If you enjoy brewing your coffee at home, you need to invest in the best coffee knock boxes if you don’t have one already. A coffee knock box is a simple but practical tool that can make your coffee brewing experience fun and mess-free. They come in compact sizes so you can even store them neatly in your espresso drip tray for space-saving storage.
These coffee knock boxes are sturdy to enable you to use them year in year out before you can think of a replacement. And the best thing is that most of them have removable parts and are dishwasher safe for effortless cleaning each time.
Today, there are so many knock boxes on the market that finding the right one can be a bit overwhelming. Therefore, to find the best one, you need to look at durability, ease of cleaning, size, weight, as well as the color. The last thing you want is an ugly-looking knock box on top of your kitchen table.
Since these features alone can’t lead you straight to the right product, we have reviewed and compiled some of the top-rated products in the industry right now. And the following top 9 best reviews in 2022 are the results. Read through carefully in order to take home the best coffee knock box for all your needs.
- 9. Breville BCB100 Coffee Knock Box, Barista-Style
- 8. Dreamfarm Grindenstein – Coffee Knock Box
- 7. Dreamfarm Big Grindenstein Coffee Grind Knock Box- Large
- 6. Osaka, Espresso Knock Box
- 5. Breville BES001XL Knock Box, Mini
- 4. HOMEE Espresso Knock Box
- 3. HOME DEPT Espresso knock box and coffee grind dump container
- 2. Breville Knock Box Mini
- 1. Osaka Knock Box (Grey)
9. Breville BCB100 Coffee Knock Box, Barista-Style
Make every coffee brewing process fun and tidy when you have the Breville BCB100 Coffee Knock Box, Barista-Style. It is made up of a stainless steel body that in addition to looking good on your countertop, it is sturdy to withstand several uses.
This knock box features a polymer ring around the bottom to keep it in place for slip-resistant performance. It has a dimension of 6-4/5 by 7 by 7-1/4 inches, meaning it is large enough for many coffee preparation needs. This model boasts a knock-bar crafted from engineering-grade polymers to deliver exceptional durability and performance.
It comes with a removable inner vessel that cleans easily in the dishwasher’s top rack for easy care and maintenance. Better yet, this unit is available in two styles to suit people with various needs and budgets.
- Allows for quick and easy disposal of used coffee grounds
- Seems well-made and sturdy
- The size is perfect both for home and commercial use
- Works well and it is very easy to empty
- This knock box is not ideal for people who don’t have a large working area
8. Dreamfarm Grindenstein – Coffee Knock Box
Consider the Dreamfarm Grindenstein – Coffee Knock Box for a compact unit to bang out your coffee grinds. It has a shock-absorbing design that makes it super strong and sturdy to last several uses.
This unit is equipped with a sturdy steel core that makes it highly durable and difficult to break. It has a unique height to help reduce clutter on the kitchen countertop for a mess-free performance. This knock box is dishwasher safe and fits easily in the top rack for easy cleaning and maintenance.
It has a dimension of 4.3 x 4 inches which is small enough to be stored in the espresso machine’s drip tray. Moreover, this unit is designed with a thick and durable rubber sleeve that absorbs the striking force to make it quiet during use.
- Comes with an informational booklet on how to recycle collected coffee grinds
- Available in three different colors to fulfill various tastes and preferences
- This knock box is lightweight and easy to use
- The ABS plastic construction ensures BPA-free performance
- This knock box fills up fast due to its small size
7. Dreamfarm Big Grindenstein Coffee Grind Knock Box- Large
If you have enough space on your coffee preparation area, consider the Dreamfarm Big Grindenstein Coffee Grind Knock Box- Large. It has a dimension of 5.3 x4.9 inches which is perfect if you want something that won’t fill up fast.
This coffee knock box has a shock-absorbing design with a solid steel core to give you long-lasting performance. It is made up of a high-quality ABS plastic that is BPA-free so you can buy with confidence. This model has a thick and durable rubber sleeve to protect the ground handle while also absorbing the striking force for quiet operation.
It comes in three colors including silver, black, and red for you to choose from based on your tastes and preferences. Besides, this unit is accompanied by an informational booklet to give you ideas on how to recycle coffee grinds.
- The material quality seems great
- The knock box is easy to clean and to maintain
- The sizing is just perfect both for home and commercial use
- The rubberized bar at the bottom doesn’t disconnect for optimum cleaning
6. Osaka, Espresso Knock Box
Made from special ABS plastic, the Osaka, Espresso Knock Box is anti-bacterial to prevent bacterial growth from the inside. It has a large capacity enough to accommodate lots of coffee grinds so you don’t have to empty it too often.
This unit is compact, making it easy to store underneath the espresso machine. There is a special coating around the steel bar made from high-quality foam to absorb most of the shock for silent operation.
