Instead of spending money daily at your favorite café just to drink delicious espresso, simply invest in the best espresso machines under 200. Not only are these machines affordable but also they come with all the required accessories to help you make café-standard espresso.
Some manufacturers have taken it a notch higher to create versatile machines that can make lattes and cappuccinos as well. Whether you are an espresso addict or simply want to begin enjoying a freshly brewed espresso at home, we have got you covered.
This is owed to our in-depth top 10 reviews in 2019 that brings you the best espresso machines under 200 to choose from. Read through carefully for an outstanding machine that will take your espresso experience to a whole new level.
1. De’Longhi 15 BAR Pump Espresso Maker, EC155
Make your own delicious espresso at home with the De’Longhi 15 BAR Pump Espresso Maker, EC155. It is made of high-quality stainless steel broiler and 15 bar pump pressure to offer durable and reliable performance. This machine makes espresso preparation fast and simple, especially due to the patented dual function filter that lets you use pods and ground coffee. It is equipped with two separate thermostats which allow for water and steam pressure to be controlled individually, allowing you to brew espresso at the perfect temperature. Further, this machine boasts self-priming operation to eliminate the annoying start-up preparation for added convenience.
- It has a narrow footprint that fits on any countertop
- The machine has a removable water tank and drip tray for easy cleanup
- Makes rich, creamy froth each time
- The water reservoir is fairly small and needs to be refilled quite often
2. Mr. Coffee Automatic Dual Shot Espresso System
The Mr. Coffee Automatic Dual Shot Espresso System is equipped with the 15-bar pump system that uses powerful pressure to extract a dark, rich espresso brew. There is a dual shot brewing system to allow you to make 2 single shots at the same time. With this espresso machine, you can also make tasty cappuccinos and lattes; thanks to the frothing arm that quickly steams milk up to a creamy finish. This machine comes with a removable vertical water reservoir to ensure effortless refilling and cleaning. It is complete with a removable, washable drip tray to help keep your brew space neat and tidy. Besides, the machine comes with a tamping tool and recipes that will come in very handy.
- The machine seems sturdy and well-built
- It is very simple to use by beginners and professionals alike
- There is a light indicator to alert you when the process is complete
- It is only available in two colors to choose from
3. Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso Maker, Silver
With a semi-automatic 3-in-1design, the Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso Maker is well-suited to make a latte, cappuccino, and of course, espresso. It is designed with a one-touch control panel to allow you to choose from a single or double shot for your latte, espresso, or cappuccino. The machine features an electric 15 bar pump that creates powerful pressure for extra rich flavors during the brew. It comes with a removable water reservoir that is easy to refill and to clean in the sink. Also, there is a removable milk reservoir that you can use to store leftover milk not used during the brew in the refrigerator. What’s more, a recipe book has been included to help you get started on your home espresso brewing journey.
- This machine makes great espresso, latte, and cappuccino
- It is as easy to clean as it is easy to use
- There are three different colors for you to choose from
- May come with manufacturers flaws, otherwise great unit
4. Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker, Black
Featuring a tiny footprint, the Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker is stylish and compact to fit seamlessly into any kitchen countertop. The machine is lightweight and comes with an ergonomic handle to enable you to move it from one place to another. This espresso machine is equipped with a one-touch control panel to allow for simple operation each time. It operates on 19 bar high-pressure pump that delivers high pressure to produce rich flavors each time. This machine has a Nespresso capsule system to allow for high-quality coffees in sealed and reusable aluminum capsules. Moreover, each machine comes with a set of 16 capsules with different aromas so you can try them all to find your favorite.
- The folding drip tray accommodates larger cup sizes
- This machine has an energy saving mode for higher energy-efficiency
- It is available in a full palette of colors to choose from
- The machine only works with Nespresso coffee capsules
5. DeLonghi Espresso Maker, EC702
Brew espresso at home like a pro with the help of the DeLonghi Espresso Maker, EC702. The machine uses15-bar powerful pressure to produce quality results each time. It is equipped with a manual frother that mixes milk and steam to create rich, creamy froth for uniformly textured drinks. It features a 3-in-1 filter holder; one for an espresso shot, a holder for two shots, and one for an easy-serve espresso pod. There is an adjustable control knob to allow you to make modifications based on your individual taste and preferences. With the rapid cappuccino system, this unit maintains the ideal temperature to allow you to brew cup after cup at once. Plus, the automatic flow stop feature dispenses just the right amount of espresso each time.
- It comes with a large water tank that is easy to refill and to reattach
- The removable drip tray and water tank makes for simple cleaning
- The machine is very easy to operate and comes with a manual for the same
- It is not suitable for areas where temperatures may reach 32 degrees F
6. De’Longhi Nespresso Inissia Espresso Machine, Black
Consider the De’Longhi Nespresso Inissia Espresso Machine for an impeccable single-serve coffee or espresso cup each time. The espresso machine has a compact and stylish design that makes it fit nicely into any interior décor. It features an automatic operation and patented extraction system that delivers up to 19 bars of pressure. The machine is equipped with an adjustable cup size with two programmable Lungo and espresso buttons for maximum versatility. As a result, you can brew two different cup sizes say; Espresso (1.35 oz.) and Lungo (5 oz.) with the touch of a button. Also, there is a smart energy-saving mode that automatically switches off the machine after 9 minutes.
