Nightstands can get a little crowded. We’ve got books, plates of snacks and glasses of our favorite beverage, all within reach as we get ready to nod off, so not much room left over for a lamp. The solution? Place a handsome pair of wall sconces above your headboard, one on each side, and we’ve got a nice selection of some of the best outdoor wall mounted lights on the market today. Wall sconces are lighting fixtures which have been a part of our interior and exterior decor for centuries. The earliest wall sconces were powered by torch light or candle light. Later, saw the development of gas and oil powered sconces.
Today, wall sconces are still very much in demand. We are still in great need of fashionable indoor and outdoor lighting solutions to illuminate our dark pathways, corridors, entry ways, porches, as well as interior living spaces, so we’ve adapted these traditional designs to match our current lifestyle. We have outdoor wall sconces which can weather the elements, and indoor wall sconces, which are placed in our dens, kitchens, bedrooms and baths.
- 10. Design House 519504 Mason 1 Light Wall Light
- 9. JACKYLED Black Hardwire Industrial Vintage Wall Lamp – 2
- 8. Rosslyn Set of 2 Bronze Plug-In Swing Arm Wall Lamps
- 7. Kenroy Home 30130PB Nathaniel Wall Swing Arm Lamp
- 6. Kira Home Cambridge 13″ Swing Arm Wall Lamp
- 5. Kenroy Home Swing Arm Wall Lamp
- 4. B2ocled Retro Industrial Black Pendant Light
- 3. LNC Black Gooseneck Sconces
- 2. Kira Home Welton Mid-Century Industrial 2-Light Wall Sconce
- 1. CLAXY Ecopower Wall Sconce
10. Design House 519504 Mason 1 Light Wall Light
Add the touch of minimalist elegance to your home, with the Design House, Mason 1 Light, Wall Light. This wall light is made to last, manufactured from steel and sporting an oi, rubbed bronzed finish. This is the perfect solution to light those darkened walkways, or help to illuminate front or back porches. In fact, a pair of these would look really nice on either side of your garage door. This item measures 8.375 x 11 inches and weighs in at a light 1.36 pounds. Simply insert a 60 watt, incandescent outdoor bulb, and you’re good to go. And of course, there’s nothing stopping you from adding these to your interior, if you choose. This wall light is Dark Sky and UL approved.
- Lights up dark, outdoor areas
- Manufactured from steel
- Can handle the elements
- Dark Sky approved
9. JACKYLED Black Hardwire Industrial Vintage Wall Lamp – 2
The JackyLED Black Hardwire Industrial Vintage Wall Lamp gives you that extra bit of control with a head you can adjust up to 240 degrees, so you get the light you want, where you want it. Durable, the JackyLED is constructed from corrosion resistant iron/brass metal blend, and the attractive finish is baked on, so no unsightly paint chipping. The design is basically universal, so it’s perfectly acceptable to use in just about any room in your home, office or commercial business. Place these lights over your headboard, in dark walk-in closets, bathrooms, kitchens, you name it, they’ll do you right.
- Head is adjustable up to 240 degrees
- Attractive Industrial vintage design
- Corrosion resistant metal construction
- Can be used indoors or out
8. Rosslyn Set of 2 Bronze Plug-In Swing Arm Wall Lamps
This pair of swing arm wall lamps are the perfect addition to your home. Charming in appearance, with a high quality build, the Rosslyn Swing Arm Wall Lamps will enhance and illuminate your hallways, bathrooms, in your craft room, any area which needs a touch of attractive, French country style lighting. Each of these lamps uses a max watt 60 watt bulb, and the swing arm lets you aim the light where you need it most. This is for indoor use only. Installation is simple, no wiring is necessary. These lightweight lamps are made from resin, so just attach to the wall, and plug the lights into a regular wall outlet.
- No wiring, just place your light and plug into a wall outlet
- Beautiful bronze finish, lightweight resin construction
- Swing arm lets you aim your light wherever you need it
- Plugs into a wall outlet, no install necessary
7. Kenroy Home 30130PB Nathaniel Wall Swing Arm Lamp
Direct your light anywhere you need it with the Kenroy Home, 16 inch Nathaniel Wall Swing Arm Lamp. This lighting fixture can be hardwired, or use a plug and outlet, and comes with all hardware necessary for a quick and easy installation. With a maximum bulb wattage of 150, you are guaranteed to obtain the perfect illumination for your needs. The finish is that of polished brass, the bell-shaped shade is 12 inches in diameter, and made of quality, off-white fabric. For indoor use only.
