The quickest way to an accurate shot is through the best Flip up sights. These units are there when you need them but also they can fold down nicely when not in use. Thus, they are suitable for hunters and other sharpshooters on the go. Flip up sights are relatively compact and lightweight, making them easy to install and to use.
Whether you are happy to run optics-only rifles or simply looking for the best AR 15 flip up sight, these flip up sights will give you the best of both worlds. Finding the best flip up sights can be quite overwhelming given the vast variety on the market right now. But with the following top 10 best reviews [2023, you don’t have to struggle to find the perfect flip up sights for all your needs.
List of The Best Flip Up Sights [2023
1. Ozark Armament Flip Up Backup Battle Sights
Made of strong aluminum, the Ozark Armament Flip Up Backup Battle Sights is sturdy and durable to withstand operational abuse. They have a low profile design so they won’t interfere with your optic sight picture and stay out of the way when down. These flip up sights are competitively priced, yet they are functional and effective to allow for hardcore tactical training or simple hobby shooting.
The sights are easy to install and once in place they provide reliable accuracy shot after shot. They are fully adjustable for elevation and windage, giving optimum versatility. In addition, these flip up sights are backed by1 year warranty to boost your confidence in purchasing.
- These flip up sights look great and well-made
- The price is quite difficult to resist
- They work well straight out of the box
- The rear sights do not click like they should when you adjust, but this is a minor flaw
2. Magpul Industries Flip Up Backup Sight, GEN 2
Featuring impact resistant polymer construction, the Magpul Industries Flip Up Backup Sights are lightweight and highly durable. They are spring-loaded so they are very easy to operate. These flip up sights can be activated in a matter of seconds by simply pressing the top or either side of the units.
They have detent and spring pressure that keeps sights erect to allow for unobstructed folding when under impact. These sights are available in three colors; black, flat dark earth, and olive drab green to choose from. Moreover, they are compatible with most receiver rails to allow for maximum versatility and performance.
- These units have protective wings and apertures
- They are easy to put on and to take off
- The button to help them flip up is easy to access and to use
- The quality is very nice and the windage works exceptionally well
- May come with a few manufacturer flaws; otherwise, the sights are good
3. Magpul Flip-Up Backup Sights, MBUS
If you want a rugged sight from a name you know you can trust, the Magpul Flip-Up Backup Sights, MBUS are the best for you. They are made from impact-resistant polymer for quality, strength, and durability. Their sturdy build quality makes them reliable enough to resist operational abuse use after use. These sights are lightweight and are, therefore, easy to install and to use.
They are spring-loaded flip up sights that can be activated from either side or by pressing the top part. These sights clamp to most railed handguard and they provide the same height over bore as standard A2 irons. Additionally, they are equipped with protective wings and elevation adjustment tool which will come in handy.
- These flip up sights come in 2 styles and 4 colors to choose from
- They are made to be extremely durable and precise
- The adjustable knobs have a tight feel on them
- These sights don’t have vertical adjustments
4. GRG Flip Up Front and Rear Back up Iron Sight
The GRG Flip Up Front and Rear Back up Iron Sight are the perfect addition to any customized rifle, AR-15s in particular. This is because they are crafted from aircraft-grade aluminum and heat treated for toughness. Thus, these sights are hardcore to stand up to the rigors of uncompromising use each time.
They are extremely lightweight, making them very easy to install and to operate. The price is affordable and quite enticing yet it has the same quality and performance of more costly counterparts. The best part is that these sights are adjustable both at the front and back of peerless performance.
- These sights have a solid build quality
- They are by far the best-looking sights
- The rear sight fits perfectly-well just the way you like it
- They come lubricated for easy locking in place
- These sights do not fold down completely into the locking position
5. Trinity Force Tactical Flip Up Sight
Even though the Trinity Force Tactical Flip Up Sight is not as robust as other high-end models, it is an extremely affordable option. It is designed with an easy-to-reach knob at the front piece to allow you to tune its post on the fly based on the distance and elevation. This sight is made from a combination of aluminum and steel that gives it the extra strength and durability.
It is, therefore, sturdy and offers great value for money given its performance. This unit folds down out of view of your optics when not in use for utmost convenience. Besides, it boasts a horseshoe design that makes it extremely sophisticated and functional.
- This flip up sight is fully adjustable for elevation
- It is extremely lightweight given the metal used in construction
- The front and rear sights are nicely finished
- The knob can be a bit difficult to turn; however, everything else is on point
6. DD DAGGER DEFENSE Tactical Flip Up
With its versatile design, the DD DAGGER DEFENSE Tactical Flip Up Fits most standard Picatinny rail systems. It has the spring loaded feature that makes it convenient for rapid back up sights. Both the front and back sight are equipped with a push button for deployment in the up position. This flip up sight is made of aluminum alloy in black matte finish for exceptional strength, quality, durability, and performance.
