The best compact circular saws are designed for full-time DIY enthusiasts. They are powerful tools in lightweight and compact packaging to allow for simple and fast cutting of all materials.
These kinds of saws are mainly preferred due to their flexibility, mobility, and convenience when in operation. In fact, they are ergonomically designed with slim grip handles to enable you to use them in one hand without fatigue.
Not to mention that they are ideal for cuts in tight spaces and awkward positions. To help you arrive at the best compact circular saw the market has to offer, we bring you the following top 10 best reviews in 2021. Read on.
- List of The Best Compact Circular Saws in 2021
- 1. ROCKWELL Ultra-Compact Circular Saw (RK3440K)
- 2. Rockwell Compact Circular Saw, RK3441K
- 3. WORX Circular Saw (WORXSAW)
- 4. BLACK+DECKER Max Circular Saw BDCCS20B
- 5. TACKLIFE Circular Saw
- 6. Genesis Compact Circular Saw GCS545C
- 7. Makita Cordless Circular Saw SH02R1
- 8. VonHaus Compact Circular Saw
- 9. SKILSAW Circular Saw SPT77W
- 10. MasterMind 800344 Circular Saw
- Buyers Guide for the Best Compact Circular Saws
List of The Best Compact Circular Saws in 2021
1. ROCKWELL Ultra-Compact Circular Saw (RK3440K)
Weighing in at 4 pounds, the ROCKWELL Ultra-Compact Circular Saw is lightweight to wield for extended periods and to carry around while traveling. It has an ergonomic design with a slim grip handle to improve comfort and enhance control. This circular saw has an innovative laser guide technology to ensure precise cutting line each time. As such, you can use it to make professional-looking cuts through woods, metals, plastics, and ceramic tiles among others. There is a dust extraction adapter to keep the cut line clear to improve visibility while cutting. Besides, this saw features a depth adjustment lever to allow you to make cut changes with much ease and precision.
- Gives you the power and accuracy to cut in tight areas
- It has great comfort and balance for one-hand operation
- There is a lock-off switch to prevent accidental starting
- This circular saw cuts almost anything
- The handle is a little big for average sized mitts
2. Rockwell Compact Circular Saw, RK3441K
Who needs a full-size saw when the Rockwell Compact Circular Saw, RK3441K will do the trick? With a total weight of 5 pounds, this circular saw is 50% lighter than most conventional circular saws of the same category. It has a maximum cutting depth of 90 degrees with a bevel capacity of 45 degrees to give you the maximum performance of full-size saws. This model is designed with a slim inline grip handle to provide great comfort, balance, and control for overhead cuts. It has a small and thinner blade to ensure less effort and motor strain, enabling you to cut 2-inch nominal lumber materials. Also, this circular saw has a left-handed blade construction to deliver remarkable cut-line visibility.
- Offers easy operation with increased maneuverability
- The slim grip handle allows you to control the saw single-handedly
- It is lightweight yet powerful enough to help you finish up jobs quickly
- May come with shipping defect, otherwise great machine
See Also: Best Oscillating Spindle Sander
3. WORX Circular Saw (WORXSAW)
Cut woods with just a single pass using the WORX Circular Saw. It operates on a 4.5-inch thin blade that makes for less strain, resulting into cutting speed and performance comparable to a full-size circular saw. There are an easy-depth gauge lever and 0-45 degree bevel setting to allow for quick and easy adjustments. Although lightweight, this circular saw is powerful enough to cut wood, metal, plastic, and tile with much ease. It boasts a left-handed blade design to allow for greater cut-line visibility. The saw features an ergonomic handle integrated with safety trigger to provide comfort, control, and balance. Moreover, it comes with a parallel guide attachment to ensure straight and accurate cuts easily and quickly.
- It is very easy to use with just one hand
- The handle is just the right size for smaller hands
- The saw is compact for simple storage and easy portability
- It is not of the best build quality in the industry, but it gets the job done
4. BLACK+DECKER Max Circular Saw BDCCS20B
Equipped with a high torque motor, the BLACK+DECKER Max Circular Saw BDCCS20B provides a fast cutting blade for a variety of tasks. It has a compact and lightweight design that makes it easy to use and to maneuver around. The saw has an ergonomic easy-grip handle to allow for maximum comfort, balance, and control. There is a tool-free depth of cut and bevel adjustment to allow for accurate angled cuts. This machine operates on a 5-1/2″ blade to provide smooth and fast cutting suitable for tough everyday jobs. Ideally, it is built with a left-handed blade design to provide an unobstructed cutting line for better accuracy. What’s more, this machine works with BLACK+DECKER batteries that offer enough power to allow for lots of cuts throughout the day.
- The saw works very well and quietly
- It will perform a wide variety of cutting jobs
- The saw is lightweight enough for an average woman to handle
- Only works well for small jobs
Check Also: Best Gas Hedge Trimmers
5. TACKLIFE Circular Saw
Featuring a 5.8 Amps motor, the TACKLIFE Circular Saw offers full-size performance to make cutting wood, plastic and plaster boards very easy. It has an ergonomic design of a metal handle which helps to reduce fatigue for stronger clamping force and stable cutting. There is an easy-set depth scaled gauge to allow the cutting depth up to 16 inches. The bevel capacity is at 45 degrees to allow you to cut at various angles from 0-45 degrees. This circular saw features a left-sided blade design to offer great cut-line visibility. It is equipped with a laser guide to ensure a professional and precise cutting line. At the same time, there is a double protection switch to prevent the saw from accidentally opening.
