New chainsaws have sharp blades that work great at bringing down trees. But as time goes by, the blades of these chainsaws become dull. They, therefore, become very difficult to use to cut trees. As such, they are likely to consume a lot of your time let alone expose you to injuries. While having new saw chains may sound a quick solution, it is quite costly. You can also consider taking your chainsaw to a hardware store to have its saw chain sharpened, but this is costly as well. That being said, the most practical option is to consider the best electric chainsaw sharpeners.
With electric chainsaw sharpeners, you will be able to keep the saw chains of your chainsaw super sharp. Moreover, electric chainsaw sharpeners are cost-effective since they eliminate the need to pay for the saw chains of your chainsaw to be sharpened. However, before you buy an electric chainsaw sharpener, it is advisable that you take your time, considering the several brands on the market today. You need to go through more than a few reviews just to make sure you end up with the best ever product at a reasonable price. With that being said, keep on reading these reviews.
- 10.VEVOR Saw Chain Grinder with Grinding Wheels Chain Grinder
- 9. Yescom Electric Chain Saw Sharpener – 4800RPM
- 8. Oregon 410-120 Saw Chain Grinder
- 7. CO-Z Electric Chainsaw Sharpener Kit – with 2 Grinding Wheels
- 6. Drixet Chainsaw Sharpening & Filing Kit
- 5. STIHL Saw Chain Filing Kit (5605 007 1027)
- 4. Chicago Electric Chain Saw Sharpener
- 3. Katzco Chainsaw Sharpener File Kit
- 2. Chicago Electric Chain Saw Sharpener
- 1. Buffalo Tools ECSS Electric Chainsaw Sharpener
10.VEVOR Saw Chain Grinder with Grinding Wheels Chain Grinder
You cannot argue with the performance of this electric chainsaw sharpener. This is because the unit is constructed with sturdy cast aluminum that improves its performance. Moreover, this model comes equipped with safety guards and a work light to improve accuracy. And it can be mounted either on the wall or the bench for exceptional results when sharpening your saw chain. It is a high-performance unit that comes with grinding wheels 1/8 inch and 3/16 inch.
- Makes a great gift for someone who sharpens saw chains occasionally
- Arrives well packaged to protect parts from damage
- Simple to use and works very well
- Might come with a few flaws, but customer service is a good one
9. Yescom Electric Chain Saw Sharpener – 4800RPM
What makes this electric chainsaw sharpener to be considered as one of the best is the brake handle that enables it to hold the chain in place. Another exciting feature of this chain saw sharpener is the chain vise that adjusts to fit all chain pitches and designs. What’s more, this unit comes with a grinding wheel with arbor. And its grinding speed is up to 4800 RPM, which is just fine. This chainsaw sharpener can be mounted on the bench or wall for convenient use.
- Sharpens saw chains nicely
- The price is hard to beat
- It is shipped promptly to avoid inconveniences
- The instructions could be better
8. Oregon 410-120 Saw Chain Grinder
What we like about this electric saw chain grinder is the one-way motor rotation for undeniable safety. We are also pleased with the fact that this saw chain grinder has a built-in light that further improves safety. Another reason why this grinder for saw chains is preferred by most people is that it comes with 3 grinding wheels for sharpening ¼ inch, 3/8 inch Low Profile, .325 inch, .325, 3/8 inch, .404 inch, ¾ inch pitch chain.
- Feels hefty and solid
- Well made and easy to set up
- Great for someone who sharpens saw chains professionally
- Cost-effective and easy to use
- Instructions could be more detailed
7. CO-Z Electric Chainsaw Sharpener Kit – with 2 Grinding Wheels
What you get when you buy this electric chainsaw are tons of adjustments. The chain grinding angle is adjustable from 0 degrees to 30 degrees and the motor is adjustable from 0 degrees to 70 degrees. Because of these tons of adjustments, the chainsaw sharpener can sharpen a variety of saw chains. It is built to last, and this is justified by solid cast aluminum construction, which comes equipped with reinforced hinges to improve sturdiness and performance.