It locks in the down position and lay flat when not in use. This unit has a push button that can be turned clockwise or anticlockwise to adjust the locking retention in the down position. Also, there is a dial knob located on the rear sight to allow for windage adjustment.
- This flip up sight has a good quality for the price
- It seems sturdy and can lock firmly to rail
- The spring loaded action makes operation very easy
- Alignment of the rear sight is a bit off but it works well regardless
7. UTG Low Profile Flip-up Rear Sight
Equipped with a universal mounting deck, the UTG Low Profile Flip-up Rear Sight locks easily onto any Picatinny rail. It is constructed of aircraft-grade aluminum with black anodized to deliver superior performance and durability. This unit is compact and lightweight, making it very easy to install and to operate.
It utilizes the spring-loaded design to allow you to put it up and down with as little effort as possible. This flip up sight is complete with dual aiming apertures suitable for moving target engagements or normal firing situations. Furthermore, it is designed to match the new generation slim flip-up front sight on the same level plane applications.
- This has a higher build quality and value
- It is nicely machined and assembled
- There is little to no slack or movement in the sight
- The sight is very easy to adjust by simply turning the knob
- It has a plastic ball bearing; however, this does not limit performance
8. Feyachi Flip Up Rear Front Iron Backup Sight
Machined from extremely durable aluminum and hard anodized, the Feyachi Flip Up Rear Front Iron Backup Sight can stand the test of time. It is compact and lightweight, thus it is very easy to install and to operate. The front sight is equipped with an adjustable A2 post and a ball bearing detent with posi-lock that locks into place automatically to prevent unobstructed folding.
Folding these sights is very simple as all you need to do is press the release button located on the left side. Plus, there is a unique offset position that makes transitioning from optical to iron sight very quick and easy.
- These flip up sights offer great value for money
- They are well-made with longevity in mind
- The sights mount tightly and solidly
- They come in two varieties to choose from
- The sights may come with a few manufacturer defects; however, these can be replaced
9. Ozark Armament Micro Flip Up Backup Sights
Low profile and lightweight, the Ozark Armament Micro Flip Up Backup Sights are easy to install and to operate. They are compatible with picatinny rails on which you can install using just one hand, no need for springs or levers. These sights are fully adjustable for windage and elevation to give you peerless performance.
They lock up in position and stay on target when you need it the most. With their compact design, these sights weigh 3.4oz and measure less than 1/2″ tall when folded. Better yet, they are backed by a 1-year warranty to reassure you of quality and performance.
- These sights have a good quality finish
- They hold to the rail tightly once mounted
- The sights are pretty decent for the price
- They have a functional and solid design
- The roll pins for both front and rear are a bit loose
Check also: Best Electric Log Splitters
10. FAB Defense Flip-Up Sights
The FAB Defense Flip-Up Sights are designed to fold and to mount on Mil-Spec Picatinny rails. They are built out of high-grade polymer and metal for extra strength and longevity. These sights have a lightweight and low-profile design that makes them very easy to install and to operate.
The front sight is designed for mounting to handguard on the same plane as a rear sight. Moreover, the rear sight is finger adjustable for windage while the front sight is adjustable for elevation, giving you utmost convenience.
- These sights are affordably priced
- They flip up and down very easily and still remain tight
- The design is user-friendly for peerless performance
- These sights are not as strong as others on the market
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Flip Up Sights
There are several styles of flip up sights in the market, making it difficult to choose the best one. However, the following factors will take you straight to the best one, have a look.
The best flip up sights should be of high-quality construction that can withstand operational abuse. Most of them are constructed of polymer, aluminum or steel materials. These materials are durable and sturdy to offer long-lasting durability. The last thing you want is to end up with a flimsy flip up sight that may fall apart after a few uses.
Foldable sights are preferred by most shooters due to their flexibility and convenience. A folding sight can flip out of the way when you don’t need it. And when you need to use, you just flip it up into position and shoot. In fact, folding sights are a practical choice for shooters who need to use their sights as back up sighting option.
Just like any other product, flip up sights are available at various prices. Choosing the best one requires you to find one that is within your budget. While most high-quality flip up sights tend to fetch a lot of money, you can still be able to find the best flip up sight without actually spending too much.
In this compilation, we bring you the best-performing flip up sights the market has to offer. Most of them are well-made, functional and above all very long-lasting. Choosing the perfect flip up sight is now entirely in your hands. So make sure you read through our reviews for the best pair of flip up sights.