The best salt water chlorinators are the real deal for pool owners. These chlorinators are designed to make sure pool owners have a super convenient life and get to enjoy their pools to the fullest. They do a great job of keeping your swimming pool clear and blue all the time.
By so doing, these salt water chlorinators allow you to enjoy swimming every time you get to your pool. What’s even better, these salt water chlorinators keep the water clean through a natural process.
The electrolytic process, as it is known, uses a very low concentration of salt to generate free chlorine. The just produced chlorine then goes ahead to get rid of algae as well as killing bacteria. Once it has done its job, chlorine reverts to salt.
This indefinite and natural cycle will leave the water of your pool not just sparkling clear but also feeling soft, silky, and refreshing. Given that salt water chlorinators only require you to use a little amount of salt, it is safe to say that it is economical. Go through the reviews we have written below to have a clear picture of these high-performance salt water chlorinators.
- Best Salt Water Chlorinators – Top List
- 10. Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 Salt Chlorine Generator Cell (520555)
- 9. Hayward Salt Chlorination System (AQ-TROL-RJ)
- 8. Circupool Salt Water Pool Chlorine Generator (SJ-40)
- 7. Circupool Salt Water Chlorination System for Swimming Pools (SJ-20)
- 6. Solaxx Chlorine Generator with Built In Timer (CLG10A)
- 5. Saltron Mini Drop-In Chlorine Generator
- 4. Pentair IntelliChlor Power Center (520556)
- 3. BLUE WORKS BLH30 Pool Chlorine Generator Chlorinator
- 2. Circupool Saltwater Chlorinator – Universal40
- 1. AutoPilot DN2 NANO 220V System Salt Chlorine Generator
Best Salt Water Chlorinators – Top List
10. Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 Salt Chlorine Generator Cell (520555)
This salt water chlorinator has lots of impressive features, and this is what puts it up there with the best models. The easy-to-view displays are some of these features. These displays allow you to quickly check the levels of salt, the cleanliness of the cell, the flow of the water, and the sanitizer output.
Another reason why we think this is one of the best salt water chlorinators is that it is very easy to adjust. Furthermore, this unit features a cell-use tracking feature that communicates the remaining hours of cell life in real-time. Plus it has an auto shutoff feature that protects it as well as prolonging the cell life in the event that it is exposed under low water temperature conditions.
- UL 1081 standard safety certified
- NSF approved
- Measures 7” L by 7” H by 17” W
9. Hayward Salt Chlorination System (AQ-TROL-RJ)
Hayward has been around for more than 8 decades. And during this time, it is focused on helping pool owners enjoy the pleasures that come with owning a pool. It manufactures advanced pool equipment that pool owners worldwide are more than pleased to use. One of these pieces of equipment is the Hayward Salt Chlorination System (AQ-TROL-RJ).
It is packed with lots of exciting features so it can perform as promised. For instance, it has a 24-hour timer that controls the filter pump. It also has a selectable super chlorinate function. Ideally, this salt water chlorinator is extremely easy to install with only 30 minutes needed to start and finish the process of installation.
- Designed for above-ground pools with up to 18,000 gal capacity
- Measures 19 by 15 by 9 inches and weighs 25 pounds
- Takes 30 minutes only to install
8. Circupool Salt Water Pool Chlorine Generator (SJ-40)
Nothing is as good as buying a product from a manufacturer that puts you first. Circupool puts pool owners first. Therefore, if all you want is maximum satisfaction, its product is exactly what you should go for. The SJ-40 is one of its products.
We like it because it is insanely easy to use plus it completely eliminates the need to handle, buy, or add chlorine or shock. It is an economical option that you will be glad to have considered. The saltwater chlorine generator works automatically with the existing pump on a daily basis to keep your pool water crystal clear.
- Assembled in the US
- Comes with a 5-year limited warranty
- Works with any pump and filter
- Warranty will not be voided if installed through DIY
- Monitors performance and salinity level
7. Circupool Salt Water Chlorination System for Swimming Pools (SJ-20)
Very few salt water chlorinators are as user-friendly and durable as the Circupool SJ-20. It is equipped with user-friendly controls not to mention using a low level of salinity. Well, these make it the ultimate unit for anyone who wants to have a beautiful swimming pool.
It not only makes swimming pools easy to care but also ensures that maintaining them is cost-effective. The salt water chlorination system will help you save up to 50-percent or more than if you use a traditional chlorination system. Furthermore, the Circupool SJ-20 works automatically with the existing pool pump on a daily basis to make sure your pool is always blue and clear.
- Circupool allows DIY installation
- Maximum chlorine output is 2.3 pounds per day
- Designed for pools up to 20,000 gallons
- Measures 20.5 by 20.5 by 11 inches
6. Solaxx Chlorine Generator with Built In Timer (CLG10A)
Harsh chemicals in the swimming pool are highly discouraged. Well, with the Solaxx CLG10A, you will be able to completely avoid using them. This means skin irritations, itchy red eyes, and faded bathing suits will be a thing of the past. The chlorine generator is simple to set up and provides instant results.
