet is by investing in the best vacuum for shag carpets. These vacuums are compact yet powerful and efficient to help you clean your carpet thoroughly without damages.
They utilize special filter technology to capture up to 99.9% of dirt, dust, and allergens, leaving your shag carpet spotless and fluffy. The best thing about these vacuums is that they are highly versatile to help you clean various surfaces and items like furniture and curtains.
Finding the best vacuum is quite tedious, especially if you have never owned one before. Luckily, the following top 10 best reviews in 2022 brings you the best-performing vacuums for shag carpets in the industry right now for you to choose from. Check them out.
- List of The Best Vacuum for Shag Carpets in 2022
- 1. Bissell CleanView Vacuum, 9595A
- 2. Hoover T-Series Vacuum, UH70120
- 3. Shark Navigator Professional NV356E
- 4. Hoover Sprint Upright Vacuum Cleaner, Blue
- 5. Shark Upright Vacuum TruePet
- 6. Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaner, M084650
- 7. Bissell Upright Vacuum Cleaner, 1831
- 8. Kenmore Upright Vacuum Cleaner, 31140
- 9. Electrolux EL4335B Vacuum, Watermelon Red
- 10. Oreck Upright Vacuum, LW1500RS
- Buyers Guide for the Best Vacuum for Shag Carpets
List of The Best Vacuum for Shag Carpets in 2022
1. Bissell CleanView Vacuum, 9595A
Equipped with an innovative brush design, the Bissell CleanView Vacuum, 9595A cleans more on the initial pass. It has a cyclonic system to deliver long-lasting and powerful suction to help you clean up quickly. This vacuum features a 25-foot power cord to offer an extended cleaning reach across the floor all the way up to the stairs. It has a large capacity dirt tank that holds a lot of debris so you can spend less time emptying and more cleaning. The lightweight and hand-held designs make this machine easy to maneuver on furniture and upholstery in your car. Besides, it comes with premium attachments to provide faster and more efficient cleaning options.
- The washable foam tank filter makes for easy maintenance
- The vacuum can be used on its own or with an attached tool
- It is suitable for cleaning the ceiling and baseboard without straining
- The machine makes a fair amount of noise, but it’s nothing you can’t withstand
2. Hoover T-Series Vacuum, UH70120
For the best all-round cleaning of your shag carpet, consider the Hoover T-Series Vacuum, UH70120. It utilizes Hoover’s patented WindTunnel technology to lift up dirt from deep down embedded places to give your floor the ultimate clean. Weighing in at just 17 pounds, this vacuum is lightweight so you can easily move it up and down the stairs for above floor cleaning needs like furniture and curtains. It is equipped with 5 position carpet height adjustment so you can adjust according to the type of your floor or carpet for optimum performance. There is a crevice tool included to enable you to clean hard-to-reach places with precision. What’s more, this unit comes with a 25 feet cord to enable you to stretch it and cover a large area without carrying the entire machine.
- The machine uses a reusable HEPA filter
- Features a no-scuff bumper which protects furniture as you clean
- The settings are easy to adjust from deep carpet to hard floor surfaces
- The machine uses a rubber belt which is not very sturdy to clean the floor
The Shark Navigator Professional NV356E combines an anti-allergen complete seal technology and a HEPA filter to trap up to 99.9% of dust and allergens. It has a brush roll shut off feature, making it safe and suitable for cleaning deep carpet and bare floor. At just 13.7lbs, this vacuum is lightweight enough for you to maneuver it around the house without too much strain. For optimum portability, there is a button that you press to lift the canister easily to clean hard-to-reach places. The HEPA-filter is washable for simple maintenance and long-lasting durability. Also, this machine is powerful and versatile to help you clean curtains, floors, carpets, and furniture among others.
- The canister is easy to detach and to clean
- The cord is nice and long so it does not come off when you extend
- The machine is highly efficient for vacuuming hard floors
- This unit is on the expensive side, but the quality is worth each cent
4. Hoover Sprint Upright Vacuum Cleaner, Blue
If you are looking for a powerful vacuum in a compact package, the Hoover Sprint Upright Vacuum Cleaner is your go-to. It features a multi-cyclonic technology that separates fine particles of dirt before they reach the rinse-able filter for easy maintenance and optimum durability. The rinse-able filter is made with HEPA media that traps up to 99.97% of dust and pollens down to 0.3 microns. The machine is equipped with a 23-foot cord to give you a maximum stretch of up to 7ft without re-plugging. Better yet, it has 3-position height adjustments to allow you to adjust according to the type of the floor or carpet you want to clean up.
- The machine is lightweight to help you sprint through daily cleaning
- It has a removable cleaning wand for maximum versatility
- Works for a variety of surfaces including floors, walls, carpets, and curtains
- The handle has a little bit of movement in it while you are pushing back and forth
5. Shark Upright Vacuum TruePet
When you have a lot of ground to cover, the Shark Upright Vacuum TruePet delivers unrivaled floor-to-ceiling cleaning power. It is lightweight with a dynamic swivel steering that allows for easy maneuverability in an upright mode. This vacuum uses the TruePet mini motorized brush to extract allergens, dirt, and dust from pillows and upholstery among others. It is equipped with LED lights on the handle and nozzle to navigate dark corners and under furniture, leaving no stone unturned. There is a powered lift-away feature with fingertip controls on the handle to allow you to switch effortlessly from carpets to bare floors and vice versa. Similarly, this model features an above-floor mode to allow for simple above-floor cleaning needs.
