With several drones being released into the market every now and then, you can now find the best camera drones under 200. Compared to ordinary drones, camera drones are equipped with HD definition cameras to help you capture beautiful moments in space. Camera drones under 200 are not only affordable but also highly functional and easy to operate.
Some are designed with Wi-Fi connectivity that lets you connect them to your phone for first person view (FPV) experience. As if that is not enough, they are loaded with innovative features to give you magical and fantastic flight experience. Take a look at the following top 10 reviews in 2019 in order to identify the right camera drone under 200 that will meet all your needs.
1. Syma Quad Copter, X5C
The Syma Quad Copter, X5C is loaded with numerous professional features that make it stand out among other camera drones at the same price range. The 3.7V 500 Mah Li-poly rechargeable battery, for instance, takes only 100 minutes to charge and can fly for 7 minutes on a complete charge.
This camera drone has wind-resistant craftsmanship so it can easily be flown both indoors and outdoors without any fear. It is equipped with an HD camera that films at two-megapixel resolutions. This model utilizes the 6-axis Gyro stabilization system to make the helicopter highly flexible and stable when flying. What’s more, it has 360 degrees eversion to enable you to perform flips at the touch of a button.
- This camera drone comes with user’s annual for troubleshooting guideline
- It has a 2.4GHz remote control for easy navigation
- This unit is easy to assemble and the blades come with a protective guard to reduce injury potentials
- It is difficult to identify directionality when the drone goes higher in elevation
2. Holy Stone Quadcopter Drone with HD Camera, F181C RC
Designed with one key return and headless security system, the Holy Stone Quadcopter Drone with HD Camera, F181C RC is suitable for beginners. It is equipped with two batteries to provide longer flight time. This camera drone comes with controllable LED lights to enable you to locate it, especially at night.
It boasts 3D flips and rolls to allow you to make interesting flips in four different directions. The included camera is 720P HD to ensure you can capture exquisite videos and photos to record happy moments. Besides, this camera drone has an innovative altitude hold function that ensures it stays hovering at the current height when you release the throttle stick.
- This unit is ideal for photography during flights
- It is extremely well-made and durable
- This camera drone is very simple to fly
- This camera drone has no first person view
3. DBPOWER RC Quadcopter Drone, X400W
Equipped with one key 3D roll, the DBPOWER RC Quadcopter Drone, X400W is very easy to use even by beginners. It uses the newest technology of 6-axis gyro flying control system so it can move flexibly to take wonderful pictures in almost any direction. This drone comes with a high-capacity battery to enable you to fly it for 8-9 minutes continuously.
It has a convenient FPV real-time transmission that allows you to connect to your phone to view pictures directly on your phone. Better yet, there is a headless mode which automatically controls the direction of the drone so you don’t have to worry about which direction the drone is facing.
- This drone is easy and fun to use
- It is very durable to last several uses
- The drone is stable and gains balance soon after taking off
- The included instructions are not easy to follow; however, the drone is easy to use you won’t even need them
4. Cheerwing Syma Quadcopter Drone, X5SW-V3
Made with an HD camera, the Cheerwing Syma Quadcopter Drone, X5SW-V3 lets you take photos and videos while flying. It has the headless mode with 360 degrees eversion to enable you to fly it in almost any direction. This drone is equipped with colorful flashing lights to enable you to fly and locate it even at night.
It has a built-in 6-axis gyro system to ensure a stable and fast flight. This model operates on a 500mAh battery that provides a super long flight time on a complete charge. It has a USB charging option to allow for peerless convenience. Moreover, this camera drone boasts left-hand control, making it easy to use by pilots of all skill levels.
- This drone can fly over a distance of 50 meters
- It comes with instructions for easy setup and use
- This model is durably constructed to withstand the elements outdoors
- The motors and circuit board may heat up after use; this can be avoided by taking 10 minutes break
5. Holy Stone WiFi FPV Drone, F181W
Take high-resolution pictures and videos when flying the Holy Stone WiFi FPV Drone, F181W. It is equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi module that allows you to connect to your phone to enable you to see exactly what the camera sees. This drone utilizes the headless mode so it can retain the same direction as your transmitter entirely for you to fly it in any direction.
At the same time, it has one key return home to enable you to fly back the drone in the direction of the transmitter. This camera drone operates on 3.7V 750mAh Lipo Battery that can fly for 7-10 minutes on a complete charge. Furthermore, it has an automatic altitude hold feature to enable you to keep the drone hovering in the same height.
- This drone is incredibly stable when flying
- It seems pretty safe to use by almost everyone
- The drone is fun and easy to fly
- The clipping mechanism for the camera is not the best
6. Holy Stone RC Drone, HS160
With foldable and flexible blades, the Holy Stone RC Drone, HS160 is compact and highly portable. Thus, it is easy and safe to use both by beginners and professional pilots. This drone is designed with 720P HD camera to allow you to take high-resolution aerial photos and videos.
