When you think of the best sewing machines for quilting the first thing that comes to your mind is SINGER. Yes, it is the pioneer of all sewing machines in the world. Today, however, so many changes have taken place that you can now find other varieties of sewing machines which are just as good.
In this article, for instance, we bring you 10 varieties of sewing machines the market has to offer. They are sturdy, easy to use, and versatile to allow for a variety of sewing needs. The best thing is that most of them are quiet with computerized functionality to make them more convenient to use.
Without further ado, we urge you to take a read through the following top 10 best reviews in 2021 in order to identify the right sewing machine for all your quilting needs.
- List of The Best Sewing Machines for Quilting in 2021
- 1. Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine
- 2. SINGER Quantum Sewing Machine, Stylist (9960)
- 3. SINGER Tradition Portable Sewing Machine (2259)
- 4. Brother Sewing Machine, XR9500PRW
- 5. Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine, HC1850
- 6. Brother Project Runway Sewing Machine, CS5055PRW
- 7. Brother XR3774 Quilting Machine, XR3774
- 8. Brother Laura Ashley Sewing & Quilting Machine, CX155LA
- 9. Brother Quilting and Sewing Machine, PQ1500SL
- 10. JUKI Sewing and Quilting Machine, TL-2000Qi
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Sewing Machines for Quilting
List of The Best Sewing Machines for Quilting in 2021
1. Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine
Create your own clothing and accessories that match your style with the Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine. It is loaded with many automatic and advanced features to help you get started very quickly. The automatic needle threader, for instance, perfectly pushes through the needle so you don’t have to waste time doing it yourself. There is an adjustable stitch speed that gives you easy control when making stitches.
The most fascinating thing about this machine is the stitch selector switch that allows you to easily see and choose your stitching style. All the sewing with this machine is done on its wide table that is suitable for quilts and other large projects. Besides, the machine boasts a built-in free arm to help you do intricate sewing projects like pant legs, sleeves, and other cylindrical items easily.
- The machine has a maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches per minute
- It is user-friendly so it is very simple to operate
- Creates virtually invisible seams
- It is not a suitable option for heavy-duty stitching
2. SINGER Quantum Sewing Machine, Stylist (9960)
Designed with a large selection of stitches, the SINGER Quantum Sewing Machine, Stylist (9960) gives you various stitching styles including quilting and decorative stitches. It has a built-in needle threader that pushes the thread into the needle for you, eliminating eye strain and frustration.
There are 600 built-in stitches including 5 alphanumeric fonts, and 13 built-in 1-step buttonholes to meet all your sewing needs. Also, the machine features mirror imaging and stitch elongation to provide much more creative possibilities. With a speed of 850 stitches per minute, this machine has an optimum sewing speed to help you complete stitching projects quickly. Further, it has a bright LED light illuminating the sewing surface to provide optimum viewing.
- The machine is very easy to use
- There are various fonts to allow you to personalize your projects
- The extension table provides a large working area
- May come with shipping defect, otherwise a great machine
3. SINGER Tradition Portable Sewing Machine (2259)
Made of a heavy-duty metal frame, the SINGER Tradition Portable Sewing Machine (2259) looks sturdy and durable. It is equipped with 19 built-in stitches and a built-in 4-step buttonhole to make sewing creative projects fun and simple. There is an adjustable stitch length design to help you keep the seams strong and prevent bunching on any type of fabric.
This machine has a free arm to ensure easy access to collars, cuff, pant hems, and other hard-to-reach areas. Its presser foot can be raised to a higher position to enable easy positioning of your project. Other accessories that come with this sewing machine include a quilting guide, button sewing foot, thread spool caps, and many more.
- The machine is very easy to use
- It can be used to sew several layers of thick fabric
- Provides several options for making basic garment alterations to more elaborate designs
- This machine is a bit heavy, however, it does not compromise performance
4. Brother Sewing Machine, XR9500PRW
From constructing garments to quilting masterpieces, the Brother Sewing Machine, XR9500PRW works just fine. It comes with 165 stitches as well as 8 styles of 1-step auto-size buttonholes to make sewing much simpler and fun. This machine features an oversized wide table to allow for quilting and larger sewing projects.
It has a large backlight LCD screen with computerized stitch selection for you to choose from depending on your sewing needs. There are built-in stretchy stitches to enable you to sew elastic, fleece, and other stretchy fabrics. The automatic needle threading helps to take off the strain and frustration from your eyes. Moreover, the machine operates with or without foot control for optimum versatility.
- This sewing machine is lightweight with a handle for easy portability
- It is perfect for creating crazy quilt designs
- Variable speed control lets you sew at the most comfortable speed
- The machine’s mechanism is a little challenging but it gets easy with time
5. Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine, HC1850
Unleash the creative designer in you with the Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine, HC1850. This is a fantastic multipurpose quilting and sewing machine that will satisfy almost all of your sewing needs. It is equipped with 8 special feet including overcast foot, zigzag foot, and monogramming foot among others to help you produce creative designs.
This machine comes with a detachable wide table to give you the ability to do free-motion quilting. It has a convenient flip chart attached to the front that shows all built-in stitches for you to select from easily. Additionally, there is a large backlight LCD display with an intuitive push-button stitch selector for optimum performance.
