As a pet owner, you probably understand that any change in routine may cause stress and anxiety to your dog. However, with the best dog calming aids, you can be able to control your pet’s stress and anxiety to make them calm down when faced with stressful situations.
Since most pets may resist eating these calming aids, most manufacturers have taken it a notch higher to flavor them. This entices and tricks your dog into eating them without any problems.
Most of these calming aids are effective and will work within 30 minutes of administration and last for at least 4 hours. Whether you have had pets for ages or trying out for the very first time, the following top 10 best reviews in 2020 will help you find the right calming aid for your dog.
- List of The Best Dog Calming Aids in 2020
- 1. Zesty Paws Calming Aid for Dogs
- 2. VetriScience Laboratories- Composure, Calming Supplement for Dogs
- 3. NaturVet Quiet Moments Plus Melatonin
- 4. pawlife Calming Aid for Dogs
- 5. Particular Paws Dog Calming Aid
- 6. Lively Pets Best Calming Aid
- 7. K9 Nature Supplements Dog Calming Treats
- 8. planopaws Safe Calming Treats for Dogs
- 9. Vet’s Best Comfort Calming Dog Supplements
- 10. PETIPET Dog Calming Treats
- Buyers Guide for the Best Dog Calming Aids
List of The Best Dog Calming Aids in 2020
1. Zesty Paws Calming Aid for Dogs
Featuring a blend of beneficial ingredients in chewable supplements, the Zesty Paws Calming Aid for Dogs helps dogs feel calm and comfortable in any condition.
Each chew contains Thiamine and organic chamomile which acts as a relaxer to reduce jumping, barking, and biting in dogs that display hyperactive tendencies.
To help your dog enjoy this treat, it is equipped with a light turkey flavor made from organic ingredients like ginger root, passion flower, and L-Tryptophan among others.
Thus, this calming treat encourages natural anti-anxiety relief for a thunderstorm, car rides, fireworks, and separation anxiety. And it is available in various flavors and at various prices to meet various needs and budgets.
- Helps with hyperactive and aggressive behavior
- Promotes relaxation with no drowsy effects
- Each pack contains around 90 chews
- Reduces stress, restlessness, and paw licking
- May not work well if the recommended dose is exceeded
2. VetriScience Laboratories- Composure, Calming Supplement for Dogs
The VetriScience Laboratories- Composure, Calming Supplement for Dogs contains Thiamine, l-theanine, and colostrum all of which are recognized to support relaxation and calmer behavior.
Clinically, composure has shown to work within 30 minutes and the results last for up to 4 hours. It is a behavioral aid that is most effective when combined with a nutritious diet. The supplement has a chicken liver flavor that your dog will think is a treat.
It can be administered on a daily basis or on specific occasions. This supplement can be given in double or triple dosages to achieve the desired results.
It is safe and effective for long-term, everyday use since it is not a sedative. Additionally, the supplement is available in chew and liquid formulas for you to choose from.
- Helps to prevent aggressive behavior
- Contains naturally sourced ingredients with no harmful effects
- Helps dogs manage everyday stress
- The results will vary depending on your dog’s size, age, and temperament
3. NaturVet Quiet Moments Plus Melatonin
Formulated with natural melatonin, the NaturVet Quiet Moments helps to promote rest and relaxation. Hence, you can administer it to your dog when hosting guests or heading out to town.
This supplement contains Thiamin and L-Tryptophan great for stress and tension caused by thunderstorms, fireworks, traveling or separation anxiety.
It contains added ginger to provide relief for dogs with sensitive stomachs. The supplement comes in 70 counts of tasty soft chews recommended for dogs aged 12 weeks and above.
It is advisable to administer the dosage 30 minutes prior to stressful situations. Further, this supplement is available in various quantities to meet various needs and budgets.
- Maintains a normal nervous system
- Helps to manage tension, stress, and anxiety in dogs
- Comes with 100% money back guarantee if it doesn’t work for you
- It is highly recommended for dogs while traveling by car, boat, or plane
- May cause adverse effects if the recommended dosage is exceeded
4. pawlife Calming Aid for Dogs
Whether your dog suffers from weather-related woes, separation anxiety, or displays other types of nervous behavior, get the pawlife Calming Treats for Dogs.
It is formulated with all natural ingredients including valerian root, ginger root, organic chamomile, organic passionflower, and l-tryptophan. Hence, it is a natural formula for alleviating symptoms of stress and anxiety in dogs as well as calming nervous and hyperactive dogs.
This supplement is, therefore great for traveling, holiday gatherings, and anytime your dog exhibits symptoms of anxiousness. It has a delicious duck flavor that your dog will consider a treat so you won’t have problems administering.
Furthermore, this supplement is free of fillers such as dairy, corn, artificial colors, and soy, making it mild and safe for your dog.
- This supplement is palatable, effective and a great deal
- Works well for anxious dogs in stressful situations
- The natural ingredients ensure no harmful effects
- May not work for all dogs, and if this happens to you the manufacturer offers a money back guarantee
5. Particular Paws Dog Calming Aid
Help your dog feel calm and comfortable during times of stress with the Particular Paws Dog Calming Aid. It has been formulated using herbs straight from Mother Nature to treat your pet’s condition without the risk of narcotic exposure.
These herbs include ginger, chamomile flower, passion flower, Thiamine Mononitrate, and L-Tryptophan. The herbs target the neuroreceptors to slow down the activation of the neurotransmitter.
Thereby, relaxing your dog to help them stay calm and composed when faced with a stressful situation. This supplement is available in time-release capsules that the body will continue to break down while continuously utilizing the active ingredients throughout the day.
