When you want to improve hygiene in your home to make it better and comfortable to live in, mold and small air particles are probably the last things that come to your mind. Unlike like insects and gas, these elements are tiny and difficult to detect by naked eyes and nose.
Hence, the air in your home may be polluted with dangerous particles and chemicals and go unnoticed until somebody falls ill. That is why if you have never used the best home air quality test kits, you need to invest in one immediately.
These kits are easy to use and work well to detect the most chemicals and particles that you can see or smell. Most of them are designed to detect most dangerous particles to enable you to act on them before they can cause harm in your home.
Finding the best home air quality test kit can be overwhelming given the several varieties available on the market right now. Not only will you be comparing products in terms of price and effectiveness but also you will be moving from one store to the next.
To help you take home the right kit with as minimum search as possible, you need to go through the following top 10 best reviews.
- 10. General Tools Moisture Meter, MMD4E
- 9. IGERESS Air Quality Monitor
- 8. Home Air Check Indoor Air Quality Test for Sick Homes
- 7. EG Air Quality Pollution Monitor
- 6. EG Air Quality Pollution Monitor
- 5. Temtop LKC-1000E Air Quality Monitor
- 4. Temtop M2000 Air Quality Monitor
- 3. Umootek Indoor Air Quality Detector
- 2. Awair Air Quality Monitor, 2nd Edition
- 1. MOLDetect – One Sample Mold Test Kit
10. General Tools Moisture Meter, MMD4E
Detect the moisture content of wood or other building materials using the General Tools Moisture Meter, MMD4E. It comes in three different styles to give you the option to find the ideal one for all your needs and budget.
This unit is highly accurate to detect dampness, leaks as well as moisture in carpet, ceiling, walls, and firewood. Thus, it is a vital tool for assessing water damage and remedy solutions after flooding from hurricanes, storms, and broken pipes.
This moisture meter is equipped with 8mm stainless steel pins that you stick into the surface to detect moisture level. It is very simple to operate as all you need to do is stick the stainless steel pins into the surface you are measuring to get the readout.
Moreover, this moisture meter can measure wood at a range of 5 to 50% and building materials at a range of 1.5 to 33% optimum results.
- An easy-view backlight LCD screen
- Hold function lets you freeze a reading
- Protective cap doubles as a calibration checker
- Powers off automatically after 3 minutes of inactivity
9. IGERESS Air Quality Monitor
Upgraded and multifunctional, the IGERESS Air Quality Monitor precisely tests the air quality of formaldehyde, tvoc, pm10, pm1.0, humidity, and temperature. It has real-time testing with data recorded and analyzed with a chart indicate to protect the health of your family in all domains.
This air quality test kit is lightweight and easy to carry to enable you to detect air quality in the kitchen, office, home or in the car. It is equipped with 10 function buttons to make the testing more useful and accurate every single time.
This unit is very easy to use and it comes with an English user manual for the same. All you have to do is do the calibration before detection and read the testing results after 5 minutes of detection. And when you feel like the test is not accurate, simply recalibrate it or test it in different places.
- Features all kinds of pollution sensors
- Uses high-capacity lithium battery chargeable via USB cable
- The LCD screen with English interface is easy to read
- Built-in calculator allows for precise measurements
8. Home Air Check Indoor Air Quality Test for Sick Homes
Consider the Home Air Check Indoor Air Quality Test for a kit that measures and reports all levels of VOCs and hidden mold. It has the same quality as test kits used by professionals only that it is more affordable and user-friendly.
This air quality test kit is easy to use and all the collected air samples are returned to AIHA-accredited laboratory for analysis. Thus, you get credible mold results to enable you to take the necessary actions to keep your home clean.
This kit provides you with suggestions on how to improve your air quality so you can maintain a healthy surrounding. Moreover, it has all its lab analysis included in the purchase so you don’t have to pay for the analysis.
- Measures hundreds of air elements
- It is easy to use for you to do-it-yourself
- Gives information on what could be making you sick in your home
7. EG Air Quality Pollution Monitor
Engineered with advanced fan and sensors, the EG Air Quality Pollution Monitor quickly draws in ambient air to provide real-time measurements. It can measure the amount of dust particles and has a second electrochemical semiconductor to detect formaldehyde which has links to cause nasal cancer.
This air quality test kit is multifunctional to accurately assess temperature as well as the humidity level. It has a portable design to enable you to spot check indoor air quality either in your office, kitchen, bedroom, or car.
This unit is equipped with a built-in stand to enable you to place it anywhere unattended for continuous monitoring. It is powered by a long-life lithium battery that provides portable power when USB charging is not available. Moreover, this air quality testing kit is very easy to use and to carry around for peerless performance.
- This kit has a high level of accuracy
- The large color LCD screen is easy to read
- Comes with an eBook for the ease of use
- Detects TVOCs not perceivable to the human nose
6. EG Air Quality Pollution Monitor
If you have recently been worried about a mold issue or have had water damage, having the EG Air Quality Pollution Monitor will eliminate guesswork and give you the actual air quality. It comes with an inspection booklet to guide you on where to look for mold.
