With winter fast approaching, it is high time you invested in tools that will help you face the cold season with confidence. And there is no place to start than to take a look at some of the best single stage snow blowers the industry has to offer right now.
While you can clear snow with the help of a shovel, a snow blower will make your snow blowing experience much easier and convenient. This is because these snow blowers are powerful and forward speed to enable you to move effortlessly for quick snow removal.
They are lightweight with ergonomic handles to deliver a comfortable snow blowing experience. Better yet, most of these snow blowers are adjustable to enable you to throw cleared snow in any direction.
With so many single stage snow blowers being introduced into the market every day, finding the best one can be quite tedious and time-consuming.
That is why you need to look at the ease of use, quick-start up, compact and lightweight design, as well as the cost of acquisition and maintenance. But since these factors alone won’t lead you straight to the right product, we have compiled the following top 8 best reviews to help you out.
8. Snow Joe SJ620 Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower Review
Driven by a 13.5amp motor, the Snow Joe SJ620 Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower is powerful enough to move up to 650lbs of snow per minute.
It is equipped with a 4-blade steel auger that cuts areas of 18 W x 10 D inches in every single pass. This snow thrower features a 180º adjustable directional chute to enable you to throw snow of up to 20ft. Thus, it is suitable for quick snow pickups, walkways, and mid-sized driveways.
This unit runs on an electric engine, ensuring easy maintenance since there will be no gas or oil changes. It has an instant start to allow for quick, convenient startups each time. This unit is ETL inspected and approved to ensure it is safe for use. Plus, it is backed by a complete 2-year warranty for you to buy without any second thoughts.
- This unit is compact for easy portability and storage when not in use
- It has easy-glide pivot wheels for effortless maneuverability
- The ergonomic grips provide comfortable use
- Easy to operate and to maintain
- Scrapes snow without damaging your deck
7. Snow Joe SJ622E Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower Review
To clear snow off mid to large-sized walkways and driveways, you need an efficient machine like the Snow Joe SJ622E Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower.
It has an instant start to deliver the performance of a gas machine with the convenience of electric power. The only difference is that this snow blower is easy to maintain since it has no gas or oil to be changed.
It is operated by a 15-amp motor that has enough power to move up to 720 pounds of snow per minute. This machine features a 4-blade rotor crafted from heavy-duty steel for durable and reliable performance.
Hence, it can cut a full 18 W x 10 D inches swath of snow in a single pass. Better yet, this machine is covered by a 2-year warranty and has been ETL approved for safety and authenticity.
- This snow blower can move snow to up to 25ft away
- It has easy-glide wheels for simple mobility
- Clears snow without damaging your pavement
- There is a chute clean-out tool included for convenient maintenance
6. Toro Power Single-stage Gas Snow Blower Review
Equipped with a positive-locking zip deflector, the Toro Power Single-stage Gas Snow Blower enables you to throw snow in different directions with just a squeeze of the hand. It has an electric start to ensure quick start-ups and reliable ignition.
The snow blower is designed with wide, rubber paddles to enable it to propel forward while clearing snow down to the pavement. It has a 7-inch diameter that helps to remove compacted snow and ice easily.
Thus, this equipment is suitable for concrete and asphalt surfaces. It comes with a 210-degree chute rotation that helps to provide great snow throwing control every single time.
This unit boasts a premium 99cc OHV 4-cycle engine to deliver effective snow removal in areas of 18 inches wide and 12 inches deep. What’s more, it has forward variable speeds to enable you to control the throwing power to suit your needs and preferences.
- Clears snow off driveways and walkways much easily
- Throws snow at high and low angles
- Makes quick work of compacted snow
- Moves very fast and effortlessly
5. Yard Machines 21-Inch Single Stage Snow Thrower Review
Clear your pathway or driveway with ease when you have the Yard Machines 21-Inch Single Stage Snow Thrower. It is driven by a 123cc 4-cycle gas engine to deliver the efficient performance you can rely on.
This snow blower comes with an EZ chute control to enable you to throw cleared snow in your preferred direction to avoid blow-back on the operator. It boasts 7 x 15 tires which provide steady traction while tackling the tough winter condition.
This unit has a large clearing deck to clear areas of 21 by 13 inches in one single pass. Thus, it is great for light snowfalls around the deck or pavement.
The snow blower is backed by a 2-year limited warranty to reassure you of quality and safety. Plus, it is composed of an auger-propelled forward speed to clear snow easily.
