Unlike most snack foods around, popcorn is very healthy. It is packed with crucial nutrients that enable it to provide you with various health benefits. The many nutrients that popcorn has are due to the fact that it is whole grain. This means popcorn consumption can strongly be linked to such health benefits as reduced inflammation and a decreased risk of heart disease. The nutrients air-popped popcorn will provide you when you consume it are vitamin B1, vitamin B3, vitamin B6, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, zinc, copper, manganese, and more.
However, it is not a sure thing that popcorn will provide you with the above-mentioned nutrients. This is because such factors as the mode of cooking and the quantity of ingredients determine the nutrients popcorn will deliver. While a cooking mode that will give you popcorn rich in nutrients is easy to settle on, the same cannot be said about the quantity of ingredients, given that they fluctuate depending on the amount of the popcorn to be cooked. Well, this is where the best popcorn kernels come in handy. Most of them come with the right quantity of ingredients to ensure maximum enjoyment and nutrition. Keep on reading to know which ones are worth spending on.
10. 4110 Great Northern Popcorn 8 Ounce Popcorn Portion Packs, Case of 24
The Great Northern Popcorn Company is known for providing its customers with great-tasting popcorn kernels. Well, the company’s 8-ounce popcorn packs contain popcorn kernels that make fresh, hot, and tasty popcorn, which you can enjoy when watching a movie or at a party, social event, office or home. These popcorn kernels are of premium quality and they do not contain diacetyl. What’s more, they have the company’s buttery flavored, low-melt oil, which enables them to produce much tastier popcorn.
- Popcorn kernels have the right amount of salt and butter flavor
- No cholesterol or Trans fat
- Popcorn kernels produce super delicious snack
- The oil is solid, but that’s due to temperature
9. Orville Redenbacher’s Gourmet Popcorn Kernel, 8lb
These popcorn kernels are absolutely safe for consumption. They are gluten-free as well as non-GMO verified. Furthermore, they come in an 8-pound container, meaning you will have an endless supply of popcorn whether you are watching a movie or simply want to have a healthy yet delicious snack in the office. Since they are premium, expect these popcorn kernels to provide you with delicious popcorn that is tender inside and crispy outside. The container that has these popping corn kernels come in 3 sizes; 5.75 pounds, 8 pounds, and, of course, 16 pounds.
- Popcorn kernels pop beautifully
- They make a great study snack
- The container is available in a variety of sizes
- Because the mouth of the container is big, some kernels are likely to go everywhere.
8. 4100 Great Northern Popcorn 4 Ounce Popcorn Portion Packs, Case of 24
The Great Northern Popcorn guarantees you great-tasting popcorn when you buy these popcorn portion packs. The manufacturer understands that quality is the key to great taste. For this reason, it has focused on making sure that popcorn kernels in these packs are of premium quality. It is their high-grade value that makes them sold in popular places such as Major League Baseball Stadiums, Vendors, Movie Theaters, and more.
- They have everything for great results
- Popcorn tastes great – like those in the movies
- The packs come with instructions for convenience
- One box contains 24 packs for endless enjoyment
- Each kernel has a petal that is a bit chewy
7. 4105 CASE OF 24: Great Northern 6 Ounce Popcorn Portion Packs
At 6 ounces per pack, this package of Great Northern Popcorn Kernels is great for those who find the 4-ounce popcorn kernels of The Great Northern Company too little to sustain them over a period of time. Like the other popcorn kernels from the Great Northern Company, these ones taste delicious. Therefore, we are certain that you will love them, more so, when it comes to late-night movie-watching or when you are studying and need some popcorn to help make the moment even better.
- Each pack comes with everything for making popcorn
- The flavor of the oil is great
- Does not need butter or seasoning
- Some people find the popcorn too salty but remember you can cut the salt (the yellow stuff) in half to reduce salt content.
6. Bob’s Red Mill 27 Oz Whole White Popcorn (4 Pack)
Bob’s Red Mill was founded by Bob Moore in 1978, and this means it has been around long enough to know exactly the popcorn kernels that give popcorn connoisseurs the best popcorn ever. Their popcorn kernels are 100-percent whole grain. Plus they do not contain preservatives. Also, these kernels are perfect for those who do not like salted kernels. Given the ingredients these kernels have, expect them to be an excellent source of fiber.