This knock box is equipped with a built-in rubber ring to provide a strong gripping surface so it doesn’t move around during use. It comes in brown and gray colors to enable you to choose from according to your preferences. Furthermore, both the knock box and steel bar are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Sturdy steel bar provides a strong knocking base
- Can be removed easily for cleaning
- The price is just right for the quality you get
- The knock box has a cute design that will look good on any countertop
- May come with minor defects; however, the manufacturer is always ready to assist
5. Breville BES001XL Knock Box, Mini
Featuring a stainless steel canister, the Breville BES001XL Knock Box is tough not to break or rust with regular usage. It has sturdy craftsmanship to ensure extra strength and durability for aggressive use.
This unit comes with a removable knock bar to allow for easy cleaning and maintenance. The knock bar is sturdy and strong to ensure easy knock out of even tightly packed coffee puck.
It is easy to operate as all you have to do is knock the portafilter on the knock bar for easy, quick, and mess-free release of the puck. This equipment is complete with an anti-slip rubberized surface to enhance stability on the countertop. What’s more, it comes in two styles to enable you to fulfill the needs of people with various needs and budgets.
- This unit has a nice brushed steel look
- It is attractive and functional at the same time
- The size is big enough to eliminate frequent emptying
- Doubles up as a nice compose container
- The knock bar is a bit high and needs adjustment
4. HOMEE Espresso Knock Box
Dispose of your used coffee pucks easily and quickly within inches of your espresso machine with the HOMEE Espresso Knock Box. It measures 4.8 inches which is just perfect for storing underneath most espresso machines.
This unit has a large capacity to hold large amounts of coffee grinds to ensure you don’t have to empty it every time. It has a rubberized knock bar that won’t scratch or dent your portafilter for convenient performance.
The rubber material reduces impacts so the coffee pucks don’t spill all over to mess your working area. This knock box features a wide base that provides added stability so it won’t tip over during use. The base is rubberized to ensure a secure grip for slip-resistant performance. Better yet, this knock box comes in a nice low-profile color that will look good on any countertop.
- Durable construction to stand the test of time
- Works well and it is very easy to empty
- This tool is easy to clean and to maintain
- It has a small footprint for space-saving use and storage
- This unit is too small for commercial use
3. HOME DEPT Espresso knock box and coffee grind dump container
Composed of high-quality stainless steel and silicone, the HOME DEPT Espresso knock box and coffee grind dump container is durable and reliable. Thus, it will serve its purpose to collect used coffee grounds no matter how hard you knock.
This unit has a large capacity to take around 15 to 20 portafilter coffee grounds until it is completely filled up. It boasts a non-slip bottom that stays in place during use for stable and scratch-resistant performance.
This knock box has a wide opening to eliminate spills on your countertop for neat operation. All of its parts come apart for effortless and thorough cleaning. The best part is that each component is dishwasher safe so you don’t have to worry about tedious cleaning. Moreover, this unit has a sleek design to look stylish and attractive on your countertop.
- Works well for home and commercial use
- The high-quality construction ensures a long lifespan
- Stands firm and indestructible on any table
- Makes a great gift idea for a loved one
- This unit is not ideal if you have a limited working space
2. Breville Knock Box Mini
Measuring in at 4″ L x 4″ W x 4.5″ H, the Breville Knock Box Mini is compact but has enough capacity to accommodate up to 8 pucks. Hence, it can store right into your espresso machine’s drip tray for space-saving storage.
This knock box has a non-skid base to ensure stable performance while protecting your bench surface. It has a sturdy and patented design to make pulling a shot of espresso an easy task. The knock puck is strong to let you knock the puck easily without making a mess all over your working area.
This unit features a stylish design that will look nice on any countertop. Moreover, all its parts are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning and simple maintenance.
- This knock box looks sturdy and well-built
- The size is perfect and space-saving
- The grounds come out with one firm strike
- It’s a very handy kitchen tool every coffee enthusiast should have
- It has an all plastic construction, but this doesn’t compromise performance
1. Osaka Knock Box (Grey)
Constructed from special ABS plastic, the Osaka Knock Box has an antibacterial body to prevent bacteria growth from the inside. It is equipped with a built-in rubber ring to provide a stable and strong gripping surface that won’t keep shifting during use.
This knock box has a large capacity to ensure you don’t have to empty the container too often. Yet, it remains compact enough to fit under the espresso machine for storage. The knock bar has a special coating made from high-quality foam to absorb most of the shock for mess-free performance.
It is removable and dishwasher safe for easy cleaning and maintenance. There is a rubber ring at the bottom of the knock box to ensure a strong grip for stable performance. Furthermore, this knock box is available in two colors to suit people with various needs and budgets.
- This unit is sturdy and durable
- Lightweight and very easy to handle
- It has a robust plastic wall to deliver dependable performance
- Looks good and works well
- May come with minor defects; otherwise, this can be replaced
If you think you don’t need a coffee knock box since you already have a dustbin, you are mistaken. Unlike a dustbin that can harbor germs and bacteria, a knock box is completely clean and safe since it is only meant for coffee grinds.
And the best part is that collected coffee grinds from a knock box can be recycled for other uses. That is why you need to go through this compilation and get the right tool to improve your coffee brewing experience.