Airsoft goggles can be recreational, laidback or involve some heavy-duty and intense scenarios. Regardless of how you approach your airsoft gaming, you should never forget the basics. And one of the basics in airsoft gaming is safety. Yes, safety comes first, given the speed pellets go when released. Pellets move so fast that if they catch you on their eye, then the results can be devastating. They can cause severe injuries to the eye and even partial loss of vision or temporary blindness. With all that said, every time you are stepping out of the house to play airsoft, the best airsoft goggles should always be with you.
They are innovative goggles designed to protect your eyes and keep you safe throughout the gaming experience. They are impact-resistant and sturdy enough to ensure that even the fastest-moving pellets do not mess with your eyes. Ideally, some airsoft goggles come with masks to provide you with full protection. In most cases, the masks are made of steel for durability and to withstand impacts. Unfortunately, finding the best set of airsoft goggles can be a challenge. But we say, worry not, as we have compiled a list of the brands we believe are game changers.
10. Valken Airsoft Lens Goggle – Sierra Thermal
This airsoft goggle has a lot of ratings because it is built to last. It has a TPU frame that boasts outstanding resistance to heat and cold as well as providing a perfect facial seal. The goggle also boats a thermal system, which provides anti-fog protection in far-from-friendly weather. Moreover, the thermal system makes the goggle perfect for extreme-temperature working environments. The goggle is safe to use and of great quality; thanks to the CE EN166 certification, MIL-V-43511c ballistic standards, and CAN/CSA Z94.3-07 certification.
- The profile is low enough that it does not interfere with aiming
- Very comfortable to wear
- Durable and adjustable for convenience
- The goggles fog up, but this is an issue with many airsoft goggles
9. Lancer Tactical Airsoft Goggles – Vented
You will give everything for comfortable airsoft goggles, will you? That being said, we think that these airsoft goggles are worth spending money on. They have foam padding inside of the frame to provide you with maximum comfort. Furthermore, these goggles come with an integrated lens wrap for covering lens when not in use or stored. They are quality airsoft goggles that the manufacturer believes, considering that it provides a 14-day return period. The color of these goggles is OD green, meaning the goggles blend perfectly with lots of outdoor outfits.
- Great for the price
- Play a big role in saving your eyesight
- Goggles arrive fast and with zero damages
- They do fog, but only if you keep all of the foam attached inside
8. Lancer Tactical 3mm Lens Goggle System – AERO
The AERO 3mm Eye Protection Goggle System is on these reviews because it is built with a lightweight and modern frame. The frame is durable, given that it is made of high-density polycarbonate thermoplastic. It is impact-resistant; hence, will hold up nicely to the outdoor environment. The goggle system fits snug and forms a protective shield around your eyes. What’s more, it is equipped with a 3mm thick dual pane lens that is treated and meets the requirements of ANSI-Z87.1.
- Comes with extra polycarbonate lenses
- Comes with a soft bag for storage
- Sits comfortably and protects well
- No instructions on how to change the lens
7. ESS Eyewear Profile Night Vision Compatible Goggle
Very few airsoft goggles beat this night vision compatible goggle. It is one of the safest goggles you can rely on. This is because it has been battle tested in the most demanding theaters. Yes, its price is on the higher side, but it is worth it because its quality is unmatched. It has 2.8mm extra-thick lenses that are made of polycarbonate to offer maximum protection, especially against impact. Furthermore, the goggle boasts 100-percent UVA and UVB filtration.
- Fits nicely and feels good
- It has a night vision feature
- Well made and designed; trash and bugs can’t get inside it
- Arrives promptly and in good condition
- Fogs up, but so are many airsoft goggles out there
6. SPOSUNE Airsoft Tactical Goggles with 3 Interchangeable Lenses
These goggles are designed to overcome anything the outdoor environment throws at them. They come with three poly-carbonate lenses that are capable of withstanding high impact. The lenses are available in many different colors, which are Grey, Yellow, and Clear. The goggles also have an adjustable headband to keep them tight and to ensure you are not inconvenienced in any way. They are versatile goggles that will keep your eyes safe from dust as well as 99-percent UVA, UVB, UVC, and dangerous blue light.