- Ensures excellent control when moving around furniture
- The brush pattern works great, leaving the carpet noticeably cleaner and fluffier
- The power head reaches tight spaces and can get under most beds
- The machine doesn’t do that well on a bare floor as it does on carpets
6. Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaner, M084650
Weighing in below 10 pounds, the Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaner, M084650 is lightweight and compact so you can pick it up quickly for daily cleaning. It has a retractable handle that allows for easy carrying and storage when not in use. This vacuum combines intensive suction power and a revolving brush attack to lift up dirt from the deepest ends of carpets. Likewise, it has a unique guard that traps dirt on hard surfaces without peeling off delicate finishes. The machine is equipped with a 25 feet power cord that extends long enough to help you cover a wide area without re-plugging. Moreover, it boasts height adjustment to offer optimum versatility for carpet and hard floors.
- This machine is small yet very powerful
- The power cord stores nicely on the back of the machine
- The bagless design allows for easy cleaning and maintenance
- The dirt cup is very small and it fills up relatively quickly
7. Bissell Upright Vacuum Cleaner, 1831
The Bissell Upright Vacuum Cleaner, 1831 utilizes a multi-level filtration with a washable filter to help reduce household dust and allergens. It has a 25 feet power cord to offer an extended cleaning reach of up to 6 feet. The machine is compact and lightweight so you can carry and push it around without weighing you down. Yet, it remains extremely powerful to capture and keep dirt where it belongs. The dust bin is see-through so you can clearly monitor dirt built-up and know when to empty it. In addition, this machine comes with an innovative brush that cleans on the initial pass for fast and efficient cleaning.
- The machine has 5-height adjustments for multi-surface cleaning
- It comes with other tools for cleaning furniture and upholstery among others
- The holding tank is huge and easy to empty
- It works with a high pitch whine that some people may find bothersome
8. Kenmore Upright Vacuum Cleaner, 31140
Constructed with a 2-motor system and powerful flow technology, the Kenmore Upright Vacuum Cleaner gives adequate suction power to clear up all debris on carpet and hard surfaces. It is equipped with 4-height adjustments to provide optimum airflow and cleaning efficiency on various surfaces. This machine is triple HEPA filtration and AAFA certified, making it safe for allergy sufferers and pet owners. The HEPA filtration system captures up to 99.9% of dirt dander, pollen grains, and others allergens, leaving your house clean and fresh. This vacuum comes with 3 attachments including crevice and dusting tool for cleaning baseboards and tight corners. Also, it has a telescoping wand that reaches up to 10 feet for a wide cleaning coverage.
- There are LED headlights lighting ahead for a cleaner home
- The machine works for stairways and high shelf cleaning
- The performance is exceptional for both carpets and bare floors
- This machine is a bit pricey; however, the quality you get is at par
9. Electrolux EL4335B Vacuum, Watermelon Red
The on/off roll switch and 3-level height adjustments make the Electrolux EL4335B Vacuum user-friendly and versatile. It has a 33 feet extension wand to enable you to cover a wide cleaning area without carrying the entire unit. Then again, this vacuum is compact and lightweight so you can easily move it around your home for optimum cleaning performance. It uses the HEPA filtration technology that captures 99.9% of dirt and allergens to leave your carpet spotlessly clean and fluffy. Also, the HEPA filter is washable for you to reuse over and over, eliminating unnecessary expenditure on new filters. Plus, the dust cup is slim, bagless, and easy to empty, reducing the amount of dust escaping into the air.
- The machine uses a cyclonic system to give you consistent suction power
- It has large rare wheels and low center of gravity for maximum stability
- Cleans crevices and stairs in one step
- The multi-tool may be difficult to figure out but not impossible
check also: Best Sewing Machines for Quilting
10. Oreck Upright Vacuum, LW1500RS
Another excellent vacuum is the Oreck Upright Vacuum, LW1500RS. It has a unique SlimSwivel design that is flexible enough for easy maneuverability around the house. This machine uses HEPA filter technology that captures 99.9% of particles at 0.3 microns. It has a Saniseal docking system to keep dust from escaping when you change bags. There are new edge brushes to make cleaning up against baseboards quick and effortless. The vacuum features a high-performing motor that spins at 7,000 RPM to deliver powerful cleaning experience. Better yet, it is equipped with LED headlight that illuminates dark places to give you peerless performance.
- This machine is highly effective and versatile
- It lies flat under bed and furniture for maximum performance
- You can adjust the brush roll speed to customize the cleaning process
- May come with a few manufacturers drawbacks, otherwise great unit
Buyers Guide for the Best Vacuum for Shag Carpets
The following are some of the factors we used to make this compilation, they can help you narrow down your choices. Take a look.
When shopping for the best vacuum for shag carpets, consider one that is lightweight enough for you to carry and maneuver without straining. Vacuuming is hard as it is and the last thing you need is a heavy unit that is difficult to lift up let alone carrying it from one place to another. Hence, you should go for vacuums weighing 15lbs and below.
A HEPA filter is a special filtering technology that is highly efficient and cost-effective. Aside from capturing up to 99.9% of dirt and allergens, the HEPA filter is washable to allow you to reuse it again and again. This saves you on the cost of replacing the filter once it is completely covered with dirt.
A Brush Head Control
The best vacuum to use on your shag carpet should be one that is equipped with the brush head control. Such a vacuum, allows you to turn on or off the roller brush when you clean between the carpet and bare floor. The last thing you need is a machine with no head control that will damage your shag carpet or ruin the delicate finish of your floor.
There is more to the best vacuum for shag carpets than the ones we have listed above. Finding the best one requires you to focus on your carpet type as well as the specific features you want in a vacuum. That said, we remind you to take a thorough read into our in-depth reviews for that vacuum cleaner that will give you the best home cleaning solution.