Any homeowner who wants a comfortable attic should seriously consider investing in one of the best solar powered attic fans. As their name suggests, these fans are powered by solar energy, and this means they will have zero impact on your electric bill.
They work with the existing vents to improve the circulation of air in your attic. According to research, temperatures in the attic can exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit during summer. These fans have been proven to lower temperatures by up to 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
Most attics are well insulated, but this does not prevent heat from being transferred to adjacent rooms. Well, top-quality solar-powered attic fans exhaust the excess heat build-up, thereby, reducing AC run times and HVAC loads. This, in turn, helps cut electric costs. Nevertheless, before you choose an attic fan, you must know the capacity of your attic and which types of fans can best serve it.
You also must know how sturdy an attic fan is to avoid buying a new solar-powered fan after just a few months. Another thing you must have in mind is the warranty. Get all of these factors right and you will be a proud homeowner. In our reviews, we have talked about the models you should have on your list during the hunt for a new solar-powered attic ventilator.
- 10. GBGS 1750 CFM Solar Attic Fan
- 9. ECO-WORTHY 25W Solar Powered Attic Ventilator
- 8. iLIVING Smart Solar Attic Exhaust Fan
- 7. Amtrak 40-Watt 14 inch Solar Attic Fan
- 6. Remington 30 Watt Solar-Powered Attic Fan
- 5. Broan 345SOWW 28-Watt Solar Powered Attic Ventilator
- 4. Natural Light 36-Watt Solar Attic Fan
- 3. ECO-WORTHY Solar Powered Attic Fan
- 2. Rand 20-Watt Wall/Roof Solar Powered Ventilator
- 1. Natural Light Ultra Low-Profile 24-Watt Solar Attic Fan
10. GBGS 1750 CFM Solar Attic Fan
Your attic should not be like a sauna in the summer. The GBGS 1750 CFM Solar Attic Fan is a high-performance unit that ventilates up to 1750 CFM. Best of all, it does that without having an impact on your electricity. This means when you have it, you will be able to save a fair amount of money every month yet still keep your attic super cool.
The fan is equipped with a brushless motor that enables it to deliver results without making much noise. It also has nylon-fiber aluminum blades that move a lot of air to bring the coolness you need. It is important to note that this fan does not come with batteries. Therefore, when the sun goes down, it stops working.
- Brushless DC motor has a lifespan of 10 years
- Built-in thermal to protect the motor from overheating
- Adjustable solar panel; 0, 15, 30, and 45 degrees
- Adjustable solar bracket; 90 degrees horizontally
- Weighs 13.9 kilos
9. ECO-WORTHY 25W Solar Powered Attic Ventilator
This solar-powered attic fan is a great investment, and that’s because it delivers even at low voltage. The minimum voltage it operates in is 4V, and this means you will get amazing ventilation even during cloudy days. Another feature that puts this solar-powered attic ventilator up there with the best is the fact that it is equipped with a brushless motor.
The motor operates quietly, and it protects against moisture. Plus it enables this solar-powered fan to cool up to 1960 CFM. The materials used to make this fan are worth talking about as well. They are of good quality, meaning this unit is well built. As if that’s not enough, the manufacturer has made the tolerances of the solar vent quite tight.
- Weighs 13.5 pounds
- Dimensions of the fan are 15.2 by 14.5 by 9.8 inches
- Cools the roof
- Reduces the load on the air conditioning system
- Comes with a pre-installed 8” solar cable with quick-connector
- Ideal for home attic, RV, greenhouse or outdoor
8. iLIVING Smart Solar Attic Exhaust Fan
iLIVING is a company in San Francisco, California. And it does a wonderful job of producing top-notch products for everyday use. The smart solar attic exhaust fan is one of these products. Its high rating and several customer reviews prove it is not a product to be overlooked if you want maximum satisfaction.
It cools off your home without hiking your electric bill. Furthermore, this exhaust fan is IP68 waterproof; hence, it will give you confidence knowing that no matter what happens, it will hold up really well. The brushless motor is highly efficient and offers up to 2,800 square feet of capacity cooling. That being said, this is the fan for you if you have a fairly large area to cool.
- Backed by a 15-year warranty
- Ready for add on features such as on/off switch, a screen guard, etc
- Add-On features are sold separately
- Adjustable 20W polycrystalline solar panel
- Smart thermostat with controls of 65 – 130F
7. Amtrak 40-Watt 14 inch Solar Attic Fan
We are in the 21st century where we only give much attention to versatile products. The Amtrak 40-Watt 14-inch Solar Attic Fan gets the nod because it is suitable for RV, garage, greenhouse, and Gabel vent. It is a product of Amtrak solar; one of the leading manufacturers of the most powerful solar attic fans in the industry.
Amtrak Solar makes roof-mounted fans, solar gable fans, and solar fans for outdoor, RV, and camping. All that being said, expect this 40W 14” solar attic fan to be the real deal. The fan blade of this unit is new and larger than ever before to improve its efficiency. The housing, on the other hand, is 14 inches in size, and this is just fine.
- Available in 40W, 50W, and 70W
- Easy to install with quick-connect wires
- Comes with 15’ of extra wire and brackets
- Made in the USA
- Thermal-protected fan motor
- For areas up to 2025 square feet
- Instructions to install the solar attic fan are included
6. Remington 30 Watt Solar-Powered Attic Fan
Buying the right solar powered is one thing. Installing and getting it to work is another. The Remington 30W Solar-Powered Attic Fan is worth investing in because it works as advertised plus it is very easy to install. In fact, you will need just 1 hour to finish the installation. The fan has the latest noise dampening technology that makes it ready to install.