- Comes with the original Nespresso capsules for you to get started
- It is easy to use and makes coffee in just 25 seconds
- The drip tray can accommodate large single-serve cup sizes
- The water tank capacity is small so you will have to refill frequently
7. Breville Cafe Roma Espresso Maker, ESP8XL
Made of stainless steel housing, the Breville Cafe Roma Espresso Maker, ESP8XL is not only durable but also it will look good on any kitchen countertop. It is equipped with a 40.6oz water tank that holds more water to eliminate the need to refill every single time. At the same time, the water tank is removable to allow for easy cleanup. This espresso machine uses a 15-bar thermoblock pump that delivers high pressure to extract rich flavors. There is a dual-wall filter system to ensure excellent crema for barista-style aroma and taste. Other accessories include cleaning tool, measuring spoon, and stainless steel frothing pitcher tamping tool.
- The water tank is removable for easy cleaning
- The machine is very easy to use
- It makes a great shot every single time
- You need to follow the instructions keenly for you to achieve the perfect results
8. Breville the Barista Express Coffee Machine, BES870CBXL
Create café quality coffee at home using the Breville the Barista Express Coffee Machine, BES870CBXL. This unit lets you grind the beans right before extraction to help you make fresh and delicious espresso each time. It is equipped with interchangeable filters and a choice of automatic or manual operation to ensure an authentic café style result within no time. This espresso machine uses a thermocoil heating system to give you a quick heat up time and a clean taste. The built-in conical grinder is to allow you to grind the right amount of beans directly into the portafilter. And it is completely adjustable in grind size and dose so you can modify to your taste.
- The removable drip tray allows for easy cleanup
- The machine is equipped with a cleaning indicator that indicates when a cleaning cycle is needed
- It is durably crafted with a brushed stainless steel exterior
- The steamer is sort of messy
9. Breville Nespresso Vertuo Espresso Machine, Matte Black
The Breville Nespresso Vertuo Espresso Machine gives you the chance to create barista-style single-serve espresso or coffee cups at the touch of a button. Designed for use with Nespresso Vertuo capsules only, this machine comes with a wide range of 12 capsules to get you started. And it is very easy to use as all you need to do is insert the capsule where it will blend into freshly brewed coffee or authentic espresso. The espresso machine heats up in 15 seconds, meaning you will never have to wait too long for your favorite espresso to be ready. Additionally, it is equipped with energy-saving automatic shut-off at 9 minutes of inactivity.
- Comes with a removable easy-to-refill water tank
- The cup support is adjustable to three positions for optimal versatility
- The machine looks good and works just fine
- The coffee produced is not hot enough
10. De’Longhi Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo Espresso Machine, Graphite Metal
An extra-large 54oz water tank and a very large17 count capsule container make the De’Longhi Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo Espresso Machine stand out among the rest. Also, the machine only takes 15 seconds to heat up, meaning it will give you freshly brewed espresso in no time. It has a versatile design that makes it suitable for making coffee and espresso at home. This unit is designed with easy use in mind; thanks to the one-touch-button operation. It uses the innovative Nespresso’s Centrifusion TM technology using barcodes to deliver the best results every time. Better yet, it has an energy-saving system that goes off automatically after just 9 minutes to help cut some amount off your energy bill.
- It is available in numerous color options to choose from
- Comes with several varieties of vertuo capsules to get you started
- The cup tray height is adjustable to accommodate different cup sizes
- The machine makes some noise when brewing but it’s not too loud
Buyers Guide for the Best Espresso Machines Under 200
Below are a few factors that can lead you to the best espresso machine with no search at all, check them out.
To get the most out of the espresso machine you buy, make sure it can make other varieties other than just espresso. Most of these espresso machines are quite costly; hence you don’t want to end up buying several machines for every kind of coffee. Thus, an espresso machine that can make cappuccino, latte, espresso and more is a better option.
Ease of Use
The best espresso machine under 200 is one that is very easy to use. The last thing you want is to end up with an espresso machine that is quite complicated and difficult to operate. For a machine that is easy to use, consider one that has just one button for turning on and off.
The ease of cleaning should be among your top considerations when buying an espresso machine. This is because brewing coffee can get quite messy and also you will want to make fresh coffee in a clean machine each time. For a machine that is easy to clean, make sure it has some parts like the water tank, milk reservoir and the drip tray removable for simple cleaning.
Most people think that drinking espresso at their favorite café is affordable. On the contrary, it is way more expensive than having your own machine at home. So waste not any single opportunity that will help you save a few dollars by starting up with the best espresso machine under 200.