Whether you just got a brand new espresso machine and looking for a tamper to match it or simply want to replace your old tamper, this article contains the best espresso tampers.
They come in different styles and sizes to enable you to find the right one for your espresso machine. The best tamper offers the correct pressure to ensure great tasting coffee each time. Most of them have ergonomic handles that make them easy to grip and to press.
The best part is that these espresso tampers are made from high-quality materials that make them rust-resistant. Thus, they are durable to last several uses.
Finding the best espresso tamper can be a daunting task given the several varieties available in the industry right now. Hence, you have to consider things such as durability, ease of use, ease of cleaning as well as the price.
These features are not all that make the best tamper but they will make you narrow down your choices and single out the ideal product. To make your search even simpler, we have compiled the following top 11 best reviews in 2019.
Therefore, read through carefully bearing in mind your taste and preferences to take home the right tamper.
11. Espro 3058F Calibrated Flat Tamper, 58 mm
Get consistent espresso each time with the Espro 3058F Calibrated Flat Tamper, 58 mm. It is factory calibrated to ensure you don’t have to calibrate it or adjust for peerless convenience. This tamper has a stainless steel base that is flat to deliver at least 30 pounds of tamping force.
It has an anodized aluminum handle that is easy to hold for better control. The tamper works by producing a subtle click that you feel so it won’t disturb the grinds and cause channeling.
It is available in two styles flat and convex to suit people with various preferences. Moreover, the tamper has a total weight of 1lb which is perfectly balanced for ease of use.
- High-quality construction and durability
- Comes in a variety of sizes to suit people with various needs and budgets
- Creates the perfect resistance against water for full saturation
- May come with minor shipping defects; otherwise, it works well
10. LuxHaus 49mm Espresso Tamper
Make your espresso taste better with every brew using the LuxHaus 49mm Espresso Tamper. It is pressure sensitive to ensure the coffee grounds in the portafilter are compacted with consistent pressure when it is fully compressed.
This tamper is constructed from food-grade stainless steel to provide safety and durable performance. It has an ergonomic handle that fits nicely in the hand for a comfortable grip and press.
Thus, this tamper is convenient to use, eliminating the guesswork out of tamping. It has a simple but timeless design to keep looking good and stylish from time to time. Furthermore, this tamper has a 49mm puck that fits most consumer espresso machines.
- Makes a great gift for a coffee lover
- The tamper is ergonomic and easy to use
- It has a professional size and quality that appears long-lasting
- Fits nicely into the drawer for easy storage
- There are a variety of sizes to suit people with different needs
9. Zoie + Chloe Stainless Steel Espresso Coffee Tamper
Crafted from premium stainless steel, the Zoie + Chloe Stainless Steel Espresso Coffee Tamper is hefty weight but not overly heavy. It has a flat and smooth bottom that distributes pressure evenly to make it easy to tamp down coffee.
This tamper has an ergonomic design so it feels great in the hand for convenient grip and press. It is available in three different colors including red, blue, and rose gold to fulfill the needs of people with various tastes.
This tamper is universal to fit all types of espresso and coffee machines. It is easy to clean as all you have to do is wipe it with a towel or hand-wash it. Moreover, the price is a bargain for the quality and performance you get.
- This tamper looks solid and very fancy
- It makes a great gift for a coffee enthusiast
- The size is great and it will make your coffee taste better
- May come with minor manufacturer defects; otherwise, it is a great purchase
8. Apexstone 49mm Espresso Tamper
The Apexstone 49mm Espresso Tamper is made of solid iron with chrome plating to resist rust and corrosion. It has a base diameter of 49mm and a height of 80mm to fit nicely into most espresso and coffee machines.
This espresso tamper has a total weight of 580g that makes it heavy-duty to give you a splendid experience of brewing a cup of coffee. Thus, it is ideal for tamping fresh ground espresso just before brewing.
This tamper is available in four various styles and sizes for you to choose from depending on your needs and preferences. What’s more, it is good looking and stylish so you can buy it as a gift for your loved one.
- This tamper is very easy to use and to clean
- It seems sturdy to last several uses
- Versatile and offers great value for money
- The handle and base don’t fit tightly after you remove them for cleaning
7. BlueSnail Coffee Tamper
Featuring a stainless steel external and iron internal parts, the BlueSnail Coffee Tamper is heavy-duty to give you the exceptional performance you are looking for. It is a high-quality and heavyweight to deliver the right pressure.
This tamper is, therefore, suitable for tamping fresh ground espresso before brewing. It has a flat base design to deliver consistent pressure when fully compressed. This unit has a sleek and shiny appearance that makes it attractive to go well with most coffee machines.
It has a diameter of 51mm and height of 80mm to fit into most espresso machines. The price is affordable for almost everyone to afford. Better yet, this tamper is easy to clean by hand-washing for simple maintenance.