This air quality monitor tests for 3 different mold types to ensure you live in a healthy environment. The mold results will be shipped for free to a reputable lab for expert consultation to explain results and discuss inspection.
Thus, buying this kit will help you save money for hiring a professional home mold inspector. Better yet, it is ideal for use around people with allergies and it is versatile for you to you use in the car, office, or home.
- Makes a great gift idea
- Comes with instructions for the ease of use
- The price is a bit high but you get what you pay for
- This unit detects all airborne chemicals
5. Temtop LKC-1000E Air Quality Monitor
Be informed of the air quality around you in real-time to protect yourself and your children with the Temtop LKC-1000E Air Quality Monitor. It is simple but powerful enough to provide you with exactly what you need to stay on top of your home air quality levels.
This unit has optimized PSO algorithm to achieve more accurate data every single time. It is designed to use a professional QSI laser diode as the light source, delivering improved stability. There is a flexible controlling fan tech included to keep the inhaled air samples more balanced and consistent.
This device has a 5-in-1 design to monitor HCHO, PM2.5, PM10, particles, and AQI in a shorter detection time. Moreover, it is equipped with an electrochemical sensor that uses the electrochemistry theory to get more accurate detection results for particles in the air molecules.
- The sensor has been calibrated from the company to maintain its stability
- The device has a powerful LCD indication for easy reading
- It is powered by a rechargeable lithium battery that is long-lasting
4. Temtop M2000 Air Quality Monitor
Control the air quality of your home in an economical way with the Temtop M2000 Air Quality Monitor. It has a 7-in-1 design to enable you to detect and monitor CO2, PM2.5, HCHO, PM10, temperature, particles, and humidity.
This air quality kit is compact and lightweight to enable you to take measurements from one room to the other at school, workplace, daycare centers, or at home. It is equipped with multiple settings to ensure you can do so many things using just one device.
This air quality test kit features high-quality construction that makes it simple, elegant, and practical to deliver advanced analysis. It is powered by rechargeable internal lithium batteries which can run for 6 hours continuously on a complete charge. Furthermore, it has an easy to use design and comes with everything you need for the same.
- Operates in an environment of 0-50ºC
- The TFT color LCD screen is easy to read
- The ergonomic design makes this tool easy to use and to carry around
3. Umootek Indoor Air Quality Detector
Equipped with an upgraded intelligent air detector combing, the Umootek Indoor Air Quality Detector can detect temperature, humidity, TVOC, formaldehyde, and AQI. It has more functions and options to inform you about your air quality to protect your family’s health.
This air quality detector does not need calibration to enable you to detect air quality in real-time. Thus, you can monitor air quality anytime with much ease. This air quality testing kit is designed for a wide range of application to ensure you can use it in the car, office, or a home.
It boasts an advanced sensor technology to detect everything you can’t with just your nose. This device is compact with an ergonomic design to ensure a comfortable grip and ease of use. What’s more, it is lightweight to ensure you can have it wherever you go for optimum performance.
- The 3 function buttons make for the ease of use
- The large LCD display allows for easy reading of the testing results
- Comes with USB and power adapter for charging
2. Awair Air Quality Monitor, 2nd Edition
Receive real-time feedback of air quality and browse actionable tips when you have the Awair Air Quality Monitor, 2nd Edition to improve the health of your space. It has an Awair app which you can sync with other smart devices to keep your air clean and healthy automatically.
This air quality monitor is designed to track the 5 key factors of air quality including chemicals, fine dust, humidity, CO2 and temperature. These elements can compromise your health in so many ways including respiratory health, sleep, focus, and immunity if left to multiply.
This unit is compatible with Google home, echo, nest and many more to allow for the ease of use. Also, it works with iPhone iOS, Android, as well as 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi for peerless performance.
- This unit can be controlled centrally via a smartphone
- It is easy to install and to use
- Can be used anywhere including the kitchen and bedroom
- Makes a great gift idea for a friend or family
1. MOLDetect – One Sample Mold Test Kit
The MOLDetect- One Sample Mold Test Kit is a simple but reliable kit to confirm and identify the mold spore types including black and toxic mold. It is made to use the top lift surface sample method to test for mold.
Hence, this kit is analyzed directly by microscopic exam rather than the much less reliable culture method that requires the mold spores to grow. This unit is highly efficient and accurate to detect and show results for the faster-growing mold. Besides, it comes with a pamphlet to educate you on how to deal with mold so you can prevent their reoccurrence.
- This kit was created and used by professional mold inspectors
- It has professional lab analysis with a written lab report
- The lab results arrive in a matter of days
Most people don’t know that they get sick because their house environment is polluted. The best home air quality kits were meant to monitor the air in your home to ensure it is clean and safe for you and your family. So don’t take any more chances, read through the above compilation to identify the right kit to enhance the air quality of your home.