- The machine is lightweight and portable, perfect for taking to classes
- There is an exceptional feed system that allows you to sew on a wide range of fabrics
- Can be used with or without included foot controller pedal
- The needle threader is a bit awkward to use
6. Brother Project Runway Sewing Machine, CS5055PRW
Featuring a quick-set top bobbin, the Brother Project Runway Sewing Machine, CS5055PRW allows you to start sewing almost instantly. It boasts 50 sewing stitches and 87 stitch functions to help with garment construction and quilting stitch functions. This machine comes with an intuitive push-button stitch selector for you to choose the stitching style you need.
The easy-view LCD display shows the selected stitch in terms of length and width while also guiding you on the right foot to use. As if that is not enough, the work area is well-lit with LED light to give you a clear view of your project, especially if you are sewing in the dark.
- The built-in auto-needle threader helps you avoid straining
- The machine has a convenient chart for you to select from at a glance
- It has a vertical spool pin to ensure more consistent feeding
- The LED light only covers the immediate area of the needle and pressure foot
7. Brother XR3774 Quilting Machine, XR3774
The Brother XR3774 Quilting Machine, XR3774 is value-packed and versatile, hence perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects. It combines jam-resistant top drop-in bobbin, needle threader, and brightly lit LED work area for easy operation. This machine comes with 37 unique built-in stitches and 74 stitch functions that you can choose from based on your sewing needs.
There is a 1-step auto-size buttonholer to help you make perfect buttonholes each time. This machine has a wide table to enable you to perform large scale projects such as quilts. Furthermore, the package includes an instructional DVD with demonstrations to get you started on your sewing journey.
- The machine is great for beginners learning to sew
- It is quite versatile to help you perform a variety of sewing projects
- The LED-lit area improves visibility in dark areas
- The stitch selection enables you to choose the ideal decorative style
8. Brother Laura Ashley Sewing & Quilting Machine, CX155LA
With a stitching speed of 850 stitches per minute, the Brother Laura Ashley Sewing & Quilting Machine, CX155LA delivers maximum sewing speed to help you complete your projects faster. There is a variable speed control to help you adjust the sewing speed according to your needs.
The machine has 100 built-in stitches with 1-step auto-size button styles and 55 alphanumeric stitches for basic monogramming. It has an advanced needle threading system to help minimize the frustration and straining of the eye. Besides, there is a large backlit LCD display to show the stitches and stitch settings.
- The machine has a brightly lit sewing area for use in the dark
- It is easy to use with just the touch of a button
- Provides reliable and quality stitching
- The machine is too small for heavy-duty quilting projects
9. Brother Quilting and Sewing Machine, PQ1500SL
Finish up your sewing project in a matter of minutes with the Brother Quilting and Sewing Machine, PQ1500SL. It boasts a stitching speed of 1500 stitching per minute to give you high-speed straight stitching. This machine has an automatic thread cutter and needle threader to help you save more time and avoid straining your eyes.
It features heavy-duty construction to provide added durability and increased stability. There are foot pressure adjustment and 4 feed dog settings to offer optimum fabric control. This sewing machine comes with a knee filter and extension table to allow for easier management of fabrics and bulky quilts. Also, it has a bright LED light to illuminate your working area when sewing in poorly lit conditions.
- The machine features a fabric operator for smooth handling of fabrics
- Makes a great unit for quilting
- The machine provides computerized operations
- May become problematic if you don’t raise the sewing foot completely
Check also: Best Gas Hedge Trimmer
10. JUKI Sewing and Quilting Machine, TL-2000Qi
Updated with one pedal operation and LED lights the JUKI Sewing and Quilting Machine, TL-2000Qi is now easier to use than before. It boasts an aluminum die cast arm and bed for low vibration and noiseless operation. The machine operates at a speed of 1500 stitches per minute to enable you to finish up all your sewing tasks faster.
It has a wide extension table that provides a wide work area suitable for quilting apparel as well as home décor. This machine comes with an automatic needle threader to help you avoid straining your eyes and save more time sewing. It has a stitch setting panel for you to select the right stitch setting at a glance. Moreover, the machine adopts the true drop feed used by many best quilters so you can create famous stitch quality.
- The machine is easy to operate
- It can work on large quilts as well as denim jeans
- The machine is stable, sturdy, and long-lasting
- It is not the perfect option for beginners
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Sewing Machines for Quilting
It may seem quite involving to search for the best sewing machine for quilting but not when you look at the following factors;
Consider a sewing machine for quilting that has a high stitching speed. Stitching speed is measured by the number of stitching that a machine can make in a minute. While some machines can make 850 stitches per minute others can make up to 1500 stitches per minute. So go for the one that can help you finish large quilting projects in the shortest time possible.
Auto Needle Threader
For optimum performance, consider a sewing machine with the auto needle threader. This feature pushes the thread perfectly through the needle’s eye so you do not have to do it manually. By so doing, you save more time, eye strain, and the frustrations involved in doing it manually by yourself.
Since some quilting projects can be very large, consider investing in a machine that has a wide table or an extension table. This provides you with more space to accommodate such large projects. Besides, a large working area gives you more freedom to move your arms around freely, especially when designing or monogramming.
Although some of the factors included in the buyer’s guide may seem basic, they surely are a good starting point. But then, landing on the final product will eventually come down to your specific taste and preferences.
No matter how you decide on the right product for your quilting needs, the above reviews will come in very handy, so make sure you read through.