There’s nothing poetic about being too close to a fireplace to the extent that you risk getting burned. While this problem can easily be solved by having a fan installed on the top part of your freestanding stove, you risk having to sort out a very high electric bill. Well, you can avoid paying the high electric bill by going for a battery-powered fan. But again, this is very expensive in the long run because you will have to replace or recharge batteries every now and then. That’s why you need to stop for a second and think of how you can get the best heat powered wood stove fan.
As its name suggests, a heat-powered wood stove fan is powered by heat from wood-burning stoves or fireplaces. Needless to say, it does not rely on electricity or batteries for anything. And, for this reason, this fan is the best bet for anyone who wants to enjoy a warm, cozy environment without having to pay their electric bill through the nose. The fan is not just cost-effective to run but also it is eco-friendly. What’s more, the intensity of this fan increases with an increase in temperature. Well, here are the ones we have researched because we believe they are the best.
- 9. Home-Complete Stove Fan – Heat Powered Fan
- 8. VODA Heat Powered Stove Fan Review
- 7. Tomersun Heat Powered Stove Fan – 3 Blades
- 6. Sonyabecca Heat Powered Stove Fan with Magnetic Thermometer
- 5. CWLAKON Heat Powered Stove Fan
- 4. GALAFIRE Heat Powered Wood Stove Fan
- 3. Ecofan 812AMBBX Large Heat Powered Wood Stove Fan
- 2. VODA Heat Powered Stove Fan Review – 4-Blade
- 1. VonHaus Large 4 Blade Heat Powered Wood Stove Fan
9. Home-Complete Stove Fan – Heat Powered Fan
We bet you do not like it a bit you have to sort out an astronomical electric bill. That’s why we encourage you to try the Home-Complete Heat Powered Wood Stove Fan. This unit does not use electricity; hence, it will bring a zero change to your electric bill. Instead, this unit relies on the heat produced by a wood-burning stove or fireplace to function.
This means when the fire gets hotter, the blades of this fan will move much faster. Needless to say, more warm air will be dispersed throughout the house. Additionally, this heat-powered fan is whisper quiet; hence, will not be disruptive when on. It spares you the loud noise that electric forced-air fans normally make. Furthermore, the fan is easy to maintain, as all you need to do is to oil the blades and dust it off once a while.
- Made of metal
- Measures 6.9 by 9 by 5.2 inches
- Weighs 1.7 pounds
- No assembly required
- Backed by a 10-year limited manufacturer warranty
8. VODA Heat Powered Stove Fan Review
You do not need batteries or electricity to operate this bad boy. It is an environmentally friendly unit that, in an ideal world, everyone should have. It is one of those units that always pay for themselves. What’s more, this heat-powered wood stove fan boasts silent operation. As such, it will not bother you in any way. The fan is also solidly constructed and will hold up well to frequent use.
It is well-thought-out, and it circulates warm air efficiently throughout the house to create a comfortable environment. This unit totally relies on the heat produced by the fireplace, log burner or wood-burning stove. Its blades move faster when the fire gets hotter, and this makes it very reliable and thoughtful. The best part is this fan is well within an affordable range.
- Dimensions of the fan are 8.3 by 4.7 by 8.3 inches
- Weighs 2.6 pounds
- Constructed with aluminum
- Available in 3 different colors – Silver, Gold, and Black
- Designed for usage on freestanding stoves
7. Tomersun Heat Powered Stove Fan – 3 Blades
This is probably the simplest heat-powered wood stove fan to use. It does not require electricity or battery, and this makes it a very reliable unit. Its ease of use is further justified by the fact that you do not need to adjust anything. The speed of the fan adjusts automatically with the surface temperature of the stove.
Furthermore, this heat-powered stove fan has a feature that’s not there in other units. The feature is a bi-metallic safety device, which is located in the base of the stove fan. It gently elevates the front of the fan when the surface temperature shoots past 300 degrees Celsius. By so doing, the safety device protects against TEG and the motor. This heat-powered fan is so quiet you will not know it’s there.
- Made of aluminum for strength and lightweight performance
- Compact size; measures 8.7 by 6.7 by 3.6 inches
- Manufacturer of the stove fan is Tomersun
- Recommended surface temperature is from 185 deg F to 660 deg F (85 deg C to 350 deg C)
6. Sonyabecca Heat Powered Stove Fan with Magnetic Thermometer
You do not need to sit too close to the fire to get warm. All you need to do is to spend a little cash on this heat-powered stove fan. It is an economical wood stove fan that runs without electricity or batteries. Instead, it converts the heat from the stove into electricity. Well, this is how the Sonyabecca Heat Powered Stove Fan generates power.
The heat energy is converted into kinetic energy, which, in turn, drives the motor. And the motor, when driven, makes the blade spin. The fan has 4 blades that diffuse warm air throughout the entire room. The 4 blades move large volumes of air, making sure you are kept warm even when you are far away from the heat source.
