Regardless of what you are currently searching for, floor-standing tower speakers have the best sound quality. They are the top of the art home/ hall sound system you can get and be comfortable about it.
All you have to do is get the right model and seat back and enjoy the output of these great devices. One of such speakers saves you lots of money in buying sub-woofers. It might be a climbing task to select the best speakers of all time but we have made it easier for you.
This might be a common problem with most buyers an that is why we published for you an article entitled the Best Floor Standing Speakers Under 500 In Reviews. You will get to understand them better as we review them.
10. Andrew Jones, Pioneer SP-FS52
The SP-FS52 is one of the floor-standing speakers from Pioneer designs. The minds behind these speakers are Andrew Jones. The 5.25-inch speaker has oversized magnets that are suitable for both low and midrange frequencies.
The tower speakers feature the soft dome tweeter which smoothens the frequency producing high-quality sound. The speaker has a 6-ohm nominal impendence thus offers low resistance. It is an average speaker with a sensitivity of 87 decibels.
- The speakers are affordable especially when you are on a budget.
- Offers high-quality sound.
- Well designed curved cabinet speakers.
- The speakers are equipped with a sophisticated crossover with 8 high-quality components as opposed to the simple crossovers.
- It is an award-winning speaker thus no doubts on quality.
- Has no bass though can be coupled to an additional subwoofer.
9. 150 Watt Home Polk T50, Wall standing Woofer
This is one of the T- series home theater. With the T50 floor standing speakers, you are sure to take your music, movie or gaming experience on another level. The Polk speakers are compatible with most home theater AV receivers which are one reason for their popularity.
The tower speakers boost of 90 decibels sensitivity and 6 ohms nominal impendence thus low resistance and power usage. This is complemented by the drivers and tweeter which disperse sound over a wide area. The speakers are equipped with Dynamic balance technology which boosts and deepens the bass. The sound system has two bass radials that offer well balanced and high-resolution sound.
- The tower speakers are pocket-friendly.
- Compatible with most home theater AV receivers.
- Quality sound with deep bass.
- Muffles noises and any disruptions.
- The speakers are only available in black vinyl coat color.
- The T50 speaker is only a mid-range frequency speaker.
8. Tower Speaker BIC America Venturi DV64 2-Way
The stylish BIC Venturi series is a wood grain cabinet speaker with a black finish. It is a two-way tower speaker with a power rating of 10 to a maximum of 200 watts. The Venturi dual 6.5-inch poly graphite woofer produces intense bass.
The floor-standing speaker has a 0.75-inch soft dome tweeter which produces both low and midrange frequencies. The frequencies range from 29Hz to 21Hz. The speakers have a high sensitivity of 90 decibels and 8-ohm nominal impendence.
- Powerful speakers with a power rating of 10 watts minimum and 200 watts maximum.
- The Venturi series speakers are magnetically shielded thus minimal disruptions when placed next to the television.
- Impressive sound and intense bass.
- Lightweight since it only weighs 34 pounds.
- The speakers have a 7-year warranty.
- It is a midrange frequency speaker.
7. 2-Way, Onkyo SKF-4800
The Onkyo floor standing cabinet design speakers boosts of excellent performance and high-quality sound. The woofers come in a pair and are paired to an Onkyo receiver to deliver adequate sound. The Onkyo model is low resistance speaker with 6 ohms nominal impendence. The maximum power input is 130 watts.
The speaker is equipped with a woofer equalizer that facilitates accurate quick feedback. The 2.5-inch soft dome tweeter is designed to project clear, airy frequencies even at high volumes. The speakers are equipped with an MDF stabilizer to as to minimize vibrations. Lastly, the black finish of the Onkyo tower speaker complements your decor uniquely.
- Affordable since its less than $450
- Has a high frequency of between 55Hz to 35Hz.
- Produces high-quality balanced sound.
- The Onkyo speakers are well designed.
- Has a poorly engineered rear port.
6. Fluance XL7FBK Black Ash Three-Way Floorstanding Loudspeakers
The Flaunce XLTBK tower speakers are beautifully crafted. The engineers had an eye of detail for this model. The Flauncw speakers produce a high-quality sound for your music, movies or gaming. The three-way tower speaker has a one-inch silk dome tweeter which projects high frequency balanced response.
