If you love going to the cinemas to watch clear and bigger images of your favorite movies, purchasing the best mini projectors under 100 is one of the wisest things you can do. Although small, these projectors have the same quality and performance as costlier counterparts.
In fact, they are engineered with extensive connectivity in mind to give you optimum versatility. Most of these projectors are compact and lightweight, making them easy to set up and to operate.
Not to mention that they support video game consoles to allow you to enjoy playing your favorite video games in a larger display. To help you find the right mini projector, we have compiled the following top 10 best reviews in 2019. Have a look.
1. DR. J Professional Mini Projector HI-04
Have a great time of indoor or outdoor movies in the dark with the DR. J Professional Mini Projector HI-04. It features 840 x 480 highest native resolutions to give you a clear view, unlike most projectors on the market. This unit supports a watching size of 32”-176” with projector distance of 1.5m-5m. As such, it is suitable for home theatre, video games, and movies. This projector is compatible with blue ray DVD player, ChromeBook, TV box, USB flash drive, laptops, PCs, SD cards, and media players to give you maximum versatility. What’s more, it is equipped with a built-in stereo sound speaker that lets you enjoy the pleasurable sounds in different scenes.
- It has a portable design to allow you to use it wherever you want
- It can easily be mounted on the ceiling if need be
- The projector supports various large displays to meet various needs
- Does not support excel, word, PPT or business presentation
2. DBPOWER Mini Projector
With 50,000 hours of lamp life, the DBPOWER Mini Projector brings you 70% brighter and 50% sharper images than other comparable mini projectors. It has a high resolution of 1080p to allow you to enjoy your favorite movies on a screen size between 32 to 176 inches with a projector distance of 1.5 to 5m. The project is designed with an advanced fan cooling technology to be lower in noise, unlike most brands. Its bulb has an improved design that is highly energy-efficient to use up less energy. This projector supports connection with laptops, smartphones, USB drives, tablets, and DVD players to give you greater versatility to what you can display. Plus, it can be placed at an optimum distance of 1.8 to 2.0m for super-clear and brighter projection.
- Comes in white and black to choose from
- It has high-quality craftsmanship for longer-lasting durability
- The projector is well-suited for parties, football nights, and movies with friends
- It is not recommended for business presentations
3. Deeplee Mini Mobile Projector
Equipped with a built-in 1300mAh Rechargeable Battery, the Deeplee Mini Mobile Projector can go for 90 minutes straight on a single charge. This projector is compact and supports a portable 5V/2A power bank so you can take it with you to places. It uses a new generation of Bridgelux LED light source with power consumption of 10W to 24W for energy-saving operation. Thus, it is a good assistant for children cartoon watching and artwork projection. Although small in size, this project supports an image size of 24 to 60 inches with a projection distance of 1.3m. Besides, the projection distances can be adjusted up to 2m for you to achieve the best projection of 40 to55 inches for better user experience.
- It is lightweight for easy portability
- The projector is ideal for home theatre movies and video games
- It comes in various options for you to choose from
- The resolution aspect is not good enough
4. Meyoung Mini Projector
Watch movies and football matches with super rich colors in the dark with the Meyoung Mini Projector. It supports HDMI-enabled devices, such as blue ray DVD player, PCs, tablets, laptops, smartphones, and media players. The projector is equipped with a built-in amplifier sound speaker for maximum entertainment. It has brushed texture, sparkling ribbed road, and focusing wheel to deliver more precise focus. This model boasts an impressive 30,000 lamp life to ensure it can last at least 10 years if you watch a 2-hour movie on a daily basis. Better yet, it supports the most popular video formats of English, Chinese, Japanese, German, and 23 other languages.
- The projector is easy to set up and to use
- It makes a perfect festival gift for friends or family
- The quality is splendid and durable for the price
- Delivers a better view in the dark
- There may be overheating if it is used continuously for more than 4 hours
5. ELEPHAS LED Movie Projector
Featuring a projection distance of 4.95-13.12ft, the ELEPHAS LED Movie Projector allows you to adjust the picture size between 50 inches and 130 inches. It is designed with strong connection capabilities to enable you to view images from fire TV stick, laptop, DVD player, and PC via HDMI input. The projector comes in a compact and lightweight design to enable you to take it anywhere with you. Hence, it is suitable for indoor and outdoor movies or video games with friends or family. This model has adopted the latest smart eco lamp care technology that saves up to 70% energy for long-lasting lamp life.
- This projector sets up easily and quickly
- Provides a better visual experience in a dark environment
- There is a screw hole at the bottom to allow you to mount the projector on the wall or ceiling
- May not display clear images in well-lit areas
6. iDGLAX Mini Portable Projector iDG-787W
For a great experience of home theatre movie nights, the iDGLAX Mini Portable Projector iDG-787W is exactly what you need. It is meant for the big projection screen of 30 to 100 inches at a distance of about 6-9ft to give you the best watching experience. This projector works with a game console of PS2, PS3, and Xbox to allow you to play video games. It can be connected to an Android smartphone, tablet, or iPhone for maximum versatility. This model features a lightweight and portable design that makes it easy to travel with. Also, it is affordably priced, making it easy to acquire by almost everyone.
