Technology is fast taking over everything and this includes pens and papers. This is owed to the introduction of the best digital notebooks. Unlike ordinary pens/pencils and papers, digital notebooks allow you to write without the mess of ink and torn papers. A digital notebook is well-made with erasing function to allow you to use it over and over without replacing.
Most of them are battery powered so you can just replace or recharge the battery depending on the design. The best part is that digital notebooks support all kinds of writing including arithmetic, drawings and normal texts to give you optimum versatility. Check out the following top 10 best reviews in 2019 for one or two digital notebooks that will suit all your needs.
- 1. Boogie Board 8.5-Inch LCD Writing Tablet
- 2. Sunany 8.5″ LCD Writing Tablet
- 3. Boogie Board LCD Writing Tablet with Bluetooth
- 4. Boogie Board Jot 4.5 LCD Writing Tablet
- 5. XP-Pen Star05 V2 Digital Tablet
- 6. Wacom Bamboo Slate Digital Notebook, CDS610S
- 7. NEWYES LCD Writing Tablet
- 8. Boogie Board Blackboard Writing Tablet
- 9. GAOMON Digital Pen Tablet M106K
- 10. Parblo Island A609 Digital Drawing Tablet
- Buyers Guide for the Best Digital Notebook
1. Boogie Board 8.5-Inch LCD Writing Tablet
Join the paperless writing revolution with the Boogie Board 8.5-Inch LCD Writing Tablet. When you purchase this digital notebook, you get a boogie board ewriter, attachable magnets, stylus, stylus clip, and user guide. With this tablet, you can write or draw with the included stylus or any other instrument including your own finger.
It is very simple to use so you can use it for appointment reminders, to-do lists, and leaving messages to others. This digital notebook operates on a sealed 3v battery that provides over 50,000 erase cycles. Moreover, its case and LCD are made from durable, shatterproof, and non-toxic plastic to sustain daily abuse.
- This writing tablet allows you to erase images with the touch of a button
- It is ultra-thin and lightweight to fit easily into a purse, backpack or scheduler
- The LCD surface is pressure-sensitive for easy cleaning and maintenance
- The writing color is a dull grey that is difficult to see in the dark
2. Sunany 8.5″ LCD Writing Tablet
With LCD and ABS material design, the Sunany 8.5″ LCD Writing Tablet is non-toxic, safe, and anti-fall to offer long-lasting durability. It has an ultra-light body weighing just 3.95 ounces for easy handling and portability. This writing tablet comes with 2 stylus pens to enable you to use one while you keep the other as backup.
It has 2 magnets included to enable you to attach the tablet on a metal refrigerator to leave messages for others. This notebook has a multipurpose design that makes it suitable for use by adults and kids alike. In addition, it is powered by a built-in sealed button battery to allow you to write more than 100,000 times.
- This tablet comes with an extra battery at no extra cost
- Its writing is easy to erase using just one key
- The display is readable in natural lighting conditions
- The pen may be difficult for a kid to place back in the clip; however, the tablet is awesome
3. Boogie Board LCD Writing Tablet with Bluetooth
Replace those messy dry erase makers with the Boogie Board LCD Writing Tablet with Bluetooth. It is ideal for business people, students, artists, doctors, and contractors among others. This writing tablet is Bluetooth-enabled to enable you to share notes across all your devices via Bluetooth.
It is equipped with a sync app to allow for simple and quick access to notes and brainstorming sessions. There is a whiteboard feature included to enable you to create folders, show notes live and even share them in PDF form. Better yet, this tablet operates on a rechargeable battery that can last up to 5 days under normal use.
- This device is ultra-thin and super light
- It has durable construction that makes it perfect for use everywhere
- The tablet allows you to write, save, and share texts
- The Bluetooth connectivity lets you connect up to 3 devices simultaneously
- The contrast is a little low; hence, it may be difficult to read in poorly lit conditions
4. Boogie Board Jot 4.5 LCD Writing Tablet
Draw, sketch, scribble and erase easily with the Boogie Board Jot 4.5 LCD Writing Tablet. It utilizes patented crystal liquid technology to give you a natural pen on paper experience. This writing pad is ultra-lightweight yet durable to withstand the rigors of daily use. When you write on it the image stays as long as you need it to and it can be erased with the touch of a button.
Thus, it is a perfect unit for construction workers, students, moms, children, as well as waiters and waitresses. Moreover, this writing tablet comes with a stylus pen and an integrated onboard stylus holder that fits seamlessly onto the holder when on the go or not in use.
- This tablet has an ergonomic design that feels great in the hand
- It enables you to create messages again and again without the need to charge or connect
- This notebook eliminates the need for scratch pads, papers, and sticky notes
- The writing area runs small, otherwise, this tablet is terrific
5. XP-Pen Star05 V2 Digital Tablet
The XP-Pen Star05 V2 Digital Tablet is compatible with wired and wireless USB to give you optimum versatility. Thus, you can connect it to your computer and draw wirelessly using the ISM 2.4G and FHSS. This tablet has a battery-free design to allow you to work and draw without unexpected interruptions.
It is equipped with 6 touch-sensitive shortcut keys to provide you with quick access to most commonly used functions. The working area measures 8 X 5 inches to give you ample space to draw and paint comfortably. Furthermore, this writing tablet is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems for maximum versatility.