It comes with APP control system to enable you to operate your drone through an app in your phone. When you buy this drone you get 2 powerful 3.7V 500mAh Modular batteries which can support longer flight time for you to enjoy with your family. Moreover, it has one key for start and landing to make it easier to control by people of all skill levels.
- The camera offers better visuals
- The drone flies really well straight out of the box
- It has decent quality for the price
- The drone has easy to use controls and features
- The drone may fail to function properly if you charge immediately after use
7. Holy Stone RC Drone, HS200
The Holy Stone RC Drone, HS200 is FPV-enabled to allow you to pair with your iOS or Android smartphone so you can stream a live video or photo while flying. When you release the throttle stick the drone stays at the same altitude; thanks to the altitude hold function. This drone works with an App that lets you activate functions like the Gravity SENSOR Mode for control while you are holding or moving your smartphone.
It comes with a convenient USB power charger port to allow you to charge the battery without taking it off. In addition, this drone is equipped with LED lights to ensure you can easily locate it when flying at night.
- This drone has one-button for starting and landing
- It has 4-speed adjustments for better flying experience
- The drone has smooth flights and hovers beautifully
- This drone is not wind-resistant; so use when the wind is on the minimum
8. Holy Stone RC Drone, HS110D
Powered by a modularized and powerful battery, the Holy Stone RC Drone, HS110D has longer flying time. It is equipped with LED lighting to allow for night flight and battery power alert. This camera drone is designed with the headless mode to allow you to fly it in any direction to and fro.
It has adjustable speed modes that can go from low to high suitable for beginners and experts alike. The 120-degree HD camera takes photos and videos at a wide angle range so you don’t miss any magical view in space. Better yet, this drone features an altitude hold function that enables you to fly it at the same altitude for a fantastic experience
- The drone has a flip mode which is very fun
- It has a 4GB micro SD card to allow you to save photos and videos taken
- The controller is very easy to operate with an informative display
- The camera angle cannot be adjusted
9. DBPOWER Predator RC Quadcopter Drone, U842
Record beautiful moments nature has to offer with the DBPOWER Predator RC Quadcopter Drone, U842. Featuring the headless mode, this drone gives you total control for a straightforward flying experience. It comes with two large capacity batteries which can last up to 18 minutes on a complete charge, ensuring longer flying time.
This drone is equipped with out of range alarm to enable you to trace it if it goes out of sight. Thus, it is easy to operate and can be used by everyone including the novice. Also, the included camera is 720p and high-definition to help you capture real-time images to share with friends and family on social networks.
- This quad copter is powerful with an ultra-responsive motor
- It is lightweight for easy control and maneuverability
- The drone can fly a distance of up to 30 meters
- May heat up with use; however, taking 10-minute breaks can help with this
Check also: Best Pots and Pans for Gas Stove
10. Holy Stone Drone, HS100G
Crafted with an innovative follow me mode, the Holy Stone Drone, HS100G will automatically follow and capture your every move so you can take non-stop pictures and videos. It uses one key for take-off and landing, making it ideal for kids and rookies.
This drone has the altitude hold function that lets you fly it at the same altitude for maximum versatility. It has a headless mode so you don’t have to worry about losing the drone as you can fly it any direction. Furthermore, this drone comes with 5G FPV Wi-Fi Transmission to allow you to see what your drone sees when you connect to your smartphone.
- This drone offers a thrilling flight experience
- It is easy to use and to control
- The drone can fly for 15 minutes straight on a full charge
- May come with packaging defects, otherwise great unit
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Camera Drones Under 200
If you want to find the right camera drones under 200 with as little search as possible, check out the following factors.
One of the best features that will take flying camera drones to a whole new level is the LED lighting. Not only will the LED lighting help you fly the drone at night but also it will help you trace the drone easily in case it goes out of sight.
The best camera drone is one that can fly long enough to help you capture every beautiful moment. Most camera drones can fly for 6 to 7 minutes. However, there are some camera drones that can fly for 10 to 15 minutes when its battery is fully charged. The longer the flight time the drone has the better the flight experience you will get.
Bonus features and accessories
To get the most out of the camera drone you buy, make sure it comes with special features and accessories. Some of these features include Headless mode, altitude hold mode and FPV features among others. Also, special accessories that can improve the performance of a camera drone are the presence of a remote and app control.
Drones are fast-gaining popularity due to the convenience and fun they bring into people’s lives. Camera drones, for instance, are functional gadgets that help you enjoy some fun time with family and friends. Not just because they are nice to fly but also because they help capture videos and pictures from places you can’t reach. So check out our thorough reviews to discover the best drones for all your requirements.