If you want to keep your body in good shape yet you are always busy, look no further than a free standing pull up bar. Free standing pull bars are built to improve both the upper and lower body muscles. They are very versatile, and, therefore, great for chin ups, body twist, triceps dip, leg raise, knee raises, and pull ups, among other workouts. You can use them as a power tower pull up station, dip stand, multi-grip pull up bar or pull-up bar free standing. Nonetheless, only the best free standing pull up bars provide exceptional results.
Needless to say, it is imperative that you do your research well in order to end up with a product that will meet your needs. Premium free standing pull up bars are built with sturdy frames that make them have impressive weight capacities. As such, they will not wobble while in use. This means they are safe to use, as they totally eliminate the risk to tip over. Moreover, top quality free standing pull up bars do not take up too much space because their manufacturers understand that you are buying because of convenience. That being said, they can be set up in almost any room.
Keep on reading to have more information about them.
- 10.Body Max VKR1010 Power Tower/Multi function
- 9. CAP Barbell Power Rack Exercise Stand
- 8. Stamina Powers Towers
- 7. RELIFE REBUILD YOUR LIFE Power Tower Workout Dip Station
- 6. XMARK Multi-Function Power Tower
- 5. Kit4Fit Wall Mounted Pull Up and Dip Station
- 4. Bowflex BodyTower
- 3. GoBeast Power Tower Pull-up bar Dip Stand
- 2. Romana Children’s Horisontal Bar Which Connects to the Wall
- 1. HYD-PARTS Power Tower
10.Body Max VKR1010 Power Tower/Multi function
It is no surprise that this free standing pull up bar is loved by many. It is packed with features and has an impressive size of 58.5 inches long by 46.5 inches wide by 83 inches high. Besides, it has a D-Frame base that plays a huge role in making it one of the most stable free standing pull up bars. With it, you will be able to build powerful arms, back, and shoulders without going to the gym.
- The leg pull up abs workout feature is a nice addition
- Great for pull-ups, hanging leg raises, dips, and more
- Great for the price
- Not the sturdiest
9. CAP Barbell Power Rack Exercise Stand
If you have ever worked out, chances are you have used a product from CAP Barbell. Well, this is because the company is a pioneer in fitness for more than 3 decades and has innumerable locations across the globe. Given their experience, the manufacturer produces premium products, and this power rack exercise stand is no exception. It has a durable powder coat finish that works with industrial zinc hardware to offer maintenance-free durability. Its tested static weight is 500-pound for catches and 750-pound for the pull up bar.
- Comes with simple and straightforward directions
- Comes with all tools to make assembly a breeze
- Arrives in perfect condition
- Not so great for tall people
8. Stamina Powers Towers
Not very many manufacturers stand behind their products. That being said, we are happy that Stamina has backed this free standing pull up bars with a 5-year frame and a 90-day parts warranty. Also, we are impressed by the fact that the manufacturer has built this pull up bar to fit in small spaces. The pull up bar measures just 49” by 42.5” by 81”; hence, it is compact enough to fit in garages and indoors. Its durable steel frame supports individuals weighing up to 250 pounds.
- Rock solid and easy to assemble
- Perfect for limited spaces
- The footprint is large enough to offer plenty of stability
- Wobbles, but a little
7. RELIFE REBUILD YOUR LIFE Power Tower Workout Dip Station
The RELIFE REBUILD YOUR LIFE Free Standing Pull Up Bar deserves a place on this competitive list. It not only comes with assembly tools and instructions but also the manufacturer provides an installation video on YouTube to make the power tower workout dip station a breeze to set up. Besides, this unit is designed with versatility in mind. Having said that, expect it to support different kinds of sports programs, including knee-raise, pull-up, dips, and push-up, among others.
