A good number of electronics are expensive, meaning damage to them, perhaps as a result of power surges, spikes or swells can really be devastating. Not to mention repairing an electronic device needs a professional repairman, and this can be very costly down the line. It is because of all these the best power strip surge protectors should not miss from your house. These units have features, such as advanced power filtration and integrated circuit breaker, which enable them to protect your devices from the unfortunate.
Different brands have a different number of outlets, with some featuring up to 12 outlets to let you protect all your devices. They also have admirable energy ratings, which mostly range from around 600 Joules to over 4,000 Joules. That being said, the best quality power strip surge protectors are excellent for protecting computers, laptops, kitchen equipment, TV, refrigerator, printer, and other everyday electronics. They can be used in the office or at home. To help you get a suitable one easily, we have done some research and compiled our findings in the next section of this article.
10. AmazonBasics 6-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip (2-Pack)
Voltage can sometimes fluctuate, spike or swell. And when this happens, sensitive electronics can be damaged. Well, that’s why you need to have these power strip surge protectors from AmazonBasics. They come in a pack of two and create a crucial layer of defense against damage and fires.
- Weight: 1.1 pounds
- Dimensions: 11.88 x 6.5 x 1.75 in.
- Cord Length: 2 ft.
- Number of outlets: 6
- Short power cord: Minimizes clutter and prevents a tripping hazard.
- Slim, sleek design: Enables the protectors to effortlessly glide into narrow spaces.
- Second light in the on/off switch: Illuminates to show that the protectors are on.
- Red “protected” LED indicator: It illuminates when these units are turned on, thereby, showing that they are protecting plugged-in devices.
9. Belkin 12-Outlet Power Strip Surge Protector w/8ft Cord (3,940 Joules)
This power strip surge protector will protect your home electronics, mobile devices, and appliances from power surges, swells, and spikes. It comes with a lifetime warranty to give you confidence knowing that the manufacturer stands behind it. Additionally, this power strip surge is loaded with lots of features to improve its performance.
- Cord length: 8ft. (2.4 meters)
- Energy rating: 3,940 Joules
- No. of surge-protected outlets: 12
- Damage-resistant housing: It makes the power strip surge protector incredibly durable and reliable.
- Space-saving design: Enables the protector to fit almost anywhere.
- Power filtration: It reduces noise to ensure quiet operation.
- Six BlockSpace outlets: They accommodate oversized power adapters without blocking other outlets.
8. AmazonBasics 6-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip
AmazonBasics know that you need to protect your everyday devices from electrical damages. That’s why they have come up with this 6-outlet surge protector power strip. The power strip surge protector is affordable yet it works really well to ensure 100-percent satisfaction. What’s more, it is available in two colors, which are Black and White.
- Weight: 1 pound
- Colors: Black and White
- Dimensions: 11.5 x 1.7 x 1.1 inches
- Number of outlets: 6
- 6-foot power cord: It provides extended range without creating unnecessary clutter
- Built-in power switch: Makes this power strip surge protector easy to turn on and off.
- Six outlets: They provide convenience and protection to as many home electronics as possible.
7. KMC 6-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip (2 Pack)
This power strip surge protector is safe to use plus it is of wonderful quality. Well, we know all these because the surge protector power strip is ETL listed. Besides, it is backed by a 24-month warranty that protects it against defects in workmanship and materials.
- Product Certification: UL
- Rated Voltage: 125V ~ 60Hz
- Max Current: 15A/1875W
- Energy Rating: 900J
- Intelligent circuitry: It has built-in voltage sensing, and it detects as well as responding to the power needs of your electronic devices.
- Safety features: They keep your devices protected.
- 4ft. long 14 AWG power cord: It is heavy duty for superior durability and has a reasonable length for convenience and safety.
6. HOLSEM 12 Outlets Surge Protector Power Strip
Your smartphone, expensive computer or any other electronic device should not be damaged by power surges, spikes or swells. But how do you effectively prevent that from happening? Well, simply grab the HOLSEM 12 Outlets Surge Protector Power Strip. It has all the features you could ever think of. As such, we are certain that you will like it.
- Warranty: Yes
- Certification: FCC
- Cord length: 6ft.
