A crankset is an essential component of a bicycle drivetrain. It converts the reciprocating motion, which is on the rider’s legs, into a rotational motion. And by so doing, it helps drive the chain or belt, which in turn drives the rear wheel. Unlike their conventional counterparts, modern cranksets are somewhat advanced and equipped with more features. Ideally, a good number of them come with bottom brackets to maximize their performance. Plus they are lightweight, and, therefore, will not add weight to your bike. Here, we review the best single speed cranksets to help you make an informed decision on what to go for and what to ignore.
6. Shimano FC-M311 Bicycle Crankset Review
Take the performance of your bike to the next level with the Shimano FC-M311 Bicycle Crankset. It is a highly functional unit that’s compatible with chaincase for optimum convenience. In addition, the crankset is compatible with 7/8 speed and requires a 123mm bottom bracket (not included). If you are after ultimate convenience and peerless performance, the Shimano FC-M311 Bicycle Crankset should be a frontier for you.
- Two different colors: They include black and silver, and they give you the opportunity to choose a desirable color that perfectly matches the aesthetics of your bicycle.
- Chainguard integrated design: It promotes convenience as well as enhances the general performance of the crankset.
- Optimum compatibility: The crankset is compatible with chaincase and 7/8 speed.
- Lightweight construction: It will not add extra weight to your bicycle.
5. Restrospec Bicycles Fixed-Gear Single-Speed Crankset Review
Restrospec Bicycles has been active on the market; thanks to their top quality products. They mainly focus on durability and strength, making their products one of the best. The Fixed-Gear Single-Speed Crankset is one of these products. And it is equipped with everything to make sure you are satisfied with how it performs. This Fixed-Gear Single-Speed Crankset will definitely become your best purchase of the year.
- Variety of sizes: They give you the opportunity to customize your bike.
- Several bright colors: Make it easier to get a color that matches your aesthetic.
- Alloy crank and steel chainwheel: They let you ride more efficiently and smoothly, thereby, reducing frequent maintenance.
- Forged design: It makes the crankset denser but lightweight enough to deliver exceptional results.
- Versatile functionality: The crankset fits on fixed-gear, track, BMX, mountain, and single-speed bikes.
4. Shimano FC-M590 Crank Set Review (Deore SL)
Shimano has come up with an innovative crank set that you will instantly love. The Deore SL FC-M590 Crank Set, as it is known, is designed to address the needs of today’s riders. Best of all, it has been around since 1982, meaning it carries vast experience in its locker. Ideally, this crank set has perfectly evolved with the unending diversification of bikes to make sure it remains relevant and useful.
- Revolutionary new design: It complements the latest evolution of bikes.
- 2-piece crankset: It delivers optimum durability and stiffness.
- Two colors: They are silver and black, and they give you a chance to easily customize your bike.
- Super Narrow HG: It is specially designed for 9-speed use.
- 64/104mm bolt circle diameter: It brings in the much-needed convenience.
3. SRAM Courier Crankset Review (S300)
One great fact about the SRAM Courier Crankset (S300) is that it is stiffer and lighter than its predecessor. And this is enough to give you a hint on what to expect when you equip it on your bike. The SRAM Courier Crankset also comes with a bottom bracket that makes it a convenient unit with lots of advantages. It is without a doubt one of the best single-speed cranksets you will ever come across today.
- Durable material: The crankset is forged from 6061 6T alloy material that is both durable and lightweight for unmatched performance.
- Bottom bracket: It maximizes the performance.
- 3 different sizes: They enable you to get the right size without much fuss.
- Black color: It perfectly blends with most bicycles.
2. Campagnolo Veloce 10-Speed Crank Set Reivew
This 10-speed crank set does not come with a bottom bracket, but this does not affect its performance. It is still one of the most highly functional crank sets on the market today. Ideally, Campagnolo has intelligently designed it, so it can perfectly suit modern bikes, as well as equipped it with the Power Torque System to ensure exceptional performance.
- Lightweight construction: The crank set weighs 837g only; hence, it will not be a burden to your bicycle.
- Chain ring geometry: It ensures faster shifting in the upward and downward directions.
- A variety of sizes: They allow you to customize your bike without much effort.
- Two colors: They include silver and silver/black, meaning you will be able to get a perfect color that matches your aesthetic.
1. SRAM Crankset w/GXO Cups Review (Omnium Track)
According to more than a few riders, the SRAM Crankset is arguably the stiffest crank they have ever interacted with. It is designed by SRAM, one of the most dedicated manufacturers the world has ever seen. Well, this means it is the perfect package for anyone looking to enhance the performance of their bike. The crankset is also durable enough to offer ultimate dependability.
- Versatile capability: The crankset is perfect for all-out velodrome racing as well as for use at home as the outstanding fixie crankset.
- Bottom bracket: It optimizes performance.
- Durable construction: The crankset boasts the strongest and stiffest alloy.
- Several sizes: Allow you to choose the perfect size that’s suitable for your bike.
- 3 different colors: They include black, silver, and super aluminum.
There are several brands of cranksets on the market today. And it is important that you be extra careful when choosing one. Well, this will help you get the best product since you will be able to weigh things from various reviews. In this compilation, we help make things much easier by unveiling the best single-speed cranksets. They are thoroughly assessed and compared, meaning any that you will choose will be of great value. In addition, cranksets listed here have a wide range of colors and sizes to help you customize your ride without much effort. So, go ahead and read the compilation!