- Popcorn kernels produce delicious popcorn
- They are non-GMO for peace of mind
- They pop well with fewer kernels remaining unpopped
- Perfect for those who like white popcorn
- Kernels are kind of small, but they meet expectations
5. Orville Redenbacher’s Gourmet Popcorn Kernels, 5lb, 12 oz
If you think that Orville Redenbacher’s is simply a name, you are wrong. It is a promise of authenticity and quality. That’s why we feel that you should consider these popcorn kernels. The manufacturer has been using family farms to grow kernels since 1952. Besides, they include butter in their popcorn kernels to make sure their customers have the tastiest popcorn ever. The popcorn kernels are available in a variety of flavors, including Movie Theater Butter, Simply Salted, and Kettle Corn.
- Popcorn kernels pop quickly and nicely
- They are available in different flavors
- The price is reasonable and shipping fast
- Popcorn kernels do not seem to pop without oil
4. 4204 Great Northern Organic Yellow Popcorn, 5 Pounds
What’s so great about these popcorn kernels is that they come in a moisture-proof bag to ensure maximum freshness. Another great thing is that they are made by The Great Northern Company. This means they are among the fluffiest and most tender popcorn kernels you have ever come across. They are 100-percent pure, safe, and natural, considering that their corns are grown naturally. They are also healthy because they are low in calories and high in fiber.
- Almost all the popcorn kernels pop
- The price is reasonable
- They are fresh and have an enjoyable flavor
- Have the perfect combination of tender and crisp
- Weevils seem to like it a lot; hence, proper storage must be observed.
3. Franklin’s Gourmet Organic Popping Corn
Franklin’s Gourmet Organic Popping Corn Kernels come in a variety of sizes. And they include a 2-ounce, which has a pack of 10, 2-ounce with a pack of 24, 4-ounce with a pack of 24, 4-ounce with a pack of 10, 6-ounce with a pack of 10, 6-ounce with a pack of 24, 8-ounce with a pack of 10, and 8-ounce with a pack of 24. These several sizes mean you will find a suitable pack that’s within your budget and meets your needs.
- The customer service is great
- The corn is organic
- The popping oils have very few ingredients
- The salt seasoning is in a separate compartment
- Some buyers find the whole thing too salty
2. JOLLY TIME White Popcorn Kernels
JOLLY TIME was founded in 1914, and it is a 4th generation family-owned business. They make both white and yellow popcorn to ensure that everyone enjoys what they like. Ideally, JOLLY TIME provide their customers with 12 polybags, with each of them having 2lbs. of white butterfly unpopped popcorn kernels. This means you will have a huge supply of popcorn kernels. The kernels are 100-percent whole grain, non-GMO, gluten-free, and high in fiber. They promote good nutrition, given that they are 20 calories per cup popped and contain up to 4 grams of protein.
- The bags are resealable for convenience
- Almost all kernels pop
- They produce fresh and crispy popcorn
- Kernels are small, but this is nothing compared to delicious popcorn they produce
1. Orville Redenbacher’s White Popcorn Kernels, 30 Ounce, Pack of 6
Orville Redenbacher’s did something amazing in 1952. And that is hand-selecting a small group of farmers to grow their exclusive kernels. Up to date, the family farmers still grow their special kernels. What’s more, the kernels have butter-flavored popcorn oil to let you make popcorn with your stovetop popcorn popper or hot air popper. The kernels are non-GMO and pop to produce gluten-free snack for work or school. They come in a pack of 6 to make sure you run short of popcorn – at least for some time.
- Kernels come in a nice container
- Kernels pop well, leaving behind very few unpopped ones
- Available in 5 different flavors
- Could have more butter flavor
There are a lot of things you should consider before buying a pack of popcorn kernels. First is whether the kernels are healthy. And healthy kernels are those that are non-GMO, whole grain, and gluten-free. Second, choose popcorn kernels that pop quickly and well. Lastly, make sure the kernels produce delicious popcorn.