- The tamper has a nice weight and is easy to use
- It is durably made to sustain the rigors of everyday use
- This model fits well in the palm of the hands for comfortable use
- The inner core flakes metal; otherwise, great unit
6. Espro 3049C Espresso Tamper, 49 mm
For consistent espresso each time, consider the Espro 3049C Espresso Tamper, 49 mm. It is factory calibrated so it doesn’t require calibration or adjustment. This coffee tamper has a convex base that makes it ideal for espresso baskets with slightly curved bottoms.
It boasts a stainless steel base with an anodized aluminum handle, making it a solid tool to deliver 30 pounds of tamping force. This tamper works by producing a subtle click that you feel rather than hear not to disturb the grinds and cause channeling.
Plus, it is available in different sizes including 58mm, 57mm, 53mm, 51mm, and 49m to fulfill the needs of different users.
- This tamper is available in flat and convex shapes to choose from
- It has an ergonomic handle to give you better control
- The tamper makes a great gift idea
- Seems sturdy to last several uses
- The tamper may come with a few shipping defects, but it works well
5. FEENM Calibrated Coffee Tamper
Being a 58mm base calibrated tamper, the FEENM Calibrated Coffee Tamper is a professional tool ideal for home and commercial use. It is made of food-grade 304 stainless steel which is solid and safe for you and your family’s health.
The tamper has an aluminum handle construction that is ergonomic and sturdy to give you great control and performance. Thus, it is anti-rust with a premium finish and exquisite appearance.
This espresso tamper has a flat base that distributes pressure uniformly for labor-saving performance. Thus, it is an ideal choice for barista and other coffee machines. In addition, this tamper is heavy-duty to produce 30 pounds of force feedback and great tasting espresso.
- This tamper is an extremely nice gift for any coffee lover
- It is easy to clean and to maintain
- Seems sturdy and durable
- It is heavy and feels good in the hand
- Offers great value for money
- The spring may stick and need lubrication sometimes
4. Omgogo Stainless Steel Coffee Tamper
Tamp your coffee ground and make it ready for the espresso machine using the Omgogo Stainless Steel Coffee Tamper. It has an ergonomic handle that feels comfortable in the hand for ease of use and control.
This tamper is 100% high-quality to ensure convenient grip and press every single time. It has a base diameter of 49mm that will fit well in most espresso or coffee machines.
This unit is constructed from 18/10 stainless steel material that is corrosion and rust-resistant to safeguard the health of your loved ones and last several uses. Better yet, it is available in different sizes to suit people with various needs and budgets.
- This tamper has a solid construction for extra durability
- It is as easy to use as it is to clean
- The ergonomic handle fits well in the hand and looks good too
3. Motalius 58mm Espresso Tamper
With the unibody stainless steel construction, the Motalius 58mm Espresso Tamper is food-grade and rust-free to safeguard the health of your loved ones.
It has an ergonomic design that makes it convenient to grip and press for a fresh espresso coffee. This tamper is well-made and versatile to be used as an ornament and paperweight.
It is beautifully made with classy styling, making it an excellent gift idea for a coffee lover. This model has a 58mm flat base that uniformly distributes pressure for splendid tamping results. What’s more, it is backed by a lifetime guarantee so you can buy with confidence.
- This tamper is easy to use and to clean
- It is ideal for home and commercial use
- The tamper gives the best tasting coffee
- It has a smooth design with no nooks or crannies
- This tamper is not perfectly flat
2. Benicci Espresso Coffee Tamper
The Benicci Espresso Coffee Tamper is professionally made from food-grade stainless steel in a single unibody design so it will never break if you drop it. It has some serious heft to it that makes it ideal for serious coffee brewers.
This tamper features a 58mm base to fit most commercial espresso machine portafilters. It weighs in at 1.4lbs which is heavy enough for crema and the best coffee.
This unit has an American convex surface that delivers uniform pressure for convenient coffee ground tamping. And it is complete with an ergonomic handle to provide a convenient grip and press every time.
- The tamper is well-made and highly durable
- It is backed by a lifetime warranty to boost your confidence in buying
- Looks good and works well too
- Easy to clean and to maintain
- It does not prevent tilted tamps or channeling
1. Rattleware 57mm Round-Handled Tamper
With a stainless steel base and ABS handle, the Rattleware 57mm Round-Handled Tamper is highly durable and impact resistant.
It is nice and heavy to provide the performance similar to those tampers found in high-end restaurants. This tamper is easy to clean as all you have to do is give it a quick wipe or wash it by hand.
It measures 57mm which is universal to fit into most espresso machines perfectly. This unit has an ergonomic handle that fits well in the hands for easy use. Moreover, it boasts a nice pebbled finish so it doesn’t slip around when in use.
- Works well and produces great results
- Looks good with a nice hefty feel
- The quality is great and it is not overpriced
- May come with minor defects; otherwise, it works well
If you are an all-time espresso lover, the only thing standing between you and that lovely coffee is the best espresso tamper. Having the best one will make you brew the best espresso with less effort. Given how difficult it can be to find the best espresso tamper, you need to go through the above reviews for the ideal unit.