Internet access has become a necessity no matter where you are. When traveling, however, it can be a challenge to stay online throughout that is why you need to invest in the best international Wi-Fi hotspot. These devices are designed to provide connectivity in multiple countries so you can have uninterrupted internet access wherever you go.
The Wi-Fi hotspots come in compact and lightweight packages so they can easily fit in your pocket or backpack for easy portability. And above all, they operate on long-life batteries to ensure you can stay online for several hours before you can recharge. Without further ado, take a look at the following top 10 best reviews in 2019 in order to discover the best unit for your international travel.
1. GlocalMe G3 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot
Powered by innovative Cloud SIM Technology, the GlocalMe G3 Mobile Hotspot allows you to access the internet in 100+ countries and regions without roaming data. It uses the most secure protocol to keep your Wi-Fi connection safe.
This device is equipped with Glocalme App to enable you to manage the data usage smartly and effectively. Also, you can purchase data, track detailed interaction with the data and connect to a personal network. On purchase, this Wi-Fi hotspot comes with 1GB initial data worth $36 to get you started on international browsing. It runs on a Built-in 5350mAh battery that can last for 15 hours with continuous use. Besides, you can use this device as a power bank because it can fully charge a standard cell phone over 3 times.
- This Wi-Fi hotspot has a high-speed network
- It comes in different packages to meet various needs and budgets
- This unit uses a user-friendly app
- The power button is not the best design
2. Netgear Unite Mobile WiFi Hotspot 4G LTE
Crafted with a 2500mAh battery, the Netgear Unite Mobile WiFi Hotspot 4G LTE can operate for 18 hours continuously on a complete charge. It can be connected to up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices to enjoy utmost browsing experience.
This device uses 4G LITE internet speed to ensure faster internet access. It comes with an easy-to-read display that lets you view device status at a glance. With no software to be installed, this Wi-Fi hotspot takes less than a minute to set up. Also, it is very simple to operate as it comes with step-by-step on-screen directions to get you started on use.
- This device is very easy to set up and to operate
- Its battery is durable and lasts several hours
- The Wi-Fi hotspot seems solid to last several uses
- The interface shows you battery and data status
- The cover for SIM is a little difficult to open, otherwise, the device works great
3. Netgear Unite Pro Mobile WiFi Hotspot
With 4G LTE band network frequency, the Netgear Unite Pro Mobile WiFi Hotspot gives you the ability to roam in many foreign countries including Europe and much of Asia. It operates on a CADEX tested battery with 4020mAh to offer 16 solid hours of usage time. Also, the battery has a standby time of up to 240 hours before you can recharge.
This device comes in a compact design that makes it highly portable for you to take everywhere. It is easy to use as everything you need is displayed on a large LCD display. Moreover, it has a rugged construction so it can withstand the rigors of everyday use.
- The device works well for business travel when folks are traveling together
- It is well-made to deliver dependable performance
- This device is easy to load and the battery life lasts long enough
- May come with shipping defects but this is replaceable
4. ZTE Velocity Mobile WiFi Hotspot 4G LTE
Being GSM unlocked, the ZTE Velocity Mobile WiFi Hotspot 4G LTE can work on any GSM network with a micro size SIM card. It supports multiple network frequencies so it can roam on LTE in many foreign countries including all of Europe and much of Asia.
This hotspot device uses a 2800mAh battery that can last 10 good hours on a complete charge. Plus it has a standby time of up to 240 hours before you can need to recharge the battery. This model uses 4G LITE network speed to enable you to stream at high speeds every time. Moreover, it comes in two different options for you to choose from based on your budget and requirements.
- This device has the ability to connect up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices at the same time
- It comes with a charge and manual for utmost convenience
- The device features an easy-to-use touchscreen
- This unit will not work on Verizon or SPRINT
5. Netgear Unite Explore 4G LTE WiFi Hotspot
Featuring a rugged design, the Netgear Unite Explore 4G LTE WiFi Hotspot can brave the outdoors and bumps of everyday life. It works on a removable 4300mAh battery that can last 22 hours of continuous streaming.
This unit is chargeable via a USB 3.0 port to give you optimum charging versatility. It is rated IP65 waterproof to help protect against light splashes of water and dust. This Wi-Fi hotspot allows connectivity of up to 15 devices so you can get the best value for your money. It works in most places including Europe and most of Asia to provide uninterrupted internet connectivity when traveling.
- This unit works with any data SIM card worldwide
- It works for traveling, daily use, and even for business use
- The auto switches from 2.4G to 5.8G is great
- It does not come with a SIM card, meaning you will have to buy one
6. Huawei 4G LTE (E5577Cs-321)
The Huawei 4G LTE (E5577Cs-321) is quad-band 3G and hexa-band 4G to ensure it covers most of the world’s 3G and 4G networks. It is powered by a replaceable 1500mAh battery to provide a maximum of 6 hours runtime and 300 hours of standby.