Additionally, it comes equipped with a switch-mode power supply that supplies smooth currents to the cell, thereby, ensuring a longer lifetime. The Solaxx CLG10A also features a programmable digital timer that adjusts the chlorination time. Since it is easy to set up, you will not need any plumbing.
- Designed for both in-ground and above-ground pools
- Works with pools up to 20,000 gallons
- LED indicator lights ensure easy salt level reference
- Titanium cell plates keep cells clean as well as preventing scaling
- Clear salt cell housing allows for easy inspection of the cell for scaling
5. Saltron Mini Drop-In Chlorine Generator
You can effortlessly convert a hot tub to a saltwater system when you have this chlorine generator by Saltron Mini. It works by producing a pure form of chlorine sanitizer through electrolysis of NaCl (natural salt). This process converts salt to chlorine and, by so doing, it kills bacteria. After that, chlorine recycles back to salt.
The chlorine generator also features a built-in timer/controller, which, in turn, has LED indicators. This makes it extremely easy to use. Ideally, this unit is extremely easy to install with no plumbing needed. It also consumes very low energy, meaning it is a very economical option.
- Designed for swim spas and hot tubs up to 20,000 gallons
- Covered by a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Cell holder for convenient storage during bathing
- Use with Nexa Dead Sea Mineral Salts
- Comes with a 6-foot power cord
4. Pentair IntelliChlor Power Center (520556)
Pentair is dedicated to making sure you are a happy buyer. That being said, we are glad to bring you this unit. It works with the intellichlor salt generator and connects with the pool circulation pump. Ideally, the Pentair 520556 works by converting AC electrical current to low voltage DC.
This unit also has an automatic shut-off function that not only protects it but also prolongs the cell life should it be exposed under low-water-temperature conditions. From the high ratings, it is evident that the Pentair 520556 model is a high-performance unit. It is loaded with lots of advanced features that make it deliver exceptional performance regularly.
- Dimensions are 6” L by 7” H by 12” W
- Designed to work with Pentair IntelliChlor pool and spa
- Weighs 11.95 pounds
- Has an automatic shut-off function
3. BLUE WORKS BLH30 Pool Chlorine Generator Chlorinator
BLUE WORKS know that you would love to enjoy your pool daily. That’s why they provide you with the BLH30. This unit works with the existing pump & filtration system to offer you a safe supply of chlorine so you can enjoy the pleasures of your pool. What’s great about this generator chlorinator is that it does not rely on harsh chemicals to get the job done.
And this means when you have it, you will rest easy knowing your eyes and skin will not be exposed to any harmful substances. This generator chlorinator is very easy to install and will help you save a lot of money when it comes to pool maintenance.
- Ideal level of salt is between 2500ppm and 4500ppm
- Self-cleans to ensure easy regular maintenance
- Low/high salt and temperature indicators help protect the chlorinator
2. Circupool Saltwater Chlorinator – Universal40
Having a beautiful pool, which is very easy to care for as well as cost-effective to maintain is now a breeze. All you need is the Circupool Universal40. It has user-friendly controls and digital sensors, meaning there is no learning curve when it comes to operating it.
Furthermore, the Circupool Universal40 is built with ultimate simplicity and convenience in mind. It automatically works with the existing pool pump, and it does that on a daily basis. Needless to say, this saltwater chlorinator will play a huge role in keeping your pool clear and blue. It is a thoughtfully designed model that anyone in for a natural, luxurious swimming experience should consider,
- Durable USA titanium salt cell
- Comes with industry’s best customer support
- Will help you save 50-percent or more over traditional chlorine
- View-through window eliminates the need to open the door
1. AutoPilot DN2 NANO 220V System Salt Chlorine Generator
A good salt chlorine generator should do an excellent job of keeping your pool clear and blue. Well, this salt chlorine generator by AutoPilot is designed to do just that. It is designed for pools up to 28,000 gallons.
That being said, it is perfect for many different types of pools. Like other models we have already reviewed, this salt chlorine generator has what it takes to help you have a natural and more luxurious swimming experience than ever before. AutoPilot has done its best to make sure it comes equipped with all the necessary features.
- Weighs 20.9 pounds and measures 18 by 14.5 by 13 inches
- Designed for pools up to 28,000 gallons
- Manufacturer provides reliable customer support to ensure maximum satisfaction
Using chemicals to treat and maintain your swimming pool is highly discouraged. This is because chemicals can be harmful to your skin and eyes. Besides, using chemicals is very expensive in the long run. The above salt water chlorinators are cost-effective plus they have been proven to work well when it comes to keeping the pool clean.