- Hardwire or plug into wall outlet
- Comes with all mounting hardware
- Has a nice, maximum bulb wattage capacity of 150 watts
6. Kira Home Cambridge 13″ Swing Arm Wall Lamp
The Kira Home, Cambridge 13 inch Swing Arm Wall lamp, gives you the convenience of hardwiring it to the wall, or plug into an outlet. With the maximum bulb capacity at 150 watts, you’re sure to get the among of light you need for any interior space. It comes in classic, satin nickel finish, so place this pair above your headboard, in your bathroom, or line your hallway. Your purchase includes 4, 12 inch cord covers should you elect to plug it into your wall outlet. The swing arm features lets you direct the light wherever you require it, and the fabric shade aides in dispersing the light equally. This model is compatible with 3-way bulbs, as well as smart plug compatible.
- Hardwire or plug into wall outlet
- Maximum bulb capacity of 150 watts
- Swing arm lets you direct your light
- Compatible with 3-way bulbs
5. Kenroy Home Swing Arm Wall Lamp
This Kenroy Home Swing Arm Wall Lamp will brighten your home, while adding style and flair to your surroundings. You can either choose to hardwire this model to the wall, or simply use the cord and plug it into your wall outlet. What’s nice about this wall lamp, is that it swings out and can extend, giving you a full 25 inch reach, with 180 degrees of rotation due to two, strategically placed rotation points. This is a great lamp for your sewing/craft areas, as well as bathroom, kitchen and bedrooms. For an added benefit, it comes with a 3-way switch for low, medium or high illumination via LED or CFL bulbs.
- Uses both LED or CFL bulbs
- Has a 3-way switch
- An extensive, 25 inch reach, and rotates 180 degrees
- Can be hardwired, or use the wall outlet
4. B2ocled Retro Industrial Black Pendant Light
Fans of industrial style light fixtures may find this Retro Industrial Black Pendant Light by 82ocled, rather fetching. This small pendant light is manufactured from iron and aluminum, and measures 10.63 inches in diameter will fit most living room, entrance way, bedroom, or den decors. Designed to blend into your into your interior, this lamp may also give a smart look to a commercial restaurant, bar, beauty salon or any other suitable commercial property. This hardwired model is both UL and ETL listed, comes with a cord which adjusts up to 39.4 inches, is easy to install and comes with all the hardware you’ll need to mount it successfully.
- Durable, corrosion resistant iron/aluminum construction
- Retro, industrial design suits both residential and commercial properties
- Comes with all the hardware necessary to mount
- Cord adjusts up to 39.4 inches
3. LNC Black Gooseneck Sconces
With its all metal, steel construction, gooseneck steal arm design and black metal finish, you’re sure to add a vintage, industrial feel to your interior decor. Made for indoor use only, this hardwire lighting fixture comes with all the mounting hardware you’ll need for a quick and easy install. The steel shade is 10 inches in diameter, and has a maximum wattage capacity of 60 watts. With its industrial design and feel, it’s not only perfect for the home, but would look equally nice in commercial properties, such as restaurants, bars, beauty salons, and some office environments.
- Comes complete with mounting hardware
- Maximum bulb wattage capacity of 60 watts
- Design is perfect for both home and commercial properties
2. Kira Home Welton Mid-Century Industrial 2-Light Wall Sconce
The Welton Industrial Wall Sconce is a bit different from our other offerings. This wall sconce features 2 lights per fixture. This model comes in a rich, deep Brushed Dark Industrial Bronze Finish, with a hand painted trim. These wall sconces feature an industrial design, and are perfect for over your headboard, in your bathroom, kitchen or especially over your fireplace mantle. The maximum wattage capacity for each UL approved light is 60 watts, and for indoor use only.
- 2 lights per wall sconce
- Gorgeous, bronze finish
- Industrial design is perfect for home or business environments
- Maximum wattage capacity for each light is 60 watts
Check also: Best 20 Gallon Air Compressor
1. CLAXY Ecopower Wall Sconce
At the top of our list, in the number one position is the CLAXY Ecopower Wall Sconce. The minimalist design features clean lines, with a blend of metal and glass construction. Let this wall sconce put a touch of industrial flair into your home or business. This model allows you to either plug it into a wall outlet, or hardwire it. Either way, you’re getting a stunning piece of art for your home. This ETL certified model has funnel shades crafted from clear glass, uses incandescent, LED or CFL bulbs and has a maximum wattage capacity of 60 watts. Install this sconce either up or down, depending on your taste. The overall finish is a rich, oil rubbed bronze.
- Classic, minimalist design
- Crafted from quality metal, with glass funnel shades
- Hardwire or plug into wall outlet
- Maximum wattage capacity of 60 watts
In our review of the best outdoor wall mounted light in 2022 we’ve gone over some solid designs, functional yet stylish. Some things to remember when you purchase wall lighting or sconces are as follows. Please realize that not all of these models can be used outside. If you want to use a wall mounted lighting outside, it must be certified for outdoor use, especially labeled for use in wet environments. Next, realize that some designs allow you to install them up or down, depending on your taste. Some people like their light shining downward, while others look prefer the light to spray upwards, toward the ceiling. Finally, consider the wall mounted lights that have the ability to rotate or have swing arms. These models allow you to aim your light in any direction you see fit.