This hotspot is equipped with a menu-style LCD screen that supports many languages to suit various customers. It provides up to 150 Mbps 4G LTE and 43.2 Mbps 3G for fast internet browsing experience. This device supports microSD card to enable you to store data on the card or share data through the web management page. Furthermore, it can accommodate 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices at the same time to allow you to enjoy uninterrupted internet connectivity with your family and friends.
- This device works great just as expected
- It is easy to set up as well as to use
- This unit can be used on a regular basis or when traveling
- The battery life is not the longest you can get, but overall the device works great
7. Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot – AC791L
Connect up to 15 devices to one single Wi-Fi when you have the Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot – AC791L. It comes with a 1.77-inch LCD screen with touch navigation buttons for easy operation.
This Wi-Fi hotspot is global ready so you can take it with you while traveling to use in 200 plus countries. It uses a rechargeable battery that can deliver up to 24 hours of continuous use on a complete charge. As a result, you can use this device as a power bank to charge a small portable USB device on the go. As if that’s not enough, it offers the latest in speed, bandwidth, and performance to enable you to stream videos and keep your social status up-to-date while on the go.
- This unit comes with accessories in a replacement box
- It works well within the limitations imposed by Verizon
- This model has great signal both when receiving and transmitting
- May come with a few shipping defects; if not, it works well
8. Keepgo Global Lifetime 4G LTE Mobile WiFi Hotspot
Offering mobile internet coverage in 105+ most traveled countries; the Keepgo Global Lifetime 4G LTE Mobile WiFi Hotspot makes a great travel companion. Hence, you can create your own secure Wi-Fi network and take with you while traveling not worrying about roaming charges.
It has instant activation that allows you to take it out, activate online and begin browsing right away. This device can accommodate up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices including smartphones, e-readers, tablets, as well as laptops. It is compatible with locked devices to give you optimum versatility. Better yet, this unit comes with a SIM card with 1GB global roaming data valid for 1 year.
- This is a really good investment for international travel
- It is small in size and highly portable
- The device is easy to set up and to use
- The manual needs to be revised by including on/off instructions
9. BlueCosmo Iridium GO! Wi-Fi Hotspot for Voice
Designed for global coverage, the BlueCosmo Iridium GO! Wi-Fi Hotspot for Voice lets you connect to the internet anywhere in the world with reliable satellite-based voice. It boasts military-grade ruggedness to ensure the device can sustain daily use and abuse.
This model is equipped with GPS tracking and SOS to enable you to send your current location automatically or by pressing a button. It comes with everything including battery, charger, protective cover, and user guide among others for peerless performance. Further, there is a prepaid SIM included so you can start using this unit straight out of the box.
- This Wi-Fi hotspot comes in two different options to suit various needs
- It is small enough to fit inside your pocket for easy portability
- The prepaid SIM card is easy to load with airtime
- The device may still consume battery when switched off
10. Skyroam Solis Mobile WiFi Hotspot
Travel the world with the Skyroam Solis Mobile WiFi Hotspot for super-fast global internet connectivity. It offers encrypted connections for up to 5 devices to enable you to keep your tablet, smartphone, laptop, or reader online simultaneously.
This Wi-Fi hotspot runs on a 6000mAh battery that can last for 16 hours plus, allowing you to stay online throughout the day. Also, you can use it as a power bank to charge your phone on-the-go. The device offers instant coverage in 130+ countries so you can automatically connect to the internet to the best speeds at top destinations.
- This device is pocket-sized so you can easily carry around
- It allows for connectivity in several countries and regions
- You can use it for basic browsing, sending emails, and for Google maps
- The initial set up may take a little longer, however, it gets easier by the day
Buyer’s Guide for the Best International WIFI Hotspot
If you need to find the best international Wi-Fi hotspot, you should consider the following factors.
When you purchase Wi-Fi hotspot for international travel you need something reliable to take you through the flight. One of the best ways to ensure your device can last you that long is if it comes with a long-lasting battery. While some devices can only last 6 hours, others can go for up to 24 hours, so it’s your call.
Cost of Getting One
It is quite obvious that Wi-Fi hotspots come at various prices but the ones for international travel tend to be a bit costly. To get the best one, therefore, you need to consider the cost of getting an international Wi-Fi hotspot. It should be affordable and within your budget, so you don’t have to break the bank trying to get one.
International Wi-Fi hotspots use specific data you can purchase through their apps. The best hotspot should have affordable data packages to ensure you can easily buy and reload each time your data runs low. The last thing you want is to end up with a device whose data pricing is expensive and not easy to purchase, it may be useless to have in the end.
In this day and age, internet accessibility has become a must-have to the extent that you cannot go offline even for a sec. It gets worse when you are a frequent traveler. Luckily with the invention of international Wi-Fi hotspots, you can stay online no matter where you go. In this article, we have compiled some of the best-rated hotspot devices, so read through carefully to discover your best option.