- Working temperature is 50 deg C – 340 deg C (122 deg F – 644 deg F)
- Quite, no noise operation – less than 36dB
- The blade length is 8cm (3.14 inches)
- The maximum running speed of the fan is 1350RPM
- Dimensions of the fan base are 11 by 7.5cm (4.5 by 2.95 inches)
5. CWLAKON Heat Powered Stove Fan
CWLAKON has equipped this heat-powered stove fan with 4 blades. With that said, expect the fan to move large volumes of air and at a high speed. The fan is designed to circulate the warm created by the coal/wood or pellet burning. It circulates warm air nicely throughout the room. Best of all, this heat-powered stove fan does not need electricity or battery to do that. As such, it is cost-effective and very reliable.
This heat-powered stove fan also has a thermoelectric module, which acts as a mini generator to power the motor of the fan. If you want to enjoy warm air without having to put with too much noise or a very high electric bill, this heat-powered stove fan is the unit to invest in.
- Made of aluminum
- Dimensions of the fan are 4.3 by 3 by 7.5 inches
- The fan weighs 1.65 pounds
- Working temperature is from 122 deg F – 716 deg F (50 deg C – 380 deg C)
- Inbuilt protect system
4. GALAFIRE Heat Powered Wood Stove Fan
You will feel warmer faster when you have a high-performance heat-powered wood stove like this one by GALAFIRE. It burns less fuel and does not make any noise. For that, we can confidently say that this heat-powered wood stove fan is a perfect purchase for anyone who wants to cut down electric costs. The wood stove fan is compatible with all kinds of freestanding stoves such as pellet stoves, wood stoves, gas stoves, and more.
It is super easy to install, as all you need to do is to place it on a flat surface on the top part of the stove. The fan should not be placed on the chimney and a distance of at least 4 inches should be kept. Another crucial piece of information to take home is that this fan should not be used in a surrounding with a temperature of over 350 deg C (662 deg F).
- Constructed with aluminum
- Weighs 1.68 pounds
- Dimensions are 7.4 by 3 by 7.3 inches
- 24-month warranty
- Number of blades: 4
3. Ecofan 812AMBBX Large Heat Powered Wood Stove Fan
A lot of things make the Ecofan 812AMBBX to be highly rated. But one that stands out is the fact that this wood stove fan is one of the largest units you have ever come across. The large size enables it to warm up a room up to 38-percent faster. Ideally, it makes it perfect for all room sizes by allowing it to circulate more warm air much further into every corner of the room.
Another good thing about this heat-powered wood stove fan is that it has been tested and proven to save up to 18-percent of fuel. Well, it achieves that by distributing heat efficiently from your wood stove. The fan converts heat from the wood stove into electricity, and this is how it generates power.
- 2-year limited warranty to protect against the unfortunates
- Designed and manufactured in Canada
- Tested in the harshest winters
- No electricity needed
- Available in two colors; Gold and Black
- Weighs 3.7 pounds
- Dimensions are 13 by 10.5 by 5.5 inches
2. VODA Heat Powered Stove Fan Review – 4-Blade
All the good things you have heard about a heat-powered wood stove fan are true. This unit is in the top two because it works as described. First, it operates silently to make sure you are not bothered at all. Second, it consumes less energy plus it is very efficient to deliver the results you want.
And third, the heat-powered stove fan does a great job of circulating warm throughout the room. Another reason we have included this stove fan in these reviews is that it does not require electricity or batteries. It relies on the heat produced by the wood-burning stove or fireplace to generate power. This means the more the heat the faster this fan spins its blades, thereby, keeping your entire room pleasantly warm.
- Available in two colors; Silver and Black
- Should not operate above 660 deg F (350 deg C)
- Extendable handle for moving the fan
- Designed for usage on freestanding stoves
- Constructed with aluminum
- Dimensions are 8.3 by 4.7 by 9.1 inches
1. VonHaus Large 4 Blade Heat Powered Wood Stove Fan
You can now improve the efficiency of your wood stove fan. And all you need to achieve that is to introduce a high-performance heat-powered wood stove fan like this unit. It comes with a temperature gauge, which is a huge plus because most units in the same class do not come with the same.
The temperature gauge will let you monitor the temperature. This means you can easily prevent this stove fan from getting damaged. You will know the exact temperature, including temperatures unsuitable for the wood stove fan. The wood stove fan distributes heat automatically so you can enjoy a warm environment even when you are far away from the fireplace. The blades of this heat-powered wood stove fan turn quietly to make sure you do not feel the fan working.
- Dimensions are 10.3 by 8.5 by 5.5 inches
- Weighs 2.19 inches
- Extra-large design to create maximum impact
- Operating temperature: 122 – 660 deg F
- Increases the efficiency of a freestanding stove
Getting warm during winter and other extremely cold days cannot be overlooked. However, sometimes it leaves a huge dent in our wallets because of the tools we use to help keep us warm. Luckily, that does not need to happen again because now you can go for a heat-powered wood stove fan that uses no electricity or battery at all.