- Promotes organ health during times of stress
- Reduces diarrhea and other stomach-related issues
- It is great for travels if your dog doesn’t travel well
- Reduces anxiety and alleviated nausea
- May make your dog become a bit sleepy, otherwise, it works exactly as it should
6. Lively Pets Best Calming Aid
With a natural inhibitory neurotransmitter, the Lively Pets Best Calming Aid reduces the amount of nerve cell activity in times of extreme stress or anxiety.
It is equipped with all natural ingredients including passion flower, chamomile, ginger root, and L- Tryptophan. As a result, the calming aid reduces symptoms of separation anxiety, vomiting, diarrhea, travel anxiety, and stomach upset.
This supplement comes in soft chicken flavor chews that your dog will find tasty, making it easy to administer.
You can give the dosage to calm your dog when in nervous situations like thunderstorms, vet visits, fireworks, car rides, and crowded public places among others. Each package includes around 100 chews that will serve you long enough before you can refill.
- Works pretty quickly at calming a nervous dog
- Improves the quality of life for most dogs
- The chews work well to help stabilize your dog’s moods
- Your dog may feel a little drowsy after taking the supplements, it is normal
7. K9 Nature Supplements Dog Calming Treats
Consider the K9 Nature Supplements Dog Calming Treats for a more calm and relaxed dog the natural way.
It has been clinically proven to naturally aid in alleviating stress, nervousness, separation anxiety, stress-induced behaviors, and social anxiety among others.
This supplement helps dogs endure fireworks, thunderstorms, loud noises, grooming nail trimming visits, and other hypersensitivities.
It has a natural blend of herbs including ginger root, chamomile flower, passion flower, and Tryptophan to promote a relaxed and stress-free dog.
The all-natural ingredients composition ensure the supplement is totally safe for your dog with no side effects as seen in most dog anxiety medications. Also, this calming treat can act as a dog sleep aid for car, plane, and boat rides.
- The calm chews are easy to give alone or crumble on top of your dog’s food
- Takes the edge off the panic
- Works well under thunderstorm conditions
- May lead to serious implications if not administered according to the instructions
8. planopaws Safe Calming Treats for Dogs
The planopaws Safe Calming Treats for Dogs boasts advanced superior calming formulas to offer the best relief to help calm and relax your dog.
It comes in tasty chicken flavored chews that your dog will consider more of a treat than aid. With 100% natural formulation, this calming treat is suitable for small dogs, medium dogs, and large dogs.
It is manufactured in FDA-inspected facility to ensure superior quality with no grains, soy, wheat, salt or sugars. The treat focuses on treatment of dog anxiety so you can rest assured it is safe and effective for your dog.
It is mainly composed of 5 powerful ingredients including organic chamomile, organic ginger root, organic passionflower, and L-Tryptophan to help calm and support without the expensive price tag.
Thus, this calming treat helps with motion sickness, aggressiveness, inappropriate barking, and storm anxiety among others.
- It is much easier to use than a thunder vest
- It is effective and much safer than prescription meds
- Prevents inappropriate and destructive behavior
- May come with shipping flaws, otherwise great product
9. Vet’s Best Comfort Calming Dog Supplements
Densely packed with active ingredients, the Vet’s Best Comfort Calming Dog Supplements provide a high level of bioavailability for optimal absorption.
It is a veterinarian-formulated calming treat that supports balanced behavior and promotes relaxation with a once-a-day supplement. The supplement comes in soft chews to give you the ease and simplicity of a once-a-day dosage or it can be administered as needed.
It is infused with natural ocean kelp to provide antioxidants and prebiotics to reduce the effects of normal environmental stress and support a healthy system.
Furthermore, the supplement boasts a soothing blend of tryptophan and natural chamomile, thiamine, valerian root, and ginger root for non-drowsy relaxation.
- Promotes balanced behavior
- One package contains 30 chew supplements
- It works well for dogs and puppies
- May not work for all dogs
10. PETIPET Dog Calming Treats
Composed of carrots and apples fortified with organic hemp, passion flower, and chamomile, the PETIPET Dog Calming Treats deliver an effective and healthy calming treat for dogs.
Each package comes with 180 bars of chewable supplements for easy administrations. with one supplement each day, this calming treat offers good value for over a month’s supply of calming relief even for the largest dogs.
All ingredients are human-grade and are produced in a human food facility under the same quality you demand in your own diet. This means, the calming treat is safe for your dog, and therefore, will not cause any harmful effects. Hence, it will naturally relax your dog by promoting stress and anxiety relief.
- It is suitable for puppies and big dogs
- The soft chew form is less messy and easier for the dog
- It has a tasty composition your dog will love
- It doesn’t work for all dogs, but there is a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied
Buyers Guide for the Best Dog Calming Aids
Consider the following factors for the best dog calming aids
Dog calming treats are available in various tastes depending on the decisions specific companies make. Buying a flavored dog treat will trick your dog into eating it without a fuss, which is exactly what you want, isn’t it? The most common flavors include chicken, duck, turkey, and a variety of other meats so you can choose from depending on what your dog likes most.
When shopping for the best dog calming treats, ensure it is packaged in a manner that lets you see a full list of all the ingredients included in the chews. This will help you determine whether the calming aid is safe for your dog before purchasing. Usually, most reputable brands will include all the ingredients and anxiety remedy recipes for you to find the best for your dog.
Although most dog calming treats are basically aimed at relieving stress and anxiety, finding one with great nutritional value is a plus. Therefore, consider a dog calming aid carefully formulated to preserve all the nutrients. Such that, all the nutrients remain undisturbed until the chews dissolve completely in your dog’s mouth.
It is no doubt that every pet owner would like to find the best calming aid for their dog. However, it gets quite complicated with the numerous brands available in the industry right now. Luckily, this compilation brings you 10 selective products that are doing well at the moment. So make sure you read through in order to discover the right one for your dog.