- Energy rating: 4000 joules
- 6ft. heavy-duty cord: It is UL listed and perfect for offices and homes.
- Flame-retardant material: It is able to withstand temperature up to 750 degrees Celsius (1,380 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Four keyhole mounting slots on the back: Allow you to effortlessly mount the power strip surge protector to the wall horizontally.
5. HITRENDS Surge Protector Power Strip
The HITRENDS Power Strip Surge Protector has made it to these reviews because it is a 12-in-1 unit that will make your work of protecting the electronics at home or in the office a breeze. The power strip surge protector has 6 outlets and 6 USB charging ports. This means, in total, it will let you charge up to 12 devices simultaneously.
- Colors: White and Black
- AC output rating: 13A, 125V, 1625W
- Sockets: 6 USB ports and 6 US standard AC outlets
- Fire-resistant PC shell: Enables the power strip surge protector to withstand fires and offer reliable protection.
- Built-in surge protector module: Advanced enough to protect your devices not just from power surges but also from thunder.
- Smart USB ports: They detect devices automatically and deliver the fastest speed up to 2.4A.
4. BESTEK Quick Charge 3.0 Power Strip Surge Protector
BESTEK provides you with the best brand of power strip surge protector to help you protect your devices against lightning and other power surges. The unit is great for keeping computers, laptops, refrigerators, home theater, and printer safe.
- Number of sockets: 8
- Weight: 1.6 pounds
- Dimensions: 10 x 3.8 x 1.4 in.
- Quick Charge 3.0 port: It charges electronic devices up to 4X faster compared to conventional charging.
- 0~2.4A USB ports: They match the most suitable charging current for your electronic device.
- Integrated circuit breaker: It is for overload protection of all outlets.
- Right-angle plug: Keeps the unit’s cord close to the wall.
3. Belkin 12-Outlet Power Strip Surge Protector w/8ft Cord (4,320 Joules)
Belkin is here again with another great product. It has designed this unit with versatility and convenience in mind so it can protect your computers, home theater, and office equipment from potential damage by power surges. Furthermore, it offers a warranty to protect the surge protector from any defects.
- Energy rating: 4320 Joules
- AC rating: 15A, 125V, 1875W
- Maximum spike voltage: 6000V
- No. of outlets: 12
- Cord-management clip: It helps keep cables organized.
- Rotating outlet design: Allows extra room for large AC adapter blocks.
- 8-foot cord: It is long enough to let you use the power strip surge protector almost anywhere you want.
2. Belkin Power Strip Surge Protector (6-Outlet) w/Flat Rotating Plug
This power strip surge protector may not have a high energy rating like the other power strip surge protectors from Belkin. However, it still does a great job of protecting everyday appliances from power surges, spikes, and swells. That being said, having it will give you peace of mind knowing that your electronics are safe all the time.
- Warranty: Yes
- No. of outlets: 6
- Energy rating: 600 Joules
- 600-Joule energy rating: Enables the power strip surge protector to offer reliable protection against lightning, surges, strikes, and AC contamination.
- 360-degree rotating plug: Makes it easier to position the surge protector in a tight space.
- Slender, low-profile design: Makes the unit great for office, homes or anywhere space is invaluable.
1. Belkin 12-Outlet USB Power Strip Surge Protector w/Flat Plug
Last but not least, there is the Belkin 12-Outlet USB Power Strip Surge Protector w/Flat Plug. It has all the features to keep your equipment safe, just like other power strip surge protectors we have already reviewed. It safeguards several electronics, including smartphones, tablets, computers, laptops, home theater equipment, kitchen appliances, and office equipment, among others.
- Energy rating: 3,996 Joules
- Length of cord: 6ft/8m
- No. of USB ports: 2
- 6 Blockspace outlets: Enable the power strip surge protector to handle even oversized printer and charger plugs.
- Convenient USB ports: Will let you charge your mobile devices while surfing, working or checking email.
- Advanced power filtration: Maintains data integrity as well as optimal system performance.
You never know when a power surge, swell or spike is going to occur. That’s why it is important to protect your electronic devices with one of the above power strip surge protectors. They are equipped with great features that make them very reliable when it comes to providing maximum protection.