Today, we are going to talk about the best double din head units for sound quality. These units are the latest in car stereo technology. They are specifically designed to give you exceptional music sound quality for an entertaining road trip experience.
Most of these double din units feature large touchscreen monitors for the ease of use. They are very versatile to function as radios and DVD or CD players. The double dins are compatible with USB devices, SD cards, as well as Bluetooth devices so you can stream music from any outlet.
Finding the best double din unit for your car can be a bit daunting given the several varieties the market has to offer. However, with our top 10 best reviews in 2019, finding the best double din is now as easy as pie.
- 1. BOSS Audio Double Din– BV9364B
- 2. BOSS Audio Double Din, BV9351B
- 3. Jensen VX7020 Double Din
- 4. BOSS Audio Car Stereo Double Din, 820BRGB
- 5. Pioneer Double Din AVH-X390BS
- 6. Pioneer Double Din AVH-X490BS
- 7. Power Acoustik PDN Double Din 626B
- 8. Pyle Double Din Car Stereo
- 9. Planet Audio Double Din, P9630B
- 10. ATOTO A6 Double Din Android Car Stereo
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Double Din Head Units for Sound Quality
1. BOSS Audio Double Din– BV9364B
Ramp-up your music choices on your next road trip with the BOSS Audio Double Din BV9364B. This unit is designed with an auxiliary input system to enable you to connect the audio output to either your phone or MP3 player. It is Bluetooth enabled to allow for hands-free streaming of music from APPs such as Pandora and Spotify when you connect it to your smartphone. This double din head unit supports USB flash drive files of up to 32 GB for music playback on devices without monitors. It is easy to operate as you can control it using the vehicles already existing steering wheel. Besides, this unit comes with a built-in 1A charger to enable you to charge USB connected devices.
- This unit is very easy to install
- The display screen is very clear
- The price is affordable for almost everyone
- The volume control goes from low to high; it has no in between
2. BOSS Audio Double Din, BV9351B
Designed with a digital touchscreen monitor, the BOSS Audio Double Din, BV9351B is easy to use and to control. It comes with an auxiliary input and SD memory card port to allow you to connect to an external device to enjoy music through your system. This double din unit is Bluetooth enabled to allow for wireless hands-free calling and music listening when you pair with your smartphone. It is equipped with a wireless remote control to give you easy access to key functions from the palm of your hand. Moreover, this unit features a selectable tuner function that lets you adjust to receive radio broadcast in either the US or Europe.
- This unit sounds nice and plays DVDs perfectly
- The included back up camera is clear and works great
- The price is a bargain for the quality and functionality you get
- The remote must be aligned perfectly or it will not work well
3. Jensen VX7020 Double Din
The Jensen VX7020 Double Din easily pairs with a wide array of Bluetooth devices to allow you to make and answer calls hands-free when you are streaming music. It is loaded with numerous built-in features to ensure you can always listen or watch anything you want whilst on the road. This unit has a 6.2 inches touchscreen monitor to ensure a comfortable viewing experience while keeping all your favorite programs within fingers reach. It comes with all road maps in the navigation system that displays vibrant and easy to read street maps. For added convenience, this double din boasts built-in steering wheel controls to enable you to control certain functions of your car stereo.
- The high-resolution screen provides the ultimate viewing experience
- This double din unit is very easy to use
- It has the option of installing a backup camera
- The volume can be awfully high when you start or restart the double din
4. BOSS Audio Car Stereo Double Din, 820BRGB
Transform your car into your own sanctuary by introducing the BOSS Audio Car Stereo Double Din, 820BRGB. It is equipped with over 16 million color combinations to allow you to set different tones each day of the week. There is an auxiliary input system to give you a convenient way of hooking up your MP3 device. At the same time, this double din features a USB port to provide you with an option to have a wide library of audio files at your fingertips. It is Bluetooth enabled to allow you to answer and make calls hands-free with no distractions. In addition, this unit comes with front and rear pre-amp outputs to enable you to hook up your speakers for the best music experience in your vehicle.
- This double din comes with wireless remote control for easy operation
- It is easy to install since it is designed to fit standard double din openings
- The big buttons and beautiful lighting makes navigation very simple
- This unit lacks an illumination lead for varying display brightness
5. Pioneer Double Din AVH-X390BS
Blend songs in your car the DJ-way when you have the Pioneer Double Din AVH-X390BS. It has a large display screen of 6.2 inches to show clear information of the time and other key features. There is an LED backlight to allow for clear illumination and navigation of programs. This double din unit features 5 display colors and 112 key colors to allow you to choose from according to your needs. It has brightness control as well as on/off dimmer setting to allow for optimum versatility. With its multi-language display, this double din has Spanish, Chinese, English, French, and Portuguese to suit people from various parts of the worlds. What’s more, it is Bluetooth enabled so you can pair with your Bluetooth device to stream music from any system.