- Makes a great gift idea for children and adults alike
- It is easy to set up and to use
- The projector comes with a remote control for added convenience
- It has adjustable brightness, contrast, and sharpness for you to customize
- The fan is a little loud, however, when you begin watching you won’t even notice it
7. DR. J Professional Mini Projector L8
The DR. J Professional Mini Projector L8 boasts updated brightness and sharpness to enable you to enjoy clear big screen movies and video games at the comfort of your home. It comes with an HDMI input to allow you to connect to the latest generation of video game consoles, fire TV stick, Laptops, TVs, PCs, and DVDs among others. To ensure you can watch for long hours without feeling fatigue, this projector has healthy diffuse technology that does not use the direct light source. There is a built-in stereo speaker sound to give you high-quality sounds like the one in cinemas. Further, this projector is equipped with a headphone jack port to allow you to connect to an external speaker for a better experience.
- It has a dual fan cooling system to avoid overheating
- This model can be mounted to the ceiling with much ease
- It makes the best choice for indoor and outdoor entertainment
- The fan is a bit loud but not disturbing when you have other sounds going on
8. RAGU Mini Projector Z400
Engineered with the latest innovative cooling system and noise suppression technology, the RAGU Mini Projector Z400 is extremely quiet. It has an upgraded system that makes it 85% brighter than other similar projectors on the market. Hence, you can rely on it to provide crystal clear images, enabling you to have high-quality visual enjoyment. This projector has 28 to 180 projection display size at a distance of 5 to 16ft. It has the latest LED technology to provide a long-lasting lifetime of 50,000 hours. Also, the device comes in two colors; black and white for you to pick from based on your taste and preferences.
- Delivers ultra-excellent image quality from corner to corner
- It is very quiet and can go for several hours without overheating
- The projector supports a ton of options and inputs
- The projector cannot support Dolby vision
9. APEMAN Mini Projector
With its compact design, the APEMAN Mini Projector is very easy to set up and to use. It is designed with several ports including VGA, USB, HDMI, SD card, and AV interfaces. As a result, it supports a wide range of connection with many devices such as laptops, TV box, TV stick, PC, PS3, and PS4. This projector supports screen size of 34-180 inches to give you the best entertainment for your family gatherings and video game playing at home. It is equipped with built-in speakers to deliver excellent sound quality without even connecting to external speakers. Also, there is a powerful cooling system that cools the heat of the lamp to the bulb life to 45,000 hours.
- LCD display technology with LED protects your eyes from strain
- It is compatible with an external tripod to meet your diverse needs
- Adjustable foot pad allows for optimum versatility
- Only displays clear images in the dark
10. APEMAN Mini Projector
Weighing in at 0.44lbs, the APEMAN Mini Projector is super-light for ease of use and portability. It is engineered with the latest cooling technology to deliver quiet operation and to prevent overheating. There is a built-in stereo dual speaker to give you the best audio-visual entertainment. This project is designed for extensive connectivity to allow you to connect it to smartphones, DVD player, and tablet among others via an HDMI port. It has a long lens lifetime so it can last you up to 45,000 hours. Moreover, this projector boasts an advanced DLP technology to provide images that are 70% brighter and 50% shaper for an incomparable viewing experience.
- It is ideal for home cinema, parties, and camping dark environments
- Delivers low fan noise viewing
- It comes ready to use straight out of the box
- May come with manufacturers flaws, otherwise great projector
Buyers Guide for the Best Mini Projectors Under 100
The following are some of the factors we considered when coming up with these reviews, and we believe they can help you narrow down your choices. Take a look.
Most mini projectors are considerably small in size; but still, the size varies from one to another. For the best unit, consider a mini projector that takes up little space for easy storage when not in use. Also, it should be lightweight and compact to allow you to take it with you whenever you are traveling for unlimited entertainment.
You are buying a mini projector because you want a better entertainment experience. There is no guarantee of better entertainment without proper sound quality. To ensure the projector you buy has the best sound quality, consider one with a dual stereo speaker system. They produce loud and clear sound without the need to connect to external speakers.
Mini projectors are designed with various resolutions and image quality. To get the most out of the device you buy, make sure it displays clear and sharp images from corner to corner. In this case, a mini projector with high image clarity that also protects the eye when you watch for long hours is most preferred.
Home theatre entertainment wasn’t enjoyable enough until the introduction of mini projectors. The best thing is that they are affordable for almost everyone to acquire. As if that’s not enough, you can connect them to your smartphone, laptop, DVD player, or even TV depending on your needs. So, why don’t you read through our reviews for the best mini projector that will take your home entertainment to a whole new level?