- Fairly easy to assemble
- Works great, and it is relatively stable
- Tall enough to be used by everyone
- Adjustment points have large knobs and are very easy to turn
- The overall quality is not the best
6. XMARK Multi-Function Power Tower
You will be able to improve your abs, front and side delts, traps, triceps, and chest when you have this free standing pull up bar. It has an impressive weight capacity of 350 pounds, and its mainframe is made of heavy-duty 14-gauge steel construction. The mainframe also has a scratch-resistant powder coat finish for superior durability. Additionally, this pull up bar has a vertical knee raise, pull-up station, push-up station, and dip station. It works great for most people and that’s why its ratings are high.
- Very well made and easy to assemble
- Works great for both small and tall persons
- It is delivered in high-quality packaging
- The backrest is a little problematic for pull-ups
5. Kit4Fit Wall Mounted Pull Up and Dip Station
The fact that this unit has a 3-in-1 design means you can effortlessly use it as a power tower pull up station, dip stand, multi-grip pull up bar or pull-up bar free standing. It has an unrivaled weight capacity of 440 pounds. And this is mainly because of heavy-duty steel construction. Furthermore, this unit is compact, and, therefore, will not take up much space. The compact size also makes it super easy to carry around.
- Does not require a lot of space
- The backrest is soft and movable
- Comes with pictures and instructions for training
- Versatile and fairly easy to assemble
- None so far
4. Bowflex BodyTower
Bowflex knows exactly what you need to get that perfect body you have always wanted. That being said, they have equipped this free standing pull up bar with 7 levels of adjustment that will let you do over 20 exercises. The free standing pull up bar also features a cushioned back pad to allow you to exercise for a long period without feeling fatigued. Moreover, it comes with sling straps and hand grips to help make exercises much easier. Its E-7 adjust horizontal bars will let you add intensity and variety to your workouts.
- Not too bulky or annoyingly large
- Arrives on time to avoid any inconveniences
- Makes a great addition to a home gym
- Not the best for tall people
3. GoBeast Power Tower Pull-up bar Dip Stand
You will enjoy more than 35 exercises should you go for this free standing pull up bar. It is one of the most versatile workout units you have ever seen. Needless to say, you will be able to perform chin ups, body twist, triceps dip, leg raise, knee raises, and pull ups. Its maximum user weight capacity is up to 300 pounds (150 kilos). Moreover, this pull-up bar is very easy to build and dismantle with no tools required.
- Very easy to take apart and put together
- Lightweight; hence, easy to move around
- Stable enough to deliver exceptional performance
- Holes tend not to line up fine
2. Romana Children’s Horisontal Bar Which Connects to the Wall
The Romana Children’s Bar is great for use in school and kids’ room. It is a complete set that comes with a rope, gymnastics rings, a rope ladder, and a wall-mount bar. Well, these accessories work together to physically challenge you and your kid in many different ways. When fully assembled, the workout kit can carry up to 330 pounds or roughly 150 kilos. Also, when fully assembled, the workout kit measures 34 by 26 by 15 (86 by 65 by 37 cm).
- Suitable for both adults and kids
- Comes in a variety of color options
- Provides users with different forms of exercises
- None so far
1. HYD-PARTS Power Tower
HYD-PARTS Co. has made sure that this power tower is strong enough to provide you with the results you are seeking. They have constructed it with steel, so it can endure up to 550 pounds. Additionally, they have designed the power tower with safety in mind. Well, they have achieved that by equipping the handles with grips to prevent slips during workouts. The power tower has an adjustable height from 64.6” – 84.6”, and its dimensions are 30.7 inches long by 42.5 inches wide by 84.7 inches high.
- Fairly simple to assemble
- The price is hard to beat
- Works well for what it is designed for
- The tower tends to tilt forward when in use. However, this can easily be resolved by supporting it with super heavy plates.
The above reviews talk about the best free standing pull up bars on the market today. They are versatile, sturdy, easy to assemble and handle, durable, and safe to use. Besides, they are from reputable manufacturers like CAP Barbell. We, therefore, believe that they will work for you regardless of the brand you choose.