- This system is easy to install and to use
- The sound quality is excellent and customizable
- The interior settings seem pretty intuitive
- The Auto EQ doesn’t seem to work very well
6. Pioneer Double Din AVH-X490BS
Multiple audio codecs, high-quality FLAC codec, and high-grade audio parts are the innovative features included in the Pioneer Double Din AVH-X490BS to produce excellent sound. Thus, it is suitable for making your car music as unique as you are. This double din head unit is crafted with a Bluetooth system that allows you to make and receive calls hands-free when you pair with your smartphone. Also, it has a dual phone connection so you can connect two different phones at the same time. This unit comes with a remote control to give you easy access to the key features. As if that is not enough, its multi-language display shows English, Spanish, French, Chinese, and Portuguese for optimum versatility.
- It has 5 display colors or maximum customization
- There is an LED backlight to enhance daytime visibility
- The sound quality produced is amazing
- This double din is a bit slow to reload if you are playing music via USB
7. Power Acoustik PDN Double Din 626B
The Power Acoustik PDN Double Din 626B can handle USB flash drive, DVD, CD, MP3 player, 64GB SD card, as well as MP4 video files. Thus, it is giving you several options for playing your favorites music in any format. This double din unit is equipped with a turn-by-turn GPS navigation of the USA, Mexico, and Canada so you can easily use it when in any of these places. It has a 6.2 inches LCD touchscreen monitor with a widescreen resolution to display information in larger formats. There is an LED backlight in the monitor to allow for daylight visibility without straining. Moreover, this double din accepts a Fahrenheit OEM and steering wheel control interface for the ease of use.
- This double din accepts a built-in microphone and external microphone
- The quality is great and fits the bill
- The screen is extremely responsive
- May come with manufacturers defects, otherwise, this unit is great
8. Pyle Double Din Car Stereo
With the built-in microphone for hands-free calling, the Pyle Double Din Car Stereo is safe and easy to use. It has a large screen display of 7 inches with touchscreen control operations for added convenience. This double din comes with a USB flash drive slot, auxiliary input, CD, and DVD player to enable you to play music from any device. It is compatible with Bluetooth-enabled devices to allow for wireless streaming, hotspot connection, surfing the web and even downloading apps. This car receiver boasts AM/FM radio with 30 station memory and customizable EQ audio controls. Moreover, it comes with a remote control for easy operation and added convenience.
- This double din unit is easy to install and to set up
- It allows you to adjust the video settings using the on-screen menu
- The sound quality produced is great for the money
- The scroll sliding bar on the screen is difficult to control since it is small and sensitive
9. Planet Audio Double Din, P9630B
Maintain your entertainment for miles with the Planet Audio Double Din, P9630B. It is designed with auxiliary input system to enable you to slide in a DVD, CD, or simply hook your smartphone to stream music from any system. There is a wireless remote control included to enable you to change music with much ease. This double din unit is Bluetooth enabled to allow you to make and receive calls when your smartphone is paired and plugged in. Also, it enables you to charge USB devices with the USB charging port included. In addition, this unit boasts a large touchscreen monitor to display all the key features for easy operation
- The Bluetooth pairs well and the DVDs load quickly
- This double din produces clear and great quality sound
- It has many adjustments to enable you to customize the sound
- The background on the display is not the best, but it is a good value for the money
Check also: Best Cheap Projectors Under 100
10. ATOTO A6 Double Din Android Car Stereo
The ATOTO A6 Double Din Android Car Stereo has lots of inputs and outputs customized to work better in a car. It is equipped with a built-in EasyConnect app to allow you to cast what is displayed on the phone to the screen via USB or Wi-Fi. This double din is loaded with 23 frequently used functions for responding to the steering wheel for safe and easy operation. It is Bluetooth-enabled to allow you to access the internet as well as make and receive calls when you pair with your smartphone. Besides, this double din comes in several varieties at various prices to meet various needs and budgets.
- The radio is very good and works well
- This double din is easy to install and to operate
- The display screen is very intuitive
- The built-in equalizer is not the best, but it works though
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Double Din Head Units for Sound Quality
Below are some of the factors you need to consider in order to arrive at the best double din with a minimal search.
The best double din head unit for sound quality is one that is easy to set up and to install. The last thing you want is to end up with a complicated unit that is not easy to install. Therefore, check out if the unit comes with a user’s manual to give you a heads up on the installation process.
To get the most out of the double din head unit you buy, ensure it has daylight visibility for the ease of use during the day. This is because most of the time you use your car during the day and you want the double din to be visible enough for simple navigation. Hence, you should check if it has an LED backlight feature.
In this digital era, almost every device works with smartphones. Thus, for maximum versatility, ensure the double din you purchase is compatible with your smartphone so you can easily stream music from the systems in your phone. In this case, consider a double din with Bluetooth compatibility as well as an auxiliary input system to allow you to connect to other devices.
When it comes to finding the best double din head unit, there are several factors to consider including the display size, availability of remote control, and resolution among others. While we can advise you on how to find and even where to find the best one, choosing the best double din unit is all in your hands. So make the right decision by going through our in-depth reviews.