- This machine works well and effortlessly
- Its handle folds easily for easy storage when not in use
- Seems well-made and durable
- This machine is easy to put together and to use
- Starts very easily every time
4. Briggs and Stratton Snow Thrower 1696715 Review
Face the upcoming snowfalls with confidence when you have the Briggs and Stratton Snow Thrower 1696715. It is equipped with a SnowShredder serrated auger technology to enable you to tackle tough compacted end-of-driveway snow.
This snow thrower is engineered with an 1150 snow series engine that is the most powerful in the single stage class. It has an electric push-button start to allow for easy start-ups.
This machine has a chute rotation system that is very easy to use for peerless performance. It boasts a convenient headlight to enable you to handle whatever the winter throws your way.
This unit is backed by a 3-year warranty to enable you to buy with confidence. Moreover, it is available in a variety of styles to suit people with different needs and budgets.
- There are large wheels to provide effortless maneuverability
- This snow blower can clear paths of 22 inches wide with an intake of 12.5inches
- Its wear-resistant polymer auger enhances the overall durability
- The control button is located near the handle for optimum convenience
- They are oversized to allow you to operate even with your mittens on
3. Husqvarna Gas Snow Blower Review, ST131
Long, cold winters create tedious and time-consuming work for many; make it easy by equipping yourself with the Husqvarna Gas Snow Blower, ST131.
The handles and controls are placed side by side for maximum usability and comfort which allows for smooth and efficient operation. This snow blower features multi-ply reinforced auger blades to help you sweep the snow efficiently with immediate contact to the ground.
Thus, it is an excellent solution for garden entrances, driveways, and paths. This equipment boasts premium engines to provide powerful performance that you need for those large spaces.
It has a heavy-duty construction to deliver comfortable operation season in season out. This machine uses a robust auger that is sturdy enough to work well in frozen and extremely wet snow.
Better yet, it is complete with a remote chute deflector that lets you control snow throwing in the vertical direction with a lever on the panel.
- The electric start ensures that you never have to worry about a dead battery
- The machine has heated handle grips for comfortable control
- It has cleated track-drive system to offers unrivaled propulsion on wet surfaces
- This unit is sturdy to withstand the demands of harsh winter
- It has hydrostatic transmission and power steering for smooth performance
2. Snow Joe Hybrid Single Stage Snow Blower Review (iON18SB-HYB)
Designed with a sturdy 2-blade rubber auger, the Snow Joe Hybrid Single Stage Snow Blower (iON18SB-HYB) plows 500 pounds of snow every single minute. Hence, it can clear an area of 18-inches wide by 8-inches deep with each pass.
This unit boasts a scraper bar at the base to enable you to clear right to the ground without damaging your pavement or deck. It has a 180º adjustable chute that allows you to direct the snow stream up to 20ft away.
The snow blower comes with a 3W LED headlight to provide increased nighttime visibility for convenient snow removal at night. It is designed to use a state-of-the-art cordless dynamo with a powerful 13.5 amp brushless motor to give you powerful and efficient snow blowing.
There is a start button that allows for a single press of quick start-ups. Besides, this snow blower is backed by a full 2-year warranty and it is EL approved for you to buy with confidence.
- Available in three styles for you to choose from
- Ideal for quick snow pickups on walkways and mid-sized driveways
- The machine is lightweight for easy snow clearing
- It has a long-life battery to provide 50 minutes of continuous runtime
- The machine runs quietly not to interfere with your peace of mind
1. Poulan Single Stage Snow Thrower Review, 961880007
Given its compact design, the Poulan Single Stage Snow Thrower, 961880007 conserves valuable space so you don’t have to worry about storage space. It has a belt drive system that is easy to maintain and service for long-lasting performance.
This snow blower features a 21-inch auger width and 13-inch auger diameter that makes removal of compacted ice and snow very simple and quick.
Thus, it is ideal for light snow removal from decks, sidewalks, and small driveways. This snow thrower is operated by a storm-force 4-stroke 136cc engine that delivers a powerful performance every single time.
And it has a quick start button to allow for effortless startup every time. This machine boasts a 180-degree chute rotation to help you throw the snow wherever you want. Also, it has on-forward speed to provide easy maneuverability on various surfaces.
- Works well and makes snow removal very simple
- Starts easily and runs great
- This machine operates with a low noise level to give you peace of mind
- It is ideal for small to medium jobs
- This machine is lightweight and very easy to operate
Snow clearing is a task that most people loathe with the notion that it is hard work. However, what most people don’t know is that when you have the right tool there is absolutely nothing you cannot do. So whine no more about how snow clearing is difficult and get yourself the best single stage snow blower from the above reviews. Good luck.