- The company stands behind their products
- Sharpens saw chains in minutes
- Easy to set up and to use
- The manufacturer should provide extra protection to discs to prevent them from breaking easily during shipping
6. Drixet Chainsaw Sharpening & Filing Kit
You cannot get it wrong with a sharpening kit that includes 3 round files, filing field guide, handle, depth gauge, racer file, and a travel case. The kit comes complete to make sure you have all the tools for sharpening your saw chains. All the tools are well made with high-end steel for unrivaled longevity and great strength. Furthermore, the filing holder of this electric saw chain sharpener comes equipped with two clips to support the file during filing.
- Simple enough to be used by first-timers
- The price is inexpensive
- Makes chainsaws cut like new again
- Makes sharpening the saw blades a breeze
- Files could be of better quality
5. STIHL Saw Chain Filing Kit (5605 007 1027)
This kit includes a filing guide, a tool pouch, a flat file with handle, a round file with handle, and a depth gauge tool. It has all the basic tools needed to sharpen a saw chain. The kit is easy to carry and to store because of the tool pouch. This means once you are done using the tools, simply store them in the included tool pouch. Despite being complete, this filing kit is affordably priced. It is, therefore, great for anyone on a budget.
- Cost effective; eliminates the need to pay for sharpening
- Makes quick work of sharpening saw chains
- Arrives quickly enough despite the vendor being from England
- The file leaves a lot to be desired
4. Chicago Electric Chain Saw Sharpener
There is a reason why this electric chainsaw sharpener is on demand. And the reason is that it works quickly and easily at sharpening saw chains. Another reason why people love this electric chain saw sharpener is that it is built with versatility in mind. It has a built-in chain vise that adjusts to all chain designs and pitches, so you can have a precise and accurate angle of cut every time. The unit also features a convenient vise handle that will allow you to vise tension without taking your hand off it.
- Works with a variety of chain designs
- Sharpens saw chains quickly and easily
- The price is great for the quality
- None so far
3. Katzco Chainsaw Sharpener File Kit
You possibly need more than one tool to get your chainsaw into its perfect shape. And that’s where the Katzco Chainsaw Sharpener File Kit comes in handy. It comes with every field tool to make the task of sharpening a saw chain easy breezy. The tools include round files (7/32”, 3/16”, and 5/32”), fine tooth file, hardwood handle, and depth-gauge tool. The tools are ergonomically designed with a comfortable grip to ensure that you enjoy using them.
- The price is very competitive
- The kit does everything it is made to do
- Tools are small for optimum portability
- The differently sized round files are great
- Not suitable for heavy use
2. Chicago Electric Chain Saw Sharpener
An electric chainsaw sharpener that can be mounted on the bench, vise or wall is worth spending money on because it is super convenient. That being said, we are certain that you will like this electric chain saw sharpener. It boasts a 4200RPM grinding speed; hence, expect it to get the job done in a snap. Other features of this saw sharpener are large side safety guard and chain rotation rollers that advance links. The features make the saw sharpener powerful as well as easy to use.
- Eliminates the need to pay to have your chainsaw sharpened
- The sharpener has three mounting options
- Makes sharpening chainsaws much easier than ever before
- The build quality could be better
1. Buffalo Tools ECSS Electric Chainsaw Sharpener
Another product that is on demand is this one from Buffalo Tools. With it, you will not just be able to keep your chainsaw in top condition but also you will be able to save money that you would have spent on sharpening your chainsaw. It is adjustable, so it can work with all the most popular chain designs. Furthermore, this unit boasts a grinding speed of 4200 RPM, and this enables it to sharpen saw chains within a cinch.
- Great for DIYers and homeowners
- Saves time; makes sharpening saw chains a quick task
- Setup is easy and intuitive
- The price is reasonable
- Versatile and lasts long enough with proper care
- Instructions could be better
That’s all we prepared for you today. We hope you not only enjoyed reading the article but also you were able to find a suitable electric chainsaw sharpener for your needs. The chainsaw sharpeners are from different brands and have varying prices, so you can easily settle for what is best for you.