The 8-inch long subwoofer produces an intense bass thus no need for an additional speaker. The power input of the speaker is 80 to 200 watts and has a high sensitivity of 89 decibels.
- Stylish with a wood grain black finish.
- High-quality balanced sound.
- The 6.5-inch midrange driver produces clear sound even at high volumes.
- It is a midrange frequency tower speaker.
5. Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series II Floorstanding Speaker
If you are looking for a Home theater collection Polk Audio Monitor is one to go for. It is an affordable tower speaker offering an elevating atmosphere in your house. The Polk Audio Monitor utilizes Cascade Tapered Array Technology which offers intense bass, midrange frequency, and enhanced imaging. It is built with highly superior Mylar by-pass capacitors that offer high frequency.
It comes with a five-way post connector which offers safe connection. The Polk Audio Monitor can be coupled to a Polk CS2 speakers which are magnetically shielded. With the magnetic shielding, you don’t have to worry about any disruptions when placed next to speakers.
- Stylish thus adds to your decor.
- Produces high-quality sound.
- Boosts of safe connection with the five-way post connectors.
- Produces high frequency.
4. Klipsch RP-280F Ebony Pair Floor standing Woofer
The RP -280F Klipsch speakers are beautifully crafted. They boost of a wood grain polymer complemented by a brushed polymer veneer that imparts a modern look. The speaker also takes pride in the new tractrix geometry port that allows efficient air transfer.
The new RP -280F also comes with a liner Travel Suspension (LTS) tweeter which offers enhanced performance and minimizes any disruptions. The dual eight inches cerametallic woofer offer improved rigidity and decreased cone break up. With this sound system, you are sure to rock your atmosphere with crisp and clear sound.
- Produces crisp and clear sound.
- Offers enhanced performance and minimal disruptions.
- It is expensive but quality.
3. Cerwin-Vega XLS Large Floor Standing Woofers
At 400 watts at its peak, this is an awesome device to boost your voice at a lower charge as compared to most devices on its level. It comes as a 15-inch frame woofer. It has a 6.5-inch fiber cone and a one-inch soft dome with ferrofluid.
It has a range of between -3dB to -10dB or 38 Hz – 20 kHz to 36 Hz – 20 kHz. These are arguably the best bass speakers of all time for both music and watching movies
- Have a great bass GHz
- Cost-effective as compared to others on its range
- 15-inch large speakers
- Durable make
2. Klipsch R-28F Floorstanding Woofer
This is a very affordable woofer as compared to its output. Its sound fills all the rooms from medium to large rooms with its powerful sound quality. Has a horn-loaded tweeter which is dynamic with one-inch aluminum travel suspension.
It also has an eight-inch copper spun woofer cabinet. The standing woofer is well brushed with black polymer for durability purposes.
- It is very affordable
- It produces great sound quality
- The device has been built to last with a great finish
- Best for medium to large rooms
- Small rooms can’t handle their noise
1. The Klipsch RP-5000F Duo Pair
These speakers come as a pair. From their looks, you can easily tell they are top class gadgets. They have hard pairs of standing legs to protect them from damage and also for stability purposes.
They come with a one-inch titanium tweeter with hybrid tractrix horn. They come with a super bass-reflex through a rear-firing tractrix port. The speakers have a dual binding post for both bi-wire and bi-amp
- The sound is amazing
- The lows are awesome even in a small room
- The built is excellent
How to choose Best Floor Standing Speakers Under 500
There are things that you must look for when buying a floor-standing woofer. They include:
different speakers have different drivers and that’s why selecting the best comes at a cost. There are some which emit a frequency range that you might not like while some do so okay. It might be okay for you while to someone else its trash. So choose wisely on the best driver for your ears.
On floor standing speakers, tweeters come in different types which include the horn, cone, and dome. Each has a different sound-emitting quality. The horn emits very high-frequency sound, the cone tweeters are made of simple paper and produce a distorted sound at high volumes while the dome tweeters have excellent sound since they have been made from mylar and silk.
C) Speaker size
size is directly proportional to the output of sound. The larger the speaker size, the louder the volume. If you have a small room or a limited space, it couldn’t sound well going for the larger speakers.
To sum it all up, enjoying great sound and bass quality at the comfort of our homes, while listening to music or watching movies can’t be underrated! Boost your home sound system by getting one of this floor standing speakers. The above products have been exhaustively defined to help you make a sound decision on the type of product you want.