- Works well for wood and soft metals
- Allows for precise and straight cuts much easily and quickly
- It can be used in one hand without feeling fatigued
- The safety function hinders performance for left-handed users
6. Genesis Compact Circular Saw GCS545C
Slice through 2X material in one pass with the Genesis Compact Circular Saw GCS545C. This machine uses a 5.8Amp and 3500 RPM motor to allow for quick and easy cut even through the thickest of materials. It is equipped with adjustable depth and bevel setting to ensure maximum cutting depth at 90 degrees and bevel capacity at 45 degrees. This circular saw comes with a built-in dust vacuum adaptor to keep the cutting area clean and clear. It has an ergonomic handle to provide a comfortable grip, balance, and control. Also, the saw is compact and lightweight to enable for easy maneuverability that is handy for tight spots and awkward cuts.
- Allows for one-handed operation
- The dust collecting feature helps to keep your working area clean
- There is a rip guide included for accurate long cuts
- It has an excellent cutline visibility
- May come with manufacturer’s flaws, however, this can be replaced
7. Makita Cordless Circular Saw SH02R1
The Makita Cordless Circular Saw SH02R1 is a nifty saw with much more power than you’d think. With a total weight of 3.5lbs, this saw is compact and lightweight to allow for easy maneuverability. Its motor delivers 1500 RPM to produce more power and speed needed to handle a wide range of cutting applications. This saw has an ergonomic handle with a rubberized soft grip to provide increased comfort, enabling you to perform numerous cutting tasks without fatigue. There is a built-in dust blower to keep the line of dust free for increased cutting accuracy. Furthermore, the saw has a battery protection circuit to protect against over-discharging, overloading, and over-heating.
- Allows for easy operation in tight spaces
- Cuts through particleboard, MDF, plywood, and melamine among others
- It has a tilting base for bevel cuts from 0-45 degrees
- The right-handed blade design doesn’t allow for easy visibility of cutting line
See Also: Best Soldering Station for Hobbyists
8. VonHaus Compact Circular Saw
Precise cutting for professional-looking results is achievable with the VonHaus Compact Circular Saw. It uses 5.8Amp motor to cut easily through woods, ceramic tiles, metals, and flooring. The saw is ergonomically designed with a slim grip handle to improve comfort, control, and balance. It has a laser cutting guide to help you achieve accurate precision cuts each time. This machine is equipped with 3 cutting blades of various diameters to give you maximum cutting versatility. There is an innovative long dust extraction hose to keep your working area neat and tidy. This unit comes with an extra-long cable measuring 118 inches to give you maximum freedom of movement.
- The machine is lightweight for one hand operation
- It comes with a high-quality carry case to allow for easy storage and portability
- The saw easily tackles plunge and rip cuts
- The saw works with a whistling sound; however, this does not compromise performance
9. SKILSAW Circular Saw SPT77W
Powered by the best dual-field motor, the SKILSAW Circular Saw SPT77W stays cool even when tackling the most tedious cuts. There are indents for 0-45 degrees bevel on footplate in front and behind to assist you in making true cuts. This saw is generally balanced with ergonomic handles to allow for all-day comfort during use. As such, it is ideal for heavy wood framing, concrete forming, stairwells and wood with nails. There is an on-tool multi-function wrench to allow for blade change, oil, and brush maintenance. Besides, this saw boasts an aluminum body, aluminum guard, and steel foot plate for added strength and durability.
- The saw feels comfortable and smooth while cutting
- It seems well-made and long-lasting for the price
- This model comes with a SKILSAW blade that is tough straight out of the box
- It is a bit on the heavy side, but this is what makes it excellent on heavy tasks
10. MasterMind 800344 Circular Saw
The MasterMind 800344 Circular Saw is suitable for a variety of applications including plumbing, flooring, electrical finish, carpentry, and tile work. It is equipped with LED and laser light to allow for precision-cut of most building materials up to 7/8 inch thick. There is a unique plunge capability with adjustable depth control to allow for cutting when in tight spaces and awkward positions. This machine operates on a 3-position ergonomic handle that can be adjusted for optimal comfort and control during use. Further, it comes with a vacuum hose adapter to allow for optimal dust extraction.
- Comes with a carrying case for easy storage and portability
- The machine is lightweight and very easy to use
- It offers powerful cutting performance for a wide variety of tasks
- The saw has decent accuracy and it is relatively quiet
- There may be a few minor design flaws, it works well regardless
Buyers Guide for the Best Compact Circular Saws
When it comes to finding the best circular saw, there are very many things to consider. However, to give you an easy task, we have narrowed them down to the following;
Circular saws are crafted with various handle designs. Choosing a machine with an ergonomic handle will make all the difference between being able to wield for hours and wanting to put the machine down after just a few minutes. An ergonomic handle has a soft grip design that improves comfort, balance, and control, allowing you to use the saw for long hours without fatigue.
Although most circular saws are compact, their weights vary from one unit to another. The best circular saw is one that is lightweight enough to move around and to use. For a circular saw that is lightweight, consider one measuring 5 pounds and below. These units are lightweight enough to allow for easy one hand operation.
When shopping for a circular saw, make sure it is small in size to enhance the ease of use. A small circular saw has a small handle that will fit well in average sized hands. Hence, it will give you the balance and control to make cuts quickly and efficiently. Moreover, a small-sized saw is simple to store and takes up little packing space for easy portability.
Investing in the best compact circular saw will get you ready for those small cutting duties at home. They are user-friendly, and therefore, do not need any level of skill to use. In fact, they are lightweight and small enough for you to operate without a fuss. Check out our detailed reviews for the best circular saw that will come in handy for any kind of cutting task.