- Easy to wear and great for shooting, skiing, etc
- Goggles fit great over a variety of helmets
- They come with different lenses
- Not the most comfortable
5. Freehawk Tactical Airsoft Mask Goggles Set
When you buy this set, you get one tactical goggle and one airsoft mask. For the price, we think this is a great deal that you will never find anywhere. The airsoft mask features a mesh design that makes it breathable and comfortable to wear. The goggle, on the other hand, boasts high transparency, and it is resistant to scratches. It is also anti-collision and anti-UV. In addition, this set comes with adjustable straps to fit any size of head.
- The price point is incredible
- Works great for paintball and airsoft protection
- The adjustable straps are a bonus
- The mask is a little wide, but this does not affect performance
4. Unigear Airsoft Half Face Steel Mesh Mask
Although this airsoft half face steel mesh mask is constructed of steel, it is very lightweight to make sure you are able to easily carry it every time you are going out to hunt, shoot or play paintball. The mesh used to make this mask is ANSI Z80.3 certified. This means it is of great quality and totally safe to use. The mask comes with 4 adjustable head straps that can be adjusted in length to fit various head sizes and shapes.
- The price is excellent
- Lightweight and very comfortable to wear
- Provides outstanding protection for peace of mind
- Getting the adjustments right may take you some time
3. Jadedragon Half Face Lower Mask & Tactical Metal mesh Goggle Set
Jadedragon knows that you want a super sturdy airsoft goggle set that will protect you during airsoft and paintball games. That’s why it has come up with this lower mask & tactical goggle set. The set is made of low-carbon steel and 1000-denier nylon, a combination that makes it super sturdy. As if that’s not enough, the manufacturer has had it tested at 800FPS impact resistance at a temperature of -10 degrees Celsius to 42 degrees Celsius. Well, this will give you peace of mind knowing that you are using a tried and tested product.
- The face mask works perfectly
- The face mask works with most eye protection goggles/glasses
- The set is one size fits most
- The goggles could be better
2. Valken Echo Airsoft Goggles (V-TAC)
Buying a set of certified airsoft goggles cannot be overlooked. That’s why we are proud to bring you the Valken Echo Airsoft Goggles (V-TAC). They meet ANSI/ISEA Z87.1 high requirements. They also meet CAN/CSA Z94.3-0 to give you peace of mind knowing that you are using safe and quality airsoft goggles. What’s more, these goggles for airsoft are equipped with a fully adjustable elastic strap, which, in turn, features quick release that attaches to temples to provide a secure fit.
- The strap can be removed and is very comfortable
- The anti-fogging function is pretty effective
- The lens is solid
- The yellow tint brightens effectively
- Become uncomfortable after hours of wearing them
1. KYhao Airsoft Glass Regulator Goggles (Black)
You will get one smoked lens, one white lens, and a box when you buy these regulator goggles. The goggles weigh just 0.3 kilos, meaning they are very light in weight; hence, perfect for airsoft. Best of all, their lightweight design does not make them flimsy in any way. Well, this is because the goggles are made of polycarbonate and nylon; two materials that are really strong. The goggles also have something most goggles do not have – the Fan Version. The role of the Fan Version is to keep the lenses clear.
- The fan is quiet and works to reduce fogging
- Goggles come with an extra lens and lens cloth
- Straps are easy to adjust
- The fan is not very powerful
The greatest mistake you can make in an airsoft game is to play without airsoft goggles. It is just impossible to predict when your opponent would make the perfect headshot with an airsoft pellet. As such, the opponent might hit you on the eye. And when they do, it is game over! So, to be safe, be keen to wear airsoft goggles every time you are playing airsoft.