If you want to keep the hedges around your home neat and trimmed, better consider investing in the best gas hedge trimmers. These machines are strong and powerful to deliver exceptional and reliable hedge trimming performance. Most of them are designed with dual-action blades to help you cut and trim hedges faster with less vibration.
Also, they are compact and portable so you can easily move from one place to another for complete trimming action. Finding the right gas hedge trimming machine is, however, quite involving. There are several things you need to put into considerations. To make your work very simple, we have compiled the following top 10 best reviews [2023. Check them out.
List of The Best Gas Hedge Trimmers [2023
1. BLACK+DECKER Hedge Trimmer, LHT2436
Equipped with 24-inch dual action blades, the BLACK+DECKER Hedge Trimmer delivers less vibration than single action blades. This is enough to cut branches of up to 3/4 inches thick. The blades are pre-hardened for rust-resistance, ensuring they stay sharp longer than most brands. This hedge trimmer operates on a 40-Volt rechargeable lithium battery to ensure long-run time to complete even the toughest jobs. It boasts a full wrap-around front handle to provide a comfortable gripping area in all cutting orientations without fatigue. The machine is compact and lightweight for easy use and maneuverability. What’s more, it comes ready to use straight out of the box, requiring no assembly at all.
- This machine can trim up to 6000 square feet per charge
- It operates with less vibration and noise
- The rechargeable battery allows for a cordless operation
- The sharp blades make cutting branches quick and effortless
- Repeated jams can cause drive shaft failure
2. Greenworks Hedge Trimmer, 22102
Compact and lightweight, the Greenworks Hedge Trimmer, 22102 is easy to handle without hand strain and fatigue. It has a 3/8 inch cutting capacity which is perfect for trimming shrubs and bushes. This hedge trimmer uses a 2.7 Amp electric motor to get the job done more efficiently and quickly. It features an 18-inch dual action steel blade to deliver optimal performance with less effort and energy. The machine is made of high-quality materials to ensure long-lasting performance. It is complete with a convenient cord lock system to prevent accidental unplugging. At the same time, this hedge trimmer comes in a variety of options at various prices to meet different needs and budgets.
- The machine requires no assembly and it is very easy to use
- Its ergonomic handle takes the strain off your hands
- It is highly efficient and can clear even thicker branches
- Comes with instructions and safety guidelines
- This equipment is a little noisy but it is nothing you can’t withstand
3. DEWALT Hedge Trimmer, DCHT820P1
Experience some serious cutting power without the fumes, using the DEWALT Hedge Trimmer, DCHT820P1. It utilizes a high capacity 5Ah rechargeable lithium-ion battery to deliver optimal power and run-time for most trimming jobs. This machine starts and stops instantly with just a pull of the trigger. It has 3/4 inch cutting capacity to help you trim even the thickest of branches. The dual-action blades deliver 40% less vibration while reducing the cutting time by almost half. Also, the blades are shearing sharp to help you tackle more trimming jobs with less effort and energy. This tool comes in two varieties; one with a 20-volt battery and the other with no battery so you can choose from based on your needs and budget.
- The blades are heavy-duty to stay sharp much longer
- This tool is compact and lightweight for easy maneuverability
- It comes fully assembled for peerless convenience
- The machine leans towards the expensive side, but it is worth each penny
4. Sun Joe Hedge Trimmer, HJ604C
Featuring a 2-in-1design, the Sun Joe Hedge Trimmer, HJ604C converts from grass shear to hedger quickly and effortlessly. It operates on a 1500 mAh battery with the load speed of 1,250 ± 10% rpm to deliver fast and efficient performance. Measuring in at only 2.5lbs, this hedge trimmer is lightweight, therefore, easy to maneuver and to operate. It has an ergonomic handle that is comfortable to allow for easy control, balance, and handling. The hedge trimmer powers up instantly with the push of a button so you can begin the trimming task immediately. In addition, the blades are made from durable steel to deliver long-lasting durability and reliable performance.
- The hedge trimmer performs a variety of grooming tasks
- It has a safety switch to prevent accidental start-ups
- The rechargeable battery has long run time to allow for a cordless operation
- The price is affordable for almost everyone to afford
- The grass trimmer attachment is more efficient than the shrub trimming attachment
5. Greenworks Hedge Trimmer, 2200102
Designed with a 4-Amp motor, the Greenworks Hedge Trimmer, 2200102 performs a variety of yard works efficiently. It boasts 22-inch dual-action steel blades to offer optimal performance with less vibration. The blades are sharp with 9/16 cutting capacity which is ideal for shrubs and bushes. This machine is compact and lightweight to allow for easy handling and maneuverability. Therefore, it is suitable for use on small gardens, hedge grooming, as well as areas your mower cannot reach. This hedge trimmer is equipped with a convenient cord lock system to prevent accidental unplugging. Moreover, this model is affordably priced, making it an economical solution with greater trimming performance.
- It is easy to use and starts within seconds
- The machine comes fully assembled so it is ready for use straight out of the box
- It is well-built and seems to last several uses
- This item only works well for smaller branches
6. Poulan Pro Gas Powered Hedge Trimmer
Weighing in at 11.1 pounds, the Poulan Pro Gas Powered Hedge Trimmer is extremely lightweight for a gas-powered hedge trimmer. It uses a 23cc 2 cycle full crank engine to deliver optimum cutting performance. This trimmer operates on 22-inch dual-action stainless steel blades to deliver maximum cutting action with less vibration. Thus, it is extremely powerful yet quiet enough to ensure you work in a peaceful environment. This tool has a rotating ergonomic handle with a comfortable grip to offer maximum cutting control with reduced hand fatigue. Better yet, its blades are shearing sharp to help you tackle even the toughest hedges.