Furthermore, this attic fan comes equipped with a brushless 24-volt DC motor. The motor is quiet and will not bother you at all when the fan is running. The American design enables the fan to quickly lower attic temperatures as well as to get rid of destructive moisture. Needless to say, this fan will make your home more comfortable. The fan also reduces the load on the HVAC system, thereby, lowering electric bills.
- Backed by a lifetime, limited warranty
- Comes with a built-in thermostat and humidistat
- Effectively cools up to 1,800 sq. ft. of attic space
- Powder-coated steel housing for superior durability
5. Broan 345SOWW 28-Watt Solar Powered Attic Ventilator
Saving electricity is not just good for your wallet but also great for the environment. The Broan 345SOWW 28-Watt Solar-Powered Ventilator will help you achieve that. It converts sunlight into electric power, meaning it will have zero impact on your electric bill. Ideally, this solar-powered attic ventilator is built to last. Its housing is made of UV-stabilized and color-dyed rugged ABS plastic.
As if that’s not enough, there is a rugged, tempered glass panel built to resist deterioration and withstand large hail. Additionally, this solar-powered attic fan has a low profile that makes it an unobtrusive and attractive addition to any roof. No pivoting stands or props needed during installation. If you want to keep your attic cool without having to pay your electric bill through the nose, this is the model to go for.
- Dome dimensions are 26.5 by 29.9 by 7.75 inches
- Housing dimensions are 25.5 by 25.5 inches
- Available in weathered wood or black finish
- Roof opening is 14 inches in diameter
4. Natural Light 36-Watt Solar Attic Fan
If you are after proper attic ventilation, a solar-powered attic fan is a must-have. And one of the best solar-powered attic fans you can turn to is the Natural Light 36-Watt Solar Attic Fan. Builders have rated it so highly that we think the last thing it will do to your attic is to leave it hot and uncomfortable.
The DC motor of this unit is powered by the 36W solar panel (included). It is an efficient motor that enables the fan to move air and moisture out of your attic space. The adjustable solar panel can be set at a flat up to a 45-degree angle to harness as much energy from the sun as possible. It is important to note that this solar-powered attic fan is not for sidewall mounting or flat roofs.
- Made in the USA
- Moves up to 1628 cu. ft. per minute under full direct sun
- The whole unit is backed by the industry-leading 25-year limited warranty
- Easy to install with no wiring required
3. ECO-WORTHY Solar Powered Attic Fan
The environment should be conserved at all costs. And you can start doing that by investing in this solar-powered attic fan by ECO-WORTHY. As its name suggests, this attic fan converts solar energy into electricity. This means you will not incur any costs when you have it. Best of all, the ECO-WORTHY Solar Powered Attic Fan requires no wires to work. It is easy to install plus it is super versatile.
You can, therefore, use it in greenhouses, boats, and caravans, among others. Since this unit solely relies on solar, you must note that during cloudy days, it will not produce enough solar electricity. You, therefore, have to wait for the next clear days to enjoy its services. Well, that’s the only caveat this solar-powered attic fan has. Otherwise, it is a nice model for anyone who wants to save a few bucks on electricity.
- Water-resistant, pollution-free, and quiet
- Built-in rechargeable battery for day and night use
- Fully automatic operation powered by solar energy
- Weighs 2.15 pounds only
2. Rand 20-Watt Wall/Roof Solar Powered Ventilator
This is one solar-powered attic ventilator you should never think twice to invest in. It pays for itself, and this is just amazing. It will dramatically cut your cooling costs. Moreover, this unit comes with a top-notch 20W polycrystalline silicon solar panel that does a great job of supplying it with solar energy.
The solar-powered ventilator has an adjustable angle bracket, which you can set at the right angle for the maximum harness of the sun’s energy. Another good thing to say about this model is that it is good for the environment. Plus it has a 1274 CFM capacity that cools up to 1813 sq. ft. attic space. That being said, it is ideal for most attics. The manufacturer stands behind for an unforgettable user experience.
- Comes with a free 85-degree thermostat
- Dimensions are 22.6 by 18.3 by 9.1 inches
- The manufacturer is Rand Solar
- Weighs 12.45 pounds
- Provides extra ventilation
- Comes with a wire for easy installation
1. Natural Light Ultra Low-Profile 24-Watt Solar Attic Fan
Customers have high demands and expectations when they buy a new product. Well, we are glad to tell you that this ultra-low-profile 24W Solar Attic Fan is designed to meet those demands. It performs highly and at the same time reduces HVAC loads as well as AC run times during summer.
It also helps prevent ice damming and winter hotspots during winter. Another benefit you will get from it is the fact that it minimizes damage caused by the attic moisture buildup throughout the year. Moreover, this solar attic fan features commercial-grade aluminum components that are powder-coated inside and out for unrivaled durability. The solar panel of this unit fits flush to hold up well to tornadic winds and hurricanes.
- Impressive 25-year warranty on all components, including the motor
- Fire Safety switch and Thermostat switch options are sold separately
- Venting capacity of up to 2100 square feet
- Exhausts up to 1339 CFM
- Less visible and more attractive than non-low-profile units
Having a solar-powered attic fan is highly recommended because it will help you save the environment and cut electric costs. These thoughtful fans come with solar panels that harness solar energy and convert it into electricity. If you were interested in one or two and didn’t know where to start from, we hope you have found the article useful.