- This notebook comes with a manual to guide you on usage
- It is compact for easy portability
- The tablet is loaded with great features at an amazingly low price
- The side button is very touch-sensitive; otherwise, great device
6. Wacom Bamboo Slate Digital Notebook, CDS610S
Capture your thoughts and ideas in a neat slate using the Wacom Bamboo Slate Digital Notebook, CDS610S. It is equipped with Wacom app to allow you to convert your notes to digital texts, edit and change them into PDF, JPG, and other formats. This tablet is compatible with iOS, Android Smartphones, and Bluetooth-enabled devices to provide you with peerless versatility.
It allows you to turn a new page while also saving your already written work with the touch of a single button. Besides, the Inkspace app included lets you search and locate a previously saved note much easily.
- This slate is small and easy to hold in one hand
- It is suitable for use by people of all ages and professions
- The handwriting recognition is excellent
- The pen writes amazingly and the app is user-friendly
- It does not offer wide compatibility options
7. NEWYES LCD Writing Tablet
The NEWYES LCD Writing Tablet works just like a pen and paper except that it uses one single button to erase all. It can be used up to 100,000 times, saving you lots of money that you would otherwise spend on papers and pencils. Thus, this notebook is suitable for a list maker who uses two or three sheets of paper on a daily basis.
Also, it makes a perfect writing tool for a left-handed person who always gets ink on their hands when using the ordinary notebook. Keep in mind that this notebook comes in an array of colors for you to choose from.
- This tablet makes a great gift idea for kids and adults alike
- It is ideal for arithmetic as well as other kinds of writing
- This tablet is easy to use and each note is neatly displayed
- It may come with minor manufacturer flaws; if not, it works well
8. Boogie Board Blackboard Writing Tablet
Save paper and trees by investing in the Boogie Board Blackboard Writing Tablet. It has everything you need to take notes and write a to-do list, replacing the need for a chalkboard, whiteboard, and even scrap paper. As a result, this tablet is ideal for builders, designers, architects, moms, as well as kids.
It features a pressure-sensitive writing surface to allow for thicker and thinner lines. There is an innovative Boogie Board app included to help you take pictures and save the work on your phone. Additionally, this digital notebook has a solid stylus pen that feels good to write with.
- This device is ideal for all writing activities
- It has exact-erase features to enable you to erase like a pencil
- There is a lock button so you don’t erase your work by mistake
- It has a small capacity so you will have to erase everything you write to create more writing space
9. GAOMON Digital Pen Tablet M106K
Featuring 12 express keys on the left and 16 function keys at the top, the GAOMON Digital Pen Tablet M106K enables you to customize functions according to your needs. It has a left-hand mode that can be set in the advanced setting of the driver control to suit left-handed people. This tablet is 2048 Levels Pressure Sensitive with high-level parameters to allow you to draw fluidly.
It weighs a total of 780g, meaning it is lightweight for you to carry wherever you go at all times. Besides, this writing tablet is multipurpose so you can use it for magazine illustrative painting, industrial architectural design, as well as handwriting recognition among others.
- This device uses a rechargeable pen that can last 350 hours after charging
- It has a high-speed processor to read data faster
- The 5080 LPI resolution produces very smooth and precise lines each time
- The configuration settings are sometimes limited
Check also: Best Underwater Fishing Cameras
10. Parblo Island A609 Digital Drawing Tablet
Boasting an ergonomic Arc design, the Parblo Island A609 Digital Drawing Tablet is very comfortable to hold. It has both left-handed and right-handed modes to take into account the needs of various users. This digital notebook comes with a built-in high-performance system chip to make the painting process fast and sensitive.
It uses a cordless and battery-free pen that uses a pressure sensor to make it perfectly connected with the tablet. The pen has 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity to allow you to control the thickness and transparency of your drawing. Also, this device is compatible with all major graphics applications to give you optimum versatility.
- This tablet is slim and portable
- It has a large display for you to sparse your creation
- The device has tilt sensitivity
- It does not support Linux or Chromebook.
Buyers Guide for the Best Digital Notebook
While there are several factors that make the best digital notebook, we have narrowed them down to 3 basic factors to make your search simple and quick. Have a look.
The best digital notebook is one that has an ergonomic design. An ergonomic device is comfortable to hold in the hands and won’t slip if you look away. Most digital notebooks are usually operated while held in hands. So make sure the design allows you to hold it in one hand for extended periods without feeling fatigued.
Since you are purchasing a digital notebook to replace the need for paper and pencil, it is most likely you are going to need it wherever you. Therefore, make sure it comes in an ultra-light and slim construction so you can slide it into your purse or backpack and carry it wherever you go.
To get the most out of the digital notebook you buy, make sure it is highly pressure-sensitive. A notebook that is pressure sensitive gives you maximum power to control your drawing and writings. Thus, you can easily make thick and thin lines by just adding or reducing the pressure you exert while writing.
If you think your life is convenient just because you own a smartphone or tablet, wait until you meet the best digital notebook. These devices are among the latest inventions in technology. Not only do they make your life convenient but also they save you money on pens and books. So if you always have notes to take or messages to leave at home, go through these reviews in order to discover which digital notebook will suit your needs.