- The machine starts easily and works really well
- It is heavy-duty to ensure optimal performance from time to time
- The power handle locks in 3 different positions for added convenience
- This equipment is backed by a two-year warranty so you can buy with confidence
- The weight may be too heavy for a woman to use comfortably
7. Husqvarna Gas Hedge Trimmer, 122HD60
Crafted with smart start engine and starter, the Husqvarna Gas Hedge Trimmer, 122HD60 starts easily and quickly. There is a carburetor air purge system that removes air from the carburetor and fuel system for quick start-ups. This machine has an ergonomic handle equipped with anti-vibration dampeners that absorbs vibration to reduce stress on your arms and hands. The rear handle is adjustable to help you cut the sides and top of the hedges without straining too much. This machine features dual-action blades that work with less vibration to reduce noise during use. At the same time, the blades are razor sharp to deliver optimum cutting with less effort and time.
- The machine is easy to handle as it requires no assembly
- It is easier to start when turned off; thanks to the stop switch that returns to the start position
- This machine seems well-built to provide reliable performance
- It is heavier than most gas-powered hedge trimmers
8. Tanaka Gas Hedge Trimmer, TCH22EBP2
Built with a commercial-grade 21.1cc 2-cycle engine, the Tanaka Gas Hedge Trimmer, TCH22EBP2 guarantees optimum durability and reliability. It is equipped with purge bulb and S-start technology to allow for smooth and low-effort pull starts. This tool uses 24-inch dual reciprocating blades to deliver maximum cutting capacity with less vibration. It runs on a 0.3-liter fuel tank to ensure long operating time before you can break for refueling. The handle is ergonomic and locks in 5 positions to offer maximum comfort and maneuverability. This machine boasts a forward-facing exhaust to prevent burnt hedges during trimming. Furthermore, it is available in various blade sizes to meet various needs and budgets.
- This machine has been rigorously tested for performance and durability
- The ergonomic handle allows for a more comfortable operation
- This hedge trimmer can cut branches up to 3/4 inches thick
- The machine is a little on the heavy side, however, it has massive power
9. Husqvarna Gas Hedge Trimmer, 122HD45
The Husqvarna Gas Hedge Trimmer, 122HD45 is a low noise and lightweight hedge trimmer well-suited for domestic use. The engine and starter are designed in a way that they allow for you to start the machine quickly and effortlessly. The stop switch feature resets to the on position for easier starting. This machine has officially been tested and recommended for use by the national home gardening club to increase your confidence in purchasing the product. It has an ergonomic handle that is equipped with effective anti-vibration dampeners which absorbs vibration to enhance comfort and control for the ease of use. Moreover, this hedge trimmer has a dual-action blade design to allow for quick cutting in the quickest manner possible.
- It is powerful enough to trim right through thick bushes
- The size is perfect for use by various kinds of people
- It comes already assembled so you can use it straight out of the box
- The machine is a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for
Check also: Most Comfortable Bed Sheet
10. Echo Gas Hedge Trimmer, HC-152
Made with a rigid support bar, the Echo Gas Hedge Trimmer, HC-152 allows for straighter and more precise cuts. It has 20-inch double-action blades to allow for efficient trimming with minimal vibration. At the same time, the blades are razor sharp to ensure precision cuts with minimal effort and time. This machine is powered by a 21.2 cc 2-stroke engine to deliver outstanding performance. It has a commercial-grade air filtration system to ensure long engine life and reliable performance. This hedge trimmer has an ergonomic front handle with a safety guard to provide increased comfort and control. The rear handle provides added comfort and control to allow for better handling.
- The tool-less air filter cover allows for easy access
- This equipment starts and runs wonderfully
- It delivers a great trimming job for the price
- May come with a few manufacturer flaws, otherwise great tool
Buyers Guide for the Best Gas Hedge Trimmers
Finding the best gas hedge trimmer cannot be easy if you don’t have a few tips under your sleeve. That is why we have compiled the following guide, have a look.
If you want to get the most out of the gas hedge trimmer you buy, ensure it has a longer blade length. Gas hedge trimmers with longer blade lengths allow you to reach higher places with ease. Although most of them tend to come with additional weight than counterparts with shorter blade lengths, they are worth investing in.
It is quite obvious that a lighter hedge trimmer is very easy to handle and to maneuver. Therefore, when shopping for the best gas hedge trimmer, make sure it is relatively lightweight to enable you to use without much strain. In this case, a unit with 11pounds or less is most preferred.
Gas powered hedge trimmers tend to be louder than battery counterparts. The best one, therefore, is one that is able to run with as minimal noise as possible. You want to work in a peaceful environment. At the same time, you do not want to interfere with your neighbors, so invest in a machine that is as quiet as can be.
There is no better way to trim your hedges than by the use of the best gas hedge trimmer. They are fast and efficient to give you optimal performance within the shortest time possible. If you want to find the right machine, look no further than this article. It contains some of the best-performing machines in the industry, so rest assured you will find a worthwhile product.