A clamp meter is an electrical tester that is a combination of multi-meter and sensors. It can measure current, voltage and even resistance. It is a must-have gadget for every electrician, and it can be used to measure wire, cable, and any other electric conductor. Most of them are for AC though some of them are versatile to measure DC parameters as well. The following is the list of the top 10 best clamp meters in 2022 below. They are quite safe and secure to operate for all requirements.
- List of The Best Clamp Meter in 2022
- 1. Fluke True-RMS Clamp Meter
- 2. Etekcity Digital Multimeter Clamp Meter
- 3. Signstek Handheld Mini Digital Clamp Meter
- 4. Meterk Digital Clamp Meter Multimeter
- 5. Digital Clamp Meter by Klein Tools
- 6. General Technologies Low Current Clamp Meter
- 7. Fluke Ac/Dc Trms Wireless Clamp
- 8. Amprobe Clamp Meter
- 9. UEi Test Instruments Digital Clamp-On Meter
- 10. Digital Tacklife Auto Ranging Multimeter
List of The Best Clamp Meter in 2022
1. Fluke True-RMS Clamp Meter
This is a digital clamp meter that comes with true RMS sensing. This can measure AC current of up to 400 amp and resistance of up to 4 Kohms. It also has the capacity to measure AC/DC voltage of up to 600 V and has a perfect jaw opening that does not interrupt the circuit. This is safe to use and meets the standards of IEC.
In this, you will find the feature of audible continuity sensor that lets you know that the circuits conduct electricity. This will provide accurate reading with linear and non-linear loads, with or without waveform. This comes in a slim and ergonomic design and is a fluke clamp meter.
- Ergonomic profile and easy to use.
- 30 mm jaw opening and audible continuity sensor.
- True RMS sensing and multipurpose tool.
- There is no con to discuss.
2. Etekcity Digital Multimeter Clamp Meter
The clamp meter has auto-ranging and can measure continuity test, diode test, AC/DC voltage, AC current, and resistance. This is simple to use and measures without interrupting the circuit. This also has max reading and data hold and includes a large LCD screen. This will automatically enter sleep mode after inactivity of 15 minutes and saves power.
Moreover, this comes with a convenient carrying pouch and is a multipurpose tool. This is perfect for electrical issues and lets you have convenient control. This requires two AAA 1.5 batteries and has a jaw opening of 28 mm. This has double insulation, and there is also the feature of overload display.
- Multipurpose tool and easy to use.
- Lightweight profile and includes a carry bag.
- Large LCD display and auto-ranging.
- It cannot measure resistance.
3. Signstek Handheld Mini Digital Clamp Meter
With digital display, this clamp meter is very easy to read. It has a high degree of accuracy and is in a portable design. This is ideal for measuring AC/DC current and voltage, capacitance,resistance, is very lightweight and is a perfect tool for amateurs. This is made of tough ABS and is very durable and is stable and has an auto range.
Furthermore, it has input protection and includes the feature of the low battery indicator. It runs on two AAA batteries and is automatically off after 15 minutes of non-usage. This also has data hold along with non-contact voltage detection.
- Low battery indicator and auto power off.
- LCD with backlight and portable.
- Easy to use and True-RMS.
- It is slightly inconsistent in low range measurement.
4. Meterk Digital Clamp Meter Multimeter
Here is a multipurpose tool that lets you measure resistance, capacitance, duty cycle, AC/DC voltage, frequency, and diode. The clamp meter has non-contact voltage detection and comes with a sensor to detect the voltage. This will avoid electric shock, and there is sound and light alarm for any live wire or AC voltage of up to 1000 V.
It is safe to use and has a low voltage indication. This has a large backlit LCD screen that helps you to see the measurement even in dark conditions. It comes in a portable design and is very easy to carry. This is easy to operate and requires three AAA batteries.
- Lightweight, compact, and easy to use.
- Multipurpose tool and overload protection.
- Safe to use and NCV detection function.
- It is not exactly accurate in all measurements.
5. Digital Clamp Meter by Klein Tools
With the function of automatic ranging TRMS technology, this clamp meter has increased accuracy and is easy to operate. The test lead can measure resistance, AC/DC voltage, tests diodes, capacitance, continuity, and frequency. This has an easily accessible battery section, and you will find the feature of the low battery indicator.
Besides, you will find the thermocouple probe, which can easily measure temperature. It has a low impedance mode that helps to identify and eliminate stray voltages. This is durable and can withstand a drop from 6.6 foot and has double insulation safety rating. This is reliable and operates to 2000 meters.
- Durable and low battery indicator.
- Low impedance mode and thermocouple probing.
- Automatic ranging and multipurpose tool.
- The design could have been better.
6. General Technologies Low Current Clamp Meter
In this clamping meter, you will find a small jaw and it accurately measures the AC/DC current to up to 100 A. This is a perfect tool for measuring the voltage of up to 600 volts and includes a digital display. This has a single rotary switch operation for both data and peek functions and gives 2 readings/second sampling.
In addition, this has an audible indicator and includes a deluxe carrying pouch. This is easy to operate and comes ready to use. It has a small diameter as well as a narrow jaw that make it perfect for confined spaces. It also has a peak detector, display hold, resistance measurement functions, and audible continuity test.
- Large voltage capacity and multiple resistance measurement.
- Narrow jaw and small diameter.
- Deluxe pouch and suitable for limited places.
- Takes time to reach the final reading.
7. Fluke Ac/Dc Trms Wireless Clamp
This is a technically advanced clamp meter that allows you to connect your smartphone and get the accurate measurements. It will let you read the measurements from a safe distance, and you will have to wear less PPE. This has the ability to record the results in your phone and Cloud and lets you share the records directly via calls or emails.
It allows measuring True-RMS voltage on non-linear signals and includes the feature of Bluetooth connectivity. It comes with test leads and includes a magnetic hanging strap. Furthermore, this has logging capabilities that help with the various troubleshoot intermittent faults.
- Fluke Connect app to record on a smartphone.
- Logging capability and True-RMS voltage.
- Bluetooth connectivity and wireless transmission of records.
- There is no negative point to discuss.
8. Amprobe Clamp Meter
Looking for a versatile clamping meter? This one lets you measure a different range of functions and has the feature of True-RMS sensing. This will provide error-free measurements and gives a fast response on low pass filters. With this, you can measure both small and large diameter wires and is a reliable product. This has gone rigorous testing for your safety and is ideal for a professional environment. It also has the feature of non-contact voltage detection and includes a large LCD display with backlit.
All in all, it will let you have correct measurements of variable frequency drives and non-sinusoidal signals. This has a low pass filter that lets you measure the voltage from different frequency drives. This is ideal for electrical system troubleshooting and meets the compliance of CE and IEC. This has Amp-Tip function and is perfect for low current measurement.
- Amp-Tip function and variable frequency drives.
- Rotation detector to avoid erroneous reading.
- Includes carrying case and LCD backlit display.
- It is not suitable for a high range of measurement.
9. UEi Test Instruments Digital Clamp-On Meter
Providing you with convenience, this clamp meter has a digital display. It comes with test leads and includes a convenient pouch. This is perfect for electrical maintenance and general troubleshooting and is highly functional. This is a reliable product that can accurately measure capacitance, resistance, frequency, AC/DC current, and continuity. In this, you will find dual display and has auto power off.
You will also find the feature of auto ranging and runs with two AAA batteries. This has a low battery display lock and includes a test lead holder on the clamp. This also has the capacity to measure current on live conductors and is extremely compact. This will do the toughest job in a very quick time and is very useful for technical support.
- Low battery display and auto power off.
- Measures current on live conductors and zippered pouch.
- Circuit loading measurement and auto-ranging.
- The readings are slightly slow and inconsistent.
10. Digital Tacklife Auto Ranging Multimeter
Available in a humanized design, this clamp meter comes with a backlight display that allows you to read in dark areas. This is easy to use and is perfect for both professionals and novice. It will automatically enter in sleep mode after ten minutes of inactivity and provides an accurate measurement. Moreover, this will easily solve the various electrical problems and has a digital display.
This has a low pass filter, and it can easily measure low-frequency signals. This has a buzzer, which alarms at different frequencies. It also has a PTC protection circuit that makes it safe to use and also comes in a complete set and runs with AAA batteries. It has a temperature range of up to 1000° Centigrade and can measure capacitance, resistance, AC/DC voltage, and duty cycle test.
- Multipurpose use and high-temperature range.
- Compact design and easy to use.
- Auto shutoff, backlight display, and low impedance test.
- The readings can be inconsistent at times.
A clamp meter is widely used for electricians, maintenance technicians, contractors and control technicians. The use of a clamp meter is a must because of electric and electronic devices, and connections need absolutely accurate measurements. Besides, it is a suitable device for diagnostic and repairing works. We have listed the best clamp meters with all the modern features